But I love him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
This may come as a surprise to you but many Dominicans do not consider who does more for the GDP, because, in their vew, some things are more important than the GDP. There are some who might not know what the GDP is... Here in the DR you do not hear people being criticised because they push a wheelbarrow. It might be a 'humble' occupation but it is deemed as 'honest'. If you listen, however, you will hear plenty about sankies being criticised by Dominicans. It is exactly as DMV123 said a few posts back. And that criticism spans the social groupings.

I am not judging it, I am simply describing what is.

I was being facetious with the GDP mention.

Who thinks a guy pushes a wheelbarrow full of coconuts does it because he chose the path of humility and righteousness?

Please.

He was probably a Sankie before his hair and teeth fell out. :eek:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
They're not shunned, either and when they get their money from the Western Union all those "respectable" JA islanders are their newest, bestest buddies and would jump at the chance for such a hookup. I'm not talking about the Church crowd or those with connected jobs, I'm talking about the struggling masses and even what they consider to be the "middle class".

"Respectable"? Who's got the right to consider themselves "respectable" and others not and how many total hypocrites hide behind veils of "respectability" only to be busted out when caught knee deep in their hypocracy?

When you boil it down, just about everybody in the "entertainment" industry is for sale to some extent. The business is all about "hookups" and not as much about talent as most think. I say the Sankies of the World provide a necessary service and they should be treated with understanding and respect. Old, fat, pale, rich widows need love too.

A. I agree, to a dude or babe making $250 a month, it can be too sweet to turn down pleading infirmity and/or calamity so some super duper wealthy foreigners take pity on you and then throw some money your way. Apart from these tourist towns it almost doesnt happen. One babe asked me to give her money to pay her rent yesterday.
B. I agree, the same people that cling to terms like "respectability" may be doing things 2-3x as worse as these resort "rentadreads" were you to shine a light on their activities. How many of those unnamed "respectable people" are pedophiles or incestors or general masochists?
C. I agree, any hotelier can build a resort anywhere and install all the same equipment, themes, and cuisine. Competition is fierce and every place on the beach looks the same in the Caribbean. But one needs the return visitor to keep the coffers full. So the old babes get a little(or a lot) of ding-a-ling and the desire to come back and see Ferdinandingo(our beloved in-house travelling sankie).

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I was being facetious with the GDP mention.

Who thinks a guy pushes a wheelbarrow full of coconuts does it because he chose the path of humility and righteousness?

Please.

He was probably a Sankie before his hair and teeth fell out. :eek:

Or more likely, he is barely literate and didnt know any one to put him on at the resort. So he took his love of God and his 3rd grade education and is trying to make it happen. But dont be fooled he does wish he could meet one of the big droopy boob American women with the back rolls, love handles and nasty attitude. He d try to woo her to get her to send him some money for underwear, or a motorcycle or gold watch quicker than a bruised banana turns brown.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
The real issue is not that it goes on - really it is just another form of prostitution. BUT at least with prostitutes you know what you are paying for.

Sankies and sankiettes LIE and CHEAT - they create the illusion it is something else - when was the last time a prostitute said: "oh papi I love you". AND you believed it!!!!

I have no issue with sexual tourists, flings, fun times, paid companionship - I take issue with the - oh my mom is sick! Oh my baby needs an operation! Oh my boss says if I dont get another cell phone so he can reach me at all hours of the day I will be fired! Oh I got a driving ticket and if I don't pay $500 US I will go to jail!

It is the creation of the environment of "love" "forever" "you are the one" that I dislike. I think it is not good for the country or the economy.

Just tell the truth - or at least close to the truth! baby I will adore you and make love to you and dance with you for a whole week and the cost is drinks, taxis, dinner and a $200 US phone!!!!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
The real issue is not that it goes on - really it is just another form of prostitution. BUT at least with prostitutes you know what you are paying for.

Sankies and sankiettes LIE and CHEAT - they create the illusion it is something else - when was the last time a prostitute said: "oh papi I love you". AND you believed it!!!!

I have no issue with sexual tourists, flings, fun times, paid companionship - I take issue with the - oh my mom is sick! Oh my baby needs an operation! Oh my boss says if I dont get another cell phone so he can reach me at all hours of the day I will be fired! Oh I got a driving ticket and if I don't pay $500 US I will go to jail!

It is the creation of the environment of "love" "forever" "you are the one" that I dislike. I think it is not good for the country or the economy.

Just tell the truth - or at least close to the truth! baby I will adore you and make love to you and dance with you for a whole week and the cost is drinks, taxis, dinner and a $200 US phone!!!!

On point !!!

but not good for the country or the economy ?

I am sure if the sankies told the truth, they would still choose to believe there is more to it. The thread is the perfect example.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

Bwaahahaha!!!

You just described marriage!!!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
On point !!!

I am sure if the sankies told the truth, they would still choose to believe there is more to it. The thread is the perfect example.

I totally disagree with that one. I think they're GREAT for the economy. You see they get the money flowing INTO the country FROM other countries and it's not a small amount of money, either. Just hang out near a Western Union and watch the comings and goings. It's busier than the bank! This money is injected directly into the economy (because fast money spends fast) and local businesses all share in the good fortune of the recipient.

"Sankies" and "Sankettes" are personally responsible for keeping the Dominican economy vibrant during the recent recession and should be hailed as national heroes.

Reactions: augustus

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
On point !!!

I meant if sankies told the truth, their victims would still choose to believe/fantasize that there is more to it i.e. the sanky fall in love too, I feel bad for these poor guys, etc.....

This thread is the perfect example.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Bwaahahaha!!!

You just described marriage!!!

Difference is it lasts more then 7 days and maybe you are left with half....LOL

As for the economy - sure it works. Prostitution works too! Stealing works too! Drugs are GREAT for the economy! Want to use that argument you better take it all the way.

You miss the point - it is not about the MONEY!!!! It is about the deception. At least prostitutes are upfront about their work! Sheeeesh.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Difference is it lasts more then 7 days and maybe you are left with half....LOL

As for the economy - sure it works. Prostitution works too! Stealing works too! Drugs are GREAT for the economy! Want to use that argument you better take it all the way.

You miss the point - it is not about the MONEY!!!! It is about the deception. At least prostitutes are upfront about their work! Sheeeesh.

Yeah, unlike wives.

Stealing and drugs are terrible for the economy. They take away from it, take people out of productive society (prison) and cost the general public money (insurance, medical treatment, loss, rehab, interdiction, etc. etc. etc).

I got your point just fine. I just happen to disagree with it. No biggie.

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
They're not shunned, either and when they get their money from the Western Union all those "respectable" JA islanders are their newest, bestest buddies and would jump at the chance for such a hookup. I'm not talking about the Church crowd or those with connected jobs, I'm talking about the struggling masses and even what they consider to be the "middle class".

"Respectable"? Who's got the right to consider themselves "respectable" and others not and how many total hypocrites hide behind veils of "respectability" only to be busted out when caught knee deep in their hypocracy?

When you boil it down, just about everybody in the "entertainment" industry is for sale to some extent. The business is all about "hookups" and not as much about talent as most think. I say the Sankies of the World provide a necessary service and they should be treated with understanding and respect. Old, fat, pale, rich widows need love too.

hey, im not pale!! ;~)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

ella: "Mandeme algo d dinero por wester junior para pagar la renta"

yo: "Tu vas a mandarme dinero a pagar la renta? No necesito que tu lo hares eso. Gracias por la oferta."

ella: "Ya veo que tu no eres facil."

I think the rationale of calamity is put upon you as to not make you feel like you re getting hustled. That you are actually doing them some good. But of course they KNOW they re conning you which is the reason for the lie in the 1st place.
And another thing when grey said earlier, wine and dine and bring gifts, I agree to a small degree. Bring gifts that cost no more than $10. You can do what you want but when you open that "bringing gifts" box you always get DEMANDS. One asked me for a curling iron and/or a 1500Watt blow dryer. I ll said I ll look but whatever I see I ll be motivated by price solely. She goes on about how it has to be the Hot Tools Professional brand. See? Thats why I dont like doing that. I went to Rite Aid and they had a 1875Watt ConAir hair dryer on sale for $7.99 but thats not good enough. So I said screw it. Or another woman who asked me this morning to bring back a digital camera. I said no, the cheapest good digital camera is $60. I gave a woman a brand new cell phone to replace her ragged phone, which she subsequently "lost" in a manner she cant recall.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

I dont think so Aida. I think if I said the same "sank-timonious" things to these Dominican women that those resort personnel say to the tourists I d be just as successful. Not in them sending me money, because you know....But in enhancing my "Crush" rate. How many times have you heard that they have a novio alla pero esta enfermo o se volvio a su esposa? You know thats not true. The dude worked a love-con on them and bounced. They thought it was real until the day he stopped calling. But since I m matter of fact in my mannerisms I appear weird but you will never see me running a love-con. "Darling I want to make you mine and bring you back with me to my pais." Nope.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
But since I m matter of fact in my mannerisms I appear weird but you will never see me running a love-con. "Darling I want to make you mine and bring you back with me to my pais." Nope.

