Clinics, pregnancy, testing and true results.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
It really all depends on how far this chica is willing to take the situation if she really IS pregnant.

The majority of the time the chica is probably not.

Some of these chicas use this as a tool to keep the guy coming back or to get him scared enough to send money. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

As for his options-

1)There is nothing your friend can do from far away. He would go to the DR and take her to a clinic himself to see if she really is pregnant.

2) As for the DNA test, I believe that would have to wait until the child is born. I have no idea about such a procedure for an unborn child and whether or not is is available in the DR. The DNA test after birth is something he can do himself-they have DNA kits that you can purchase and then send it to a clinic in the United States. Take a swab of the inside of the child's cheek, put the swab in the little plastic bag supplied in the kit and off it goes to the lab.

3) He can hide and never go there again and pretend this situation never existed. Not recommended. Not to moralize but I think I speak for the majority here that it would be sad if the kid had to grow up in poverty because your friend decided to run off. The poor child should not have to suffer-it's not his/her fault this happened.

As for her options-

1) The chