Best way to get a copy of house title and tax bill

DR-calor

Aug 12, 2021
Maryland USA
Hello all -

First let me say how much I love the DR1 website and emails. Great stuff !

I was born in Dominican Republic. My father bought the house in question in the mid 1950s and I lived there the first few years of my life plus visited my grandmother there for a number of years. I now live in the US. My family thinks the house may still be in my father's name. I have the address but not an old title.

Also is there an extra cost to find out if the tax bill is up to date and paid ? Also can I find out who has been paying the tax bill all these years ?

Any recommendations on who can get this done remotely without scamming me and at a good price ?

Thanks !

Andy A.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hello all -

First let me say how much I love the DR1 website and emails. Great stuff !

I was born in Dominican Republic. My father bought the house in question in the mid 1950s and I lived there the first few years of my life plus visited my grandmother there for a number of years. I now live in the US. My family thinks the house may still be in my father's name. I have the address but not an old title.

Also is there an extra cost to find out if the tax bill is up to date and paid ? Also can I find out who has been paying the tax bill all these years ?

Any recommendations on who can get this done remotely without scamming me and at a good price ?

Thanks !

Andy A.
There may not be a tax bill if it was under a certain value. Sounds like you need a lawyer. Where is the house located?

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Two things that you can do yourself.
1-Go the Dgii and check if there are any taxes due; the annual tax is only when the house value and land is over 8 Millions and something; it has an inflation adjustment annually.

You can check this here: https://dgii.gov.do/herramientas/consultas/Paginas/default.aspx

2-You can go to the Registro de Titulo and ask for a certificado de No gravamen; the you can verify that the property is clear; it does not cost much:

You can check this here: https://ri.gob.do/?page_id=301

Just do it your Self

Fernando Pena /

PS: I welcome any correction or Tips

Reactions: windeguy and cavok