Ahhh. I was wondering when someone would turn this coin over. They've got their hooks and we've got ours. Everybody has ways of trying to get what they want. Only the desperate and the greedy reach as far as they can though.

I generally stay at the same place when I'm in Santo Domingo and every once in awhile one of the servers, front desk clerks or bartenders will come up missing after hitting the "gringo lotto" and ends up in Atlanta, Boston, NY, etc. This is what keeps the rest hoping for themselves.

If the slots didn't pay out from time to time nobody would play them.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
There was, or still is, on some internet site (Facebook, maybe? I don't recall offhand) a section started by a woman who frequented the AI resorts and began a gossip section, where other women who've been "hurt" by these sankies shared their stories and compared horror stories.

Some of the conversations went something like this-

Ethel from Lodi-"Afrodisio told me his father was sicky-sicky and desperately needed a hair transplant. Or was it heart? I couldn't understand his handwriting until he got to the part about his needing 100 US Dollars. That was the only sentence in the whole paragraph with no spelling mistakes".

Blanche from Belleville, New Jersey-"Oh My Gawd!!! I was with him last week and he told me the same thing!!!"

Ethel-Let's make arrangements to go on vacation together so we can see the look on his face when we both walk into the hotel at the same time!!!

Blanche-"Bet!!! Let's catch him in the act!!!"

Make of this nonsense what you will.

I was left with the distinct impression that people love this type of stuff. Apparently, life is boring here in the developed countries-boring and lonely.

A day can seem to last an eternity when you have nothing to look forward to, so this is what people resort to. And the male tourists are worse, they just don't start internet support groups to talk about it. They suffer their foolishness in silence.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
..... And the male tourists are worse, they just don't start internet support groups to talk about it. They suffer their foolishness in silence.

The ones who break their silence are lampooned by their "peers". Most never learn from their mistakes anyway, they simply exist to be taken advantage of so why not have a little fun at their expense?

Some people are so lonely that they're inspired to go out and find something worse.

USKK

May 14, 2010
It does suck that this goes on here. It sucks that they get away with it.

Better to take the money you spend talking to him and give it to the Beyond the Beach Foundation, a Canadian charity that assists kids in DR.

Do you really want an acquaintance like him? Do you really want who and what he is to be a part of your life? Do you condone that activity? While you may wish better for him - he doesn't. He sees his activity as an investment in his future - away from this country.

Wow...missed a lot today!
I have an unlimited international plan, so no cost to me, but true on the donating to a GOOD cause.
The answer is no to the above.
I guess I"m entertaining the "entertainer". STUPIDO!!!

USKK

May 14, 2010
The ones who break their silence are lampooned by their "peers". Most never learn from their mistakes anyway, they simply exist to be taken advantage of so why not have a little fun at their expense?

Some people are so lonely that they're inspired to go out and find something worse.

OUCHHHH!!!!:surprised

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Ahhh. I was wondering when someone would turn this coin over. They've got their hooks and we've got ours. Everybody has ways of trying to get what they want. Only the desperate and the greedy reach as far as they can though.

I generally stay at the same place when I'm in Santo Domingo and every once in awhile one of the servers, front desk clerks or bartenders will come up missing after hitting the "gringo lotto" and ends up in Atlanta, Boston, NY, etc. This is what keeps the rest hoping for themselves.

If the slots didn't pay out from time to time nobody would play them.

:rambo: Agreed. The belief of
a. getting Big Time in the Gran Manzana or
b. hacerme rica y me quedaria en mi pais desfrutando la vida buena are enough to push the envelope for almost any woman.
c. And for those that dont buy that there is the "Estoy buscando mujer buena y seriosa con quien a formalizar relacion fiel. Deseo hijos y un hogar." That "fiel" will get them everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.