Caribetour Bus and Bavaro Express

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thank you all, I understand there is no need to worry, just to be on time :)

Do not pack anything of value in your luggage. Things like, Iphone, Ipad, camera and passport should in a bag that you are carrying onto the bus. As I said before bring the smallest suitcase that you can. You will be mainly wearing shorts and t-shirts. Good luck and good travels.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Their website says one should be there at least one hour earlier. Since we will need the bus to catch our flight at the airport in Punta Cana, I guess arriving two hours earlier would be reasonable, right?
Yes, that should be OK, especially Mon-Thurs. As a last resort you can take the Higuey bus from Parque Enriquillo and another guagua from Higuey to Veron and the airport, or even a taxi, especially if there are other airport-bound travellers willing to share the fare!

Of the two bus stations for the Bavaro express in Santo Domingo, does it matter which we chose? (Maybe one of them is less crowded?)
Calle Sánchez Ramírez is the first stop, so you'll have more of a chance of getting on the bus there than at the second stop at Parque Enriquillo.

Emina

Mar 23, 2017
Yes, that should be OK, especially Mon-Thurs. As a last resort you can take the Higuey bus from Parque Enriquillo and another guagua from Higuey to Veron and the airport, or even a taxi, especially if there are other airport-bound travellers willing to share the fare!

Calle Sánchez Ramírez is the first stop, so you'll have more of a chance of getting on the bus there than at the second stop at Parque Enriquillo.

That's super helpful, thanks!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
................Calle Sánchez Ramírez is the first stop, so you'll have more of a chance of getting on the bus there than at the second stop at Parque Enriquillo.

@ Chirimoya, if the OP arrives two hours early can they buy the tickets and go get a coffee or do you arrive and just get in line and pay when boarding? BTW that is a really nice bus they use.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
@ Chirimoya, if the OP arrives two hours early can they buy the tickets and go get a coffee or do you arrive and just get in line and pay when boarding? BTW that is a really nice bus they use.

Once you have a ticket all you have to do is show up about a half hour or so before departure. I routinely buy tickets for people that work for me hours before departure.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

Not sure exactly how long before each departure they start selling the tickets but when I have gone there has been enough time to buy a ticket and cross to the little cafeteria opposite the stop for a snack before the bus arrives. If the cafeteria is no longer there, or for something more substantial, there are several fast food places nearby on Avenida Máximo Gómez.