Child Support Laws in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife's cousin has children with 3 women and he pays for all his children, voluntarily. He even paid for one for years that he didn't find out he wasn't the father until the girl was 17. The girl had always though he was her father also, so they continue as if they are actually father and daughter. Not all Dominican men shirk their responsibilities.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
According to the Labor Code a father is due 2 days paid paternity leave upon birth of child which he is named father. I had one employee who collected three times in one year. Three kids by three women.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Mi Esposa told me:

"Women get a pension, like around 1500 pesos a month/child."
Now i'm in a barrio for your information, and i don't know about other living standards in DR.
And I'm not sure if the RD fathers are obliged to pay...
But I'pretty sure that amount is not the going amount for gringos. Maybe you should think about 300 US a month.
Anyway that's not important if you are the father, you should pay whatever is needed for the child, and is possible for you.

And going off thread...
I really don't get it how people visiting RD succeed in getting themselves in trouble this much.
First time i got here, yeah i paid to much for everything, and went everywhere posters here are saying it's dangerous.
Like Ai's are saying: "Don't get out here"
Indoors you can buy a halve bottle of halve a liter brugal for 30 US and outside a 2 liter bottle for 500 pesos.

I sometimes wonder where all those tigers learned their tale??

Time for everyone to enjoy RD using common sense.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Not hard to enforce at all. Just need to file an Impedimento de Salida indicating the person named is the subject of court proceding. It costs RD$330 to file it. Then up to named party to file to have it lifted. In the interim, every port of exit will prevent your exit until it is lifted. All your home embassy will do is reccommend an attorney as they will not interfere with another country's legal proceedings. According to this attached article, there were 800 foreigners being prevented from leaving. Some of the matters were as minimal as traffic violations. BTW, a DNA test is not invasive, simply a swab of mouth. EL TAPON DE LAS CINCO: 28 MIL PERSONAS CON IMPEDIMENTO DE SALIDA EN EL PAIS
Also see ..:: Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica Dominicana ::.. Transparencia

If it was that EASY I know for a FACT thousands of Dominican will have a piece of paper filed for 300RD pesos you say, and tell the French embassy we cannot let your citizen leave because a Dominican on the streets say he owes 150,000RD and when he pays we will lift order so he can leave.

Every Dominican would be ruuning this scam if it was that simple.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I am not a lawyer, but I do not think a DNA test can be forced onto a tourist because a woman wants child support.

!

If you decline then you are considered guilty, as father trying to avoid responsibility. And so if you refuse to pay support on an arranged order ten they can and will hold you until you either take the test or just pay up. These are the things newbies do not understand when entering into the world of the prostitute and getting involved with gutter scum. It does has and will continue to happen. And yes they can easily with hold you if claims are made against you and you do not play ball.
Juat to clarify, tourists rarely fall into this trap as a week or two is not even enough time for a pro to get her nails into your wallet. Tourists are much more likely to be brought in and taken to court the same day for drug possession or rape.
The ultimate question relates to loner term arrangements, casual or serious, but consider this. If you meet up with a girl twice, then by the end of he second date she will be clling you her husband (and that is not lost in translation), spot this, the do a 9second 100mtr dash, find a women with a reputation for keeping the girls in order and sort it out with her! \\everywhere has mammas they pay rent to and to be looked after, and are good businesswomen, you can speak intelligently with the mammas!

But FFS, do it normally, date a girl, fall in love, take it slow. Screwing whores is for puffs!

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Fact is that Law 2501 (or something close to that number) is the ONE law that can get your butt thrown into the clink. IF the woman has a support decree from a court/judge, which you have agreed to, then you are on the hook and those monthly payments will be made or else!
While it is true there are plenty of deadbeats, a lot of that rests on the fact that in this male-dominated society there is a lot of pressure not to do anything and be satisfied with the scraps that might come your way. The number of killings by former partners is enough to scare anyone.

But for law-abiding citizens there are child support laws and obligations..

HB

Thank god at least someone gets what I've been saying!

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
If it was that EASY I know for a FACT thousands of Dominican will have a piece of paper filed for 300RD pesos you say, and tell the French embassy we cannot let your citizen leave because a Dominican on the streets say he owes 150,000RD and when he pays we will lift order so he can leave.

Every Dominican would be ruuning this scam if it was that simple.
I too thought "this is not possible." Until a few years ago I was ready to proced through immigration at the airport leaving for the US. To my shock the Dominican Immigration officer said I had an impedimento filed and could not leave until it was discharged. The next day I found out it was filed by the Bournigal clinic because my Dominican health insurance had left an unpaid RD$3000 balance on a RD$ 125,000 hospitalization I had 6 months prior. When I inquired at the clinic why they hadn't billed me for this balance, they responded they couldn't find my address and it was easier to collect this way as they knew I would be travelling sooner or later. So I paid them the RD$ 3000 plus the filing fee, got a release, discharged the impedimento, flew to the US, and lived happily ever after, after learning a lesson. Anyone can file an Impedimento de Salida as long as they can file the form. The burden is on you to discharge it. (The clinic had made a copy of my passport when I was admitted as I had no cedula to present for ID).

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Another gentleman, 'been there got the t-shirt'!

I wrote a massive post but then decided it was may off topic so erased it!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I too thought "this is not possible." Until a few years ago I was ready to proced through immigration at the airport leaving for the US. To my shock the Dominican Immigration officer said I had an impedimento filed and could not leave until it was discharged. The next day I found out it was filed by the Bournigal clinic because my Dominican health insurance had left an unpaid RD$3000 balance on a RD$ 125,000 hospitalization I had 6 months prior. When I inquired at the clinic why they hadn't billed me for this balance, they responded they couldn't find my address and it was easier to collect this way as they knew I would be travelling sooner or later. So I paid them the RD$ 3000 plus the filing fee, got a release, discharged the impedimento, flew to the US, and lived happily ever after, after learning a lesson. Anyone can file an Impedimento de Salida as long as they can file the form. The burden is on you to discharge it. (The clinic had made a copy of my passport when I was admitted as I had no cedula to present for ID).

Now this makes sense you owed a hospital bill, and they had your passport number. Now explain how a woman who have only your name, and not a copy of your passport keep you from leaving because you had sex with her.

I know this is immoral, but if a TOURIST not someone with a Dominican cedula tells the court this is not my child, and I never slept with her, the Dominican Republic can't force a tourist for DNA test.

I have a daughter in SD and I work for Nestle USA in Illinios even if my wife has a order for me to pay child support to you think my company when honor a ruling from the Dominican courts or do you think Chase bank will freeze my account because a Dominican court said I owe child support.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Now this makes sense you owed a hospital bill, and they had your passport number. Now explain how a woman who have only your name, and not a copy of your passport keep you from leaving because you had sex with her.

I know this is immoral, but if a TOURIST not someone with a Dominican cedula tells the court this is not my child, and I never slept with her, the Dominican Republic can't force a tourist for DNA test.

I have a daughter in SD and I work for Nestle USA in Illinios even if my wife has a order for me to pay child support to you think my company when honor a ruling from the Dominican courts or do you think Chase bank will freeze my account because a Dominican court said I owe child support.

1) HOW? The women will arrive at your hotel or bar with 2 policia national on a motorbike and take you away. This is a fact, don't dispute it as it has and does happen, and lets just say some years ago I got a shock while drinking quietly at a bar minding my own one day.
2)I thought you said you didn't have a child?
3) For what it is worth to your company of for sure they will be sure those payments are deducted if you refuse, that is the right thing to do, and I'm unsure about the US, but the UK it is absolutely normal procedure for a mans CS to be deducted before he gets a chance to even open his wage slip.
4)Anyway besides the point, as you wouldn't get the chance to leave the prison/jail/country until a full court proceedings has taken place, this can take anything from arriving at the offices, and a decision being made on what the woman says in 10 mins or if she has money and wanst your, months, but they can't hold you for more than 3 months on this charge, after that a retrial would be needed and in the end if the chid is yours, you will not only have the backdated monies to be paid, but court expenses including the duty lawyer they wiill provide for you.
5) If you can come to an agreement with the woman there and then and tell her 'hey, lets go to the cashpoint I'll give you 50,000RD to see you through, then all will be dropped and there will be no court costs other than a few hundred pesos.

Stop pretending to yourself that normal and logical and humanity is taken into account in DR, it is in place in writing, but all the courts seem dyslexic and lazy.

All levels are the same, people do what they want and suffer the aftermath.
If you ever notice women with oild dashed faces, much of this is as involving the poilce on your own people is seen as as low as it can get. Dum women don't expect anything from Dum men, so why chnce having your looks spoiled for the sakes of RD2,000 per month.

Again, if you are only around for a week or two then you won't find this an issue. If you extend (and that is usually down to a woman then you can end up with a hand your your ass working you like a puppet!

Mix with your own, forget integrating unless you are making it passing integrtion as in 'hi, how are you.' I don't trust no one outside my family, at all!

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
A couple of weeks ago, there was a Dominican senator that made local news, and he was order to pay 300 or 400 u.s. for support, deep pockets??? Also... dont forget when you check in a hotel they take your passport number,I am sure a small bribe at the desk will get them that info, what giveadog and belmont have said is TRUE. Like the old t.v. street blues program used to say..." lets be careful out there"

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
= If you are a gringo here with no bank account and no income here how could they even try to make you pay for support or for the paternity test?

If you are an expt in th DR and can not pay for your own child then why not use the money you use screwing whores and give it to the mother of the child so she does not have to sell herself off a worthless promise from some deadbeat gringo ptomising the world to her just to get hi early morning chups! And if you rally don;t have 15,000RD, then go home, you are poorer than the street tramps if this is the case and they are unable to leave, you have choices. Mn can not live on sun and sand alone, don't end up the next statistic!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
So let me get this straight, the DR authorities have the right to take a CITIZEN from USA, Japan, Spain, or Ireland in DR on a TOURIST visa off the streets tie them down in a chair compell them to take a very invasive procedure like a DNA test, and if they refuse lock them up for 3 months?

A paternity test is not t all invasive, you are thinking of castration.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Example: Say a woman in NYC had sex with a guy from Brazil and they had a baby. He return to visit her and the baby and he said " I am not pay for nothing your on your own with that. Do you think even if her father was Mayor Bloomberg the police can go to the airport and stop a citizen from Brazil from leaving the country on a CHILD SUPPORT issue.
Who you know is everything, Like I have said before, planting charlie during a roadside stop is a norm if you are ****ing the wrong person off, So yes, you can and would be detained for some time!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011

Correct, in some cases, but refusal always means guilty and that is the judgement that will be passed, and while you think over how much she is going to get, you wil be locked up until she gets her up to date paymets and the court and layer costs are paid in full.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Correct, in some cases, but refusal always means guilty and that is the judgement that will be passed, and while you think over how much she is going to get, you wil be locked up until she gets her up to date paymets and the court and layer costs are paid in full.

I do not have just one child I have two girls. One with my wife in Santo Domingo, and I have another girl with a Mexicana here in the states.

I have been traveling to DR for years and know very well how BACK DOOR the DR is that is why everything I own in DR is in my wife's name apartment, car, and her bank account.

One thing I learned about being in DR is always leave yourself away out. When I moved to DR 2yrs ago my wife thought I gave up my apartment car and life in Chicago, but I didn't because I always knew I would return.

I do not pay child support to my wife in SD because I do not trust her anymore, and when I do not trust a person they become a non issue. The apartment my wife lives in belongs to my daughter. The money I send belongs to my daughter period. My soon to be 4yr old daughter does not have a problem with her mom living with her, or sharing her food or TV, so I do not have a problem.

When the time comes I will pay for BMS on San Isidro directly. I do not need a WOMAN or some LOW BUDGET Judge Judy telling how much money I need to pay for my own child. I repeat I do not pay child support the money I make belongs to my daughters NOT my wife.

Wifes and girlfriends are like desserts they are NICE to have, but NOT NECCESSARY!!!!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
So let me get this straight,youpay the children directly (how, your child os too young to claim transfers) ,and the mother gets nothing for taking on your responsibilities? If you do not pay your wife CS for bringing up your child/children because of lack of trust, then think before you make litlel humans with them.
A guy who does not pay the mother of his kids and support is a low life scum bag who has absolutely no idea of ho much work goes into bringing up a child 24/7/365, and no, the odd meal and 50pesos panties shopping spree if and when you ever feel the need to fulfill your duties should you return is nothing,it is an embarrassment that you can call yourself man. You sound like you just don't care and you really do give a certain nation a reputation that old skoolguys don't deserve.
If you don't trust some one they beome a none issue? lol, who the Fk do you think you are, she is bringing up your child you imbicile. You seem to forget finding work in DR is hard enough, finding work when you have an infant is next to impossible.

You might now need a LOW BUDGET judge judy (I can see what you do with your days watching daytime TV), but I can assure you the courts in POP and the guys you are made to approach to state your case are anythig but LOW LIFE judge judys. If they had you up infront of them, you would empty your wallet as soon as they blinked at you.

You guys make me sick, and should be quarantined with the other dogs before allowed abroad!

And I predict everything is in your wifes name as you own nothing and sit on your ass watching Judge Judy on daytime allday.
I really wish your type would stay away, an leave those in an already struggling life struggle less by not having you around to use and abuse at will. Lets just hope you bump into her new man/brothers or PN family friend on your next visit.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
He's an idiot. One paragraph he says he doesn't trust his wife. Another he says:
JMB773 said:
I have been traveling to DR for years and know very well how BACK DOOR the DR is that is why everything I own in DR is in my wife's name apartment, car, and her bank account ]
We'll see who laughs last.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It seems that a judge in a DR court can impose child support on a gringo/a as long as the child lives in the DR and has a Dominican mother or father. What I don?t understand is that there are 100's of 1000's of single Dominican mothers. I have heard it is common for Dominican males to get a woman pregnant and leave without payment or responsibility. Many women have children from multiple fathers, and many many men have children with multiple women. I have never heard or seen of any of these men paying any kind of child support.

That is because your understanding of the country and its people is limited to that of a gerbil on magic mushrooms.
Family is what holds everything together in the DR. The bigger that family, the better and more respected you are.
I used to occasionally hang out at a family barbers shop and rarely would I hear a story of any man swerving his obligations, modern young working men are absolutely devoted fathers. More so than the likes of a lot of gringos I read about on here, and on a pittance of a salary in comparison, you obviously compare yourself to lower minded boys than healthy thinking respectful fathers.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
So let me get this straight,youpay the children directly (how, your child os too young to claim transfers) ,and the mother gets nothing for taking on your responsibilities? If you do not pay your wife CS for bringing up your child/children because of lack of trust, then think before you make litlel humans with them.
A guy who does not pay the mother of his kids and support is a low life scum bag who has absolutely no idea of ho much work goes into bringing up a child 24/7/365, and no, the odd meal and 50pesos panties shopping spree if and when you ever feel the need to fulfill your duties should you return is nothing,it is an embarrassment that you can call yourself man. You sound like you just don't care and you really do give a certain nation a reputation that old skoolguys don't deserve.
If you don't trust some one they beome a none issue? lol, who the Fk do you think you are, she is bringing up your child you imbicile. You seem to forget finding work in DR is hard enough, finding work when you have an infant is next to impossible.

You might now need a LOW BUDGET judge judy (I can see what you do with your days watching daytime TV), but I can assure you the courts in POP and the guys you are made to approach to state your case are anythig but LOW LIFE judge judys. If they had you up infront of them, you would empty your wallet as soon as they blinked at you.

You guys make me sick, and should be quarantined with the other dogs before allowed abroad!

And I predict everything is in your wifes name as you own nothing and sit on your ass watching Judge Judy on daytime allday.
I really wish your type would stay away, an leave those in an already struggling life struggle less by not having you around to use and abuse at will. Lets just hope you bump into her new man/brothers or PN family friend on your next visit.

Lets get something straight do you have any idea HOW MUCH money I have sent or spend in the DR in just the past 5 yrs, since I met my wife? Once my marriage went south I could have very well spent that money on my daughter here and her mother, but just because my daughter in Santo Domingo has a mother that enjoys lying I know how to seperate the two. I know plenty of men who do not pay a dime because they do not like the mother anymore.

I send the money to wife, but she knows the money is not for her. I have a mother, two sisters, the mother of my little girl here, and two daughters that NEVER lied to me, so why in the HELL would I take care of a woman I married that feel the need to lie. If you are that head over heels for Dominican women I am not going to knock your hustle "DO YOU" Like I said many times before I am not really attracted to Dominican women I prefer Mexican women if I had to choose.

If my wife is not working, how to you think she owns a car and live in her apartment, who do you think paid for this stuff. Once I gave my wife like around 100,000RD to buy new furniture, and she spent only 60,000RD and kept the rest and did not tell. Other times I would give her my debit card, because she needs 10,000RD for things, and when I would look at my account 15,000RD would be withdrawed and she would never tell me about the other 5000RD. She proably thought WOW I found a sucker here, but the only thing she was doing was digging herself in a MORAL HOLE that she will never be able to come out at least with me. Let me make this very clear," I DO NOT deal with bulls**T from WOMEN" I never have never will.

There are SIX females on this planet that I care a great deal what they think of me, my mother, my two sisters, my two daughters, and my Mexican daughter mother THATS IT!!!

Lastly the comment about her new man or brothers. There is not a MAN on this planet I am of afraid of. Do you think because a MAN has the Dominican Republic on his certificado de nacimiento he puts FEAR in my heart. Look at the end of the day you are a "GRINGO/WEDO or a GRINGA/WEDA" I would not expect you to understand. Now where is my remote Judge Judy is coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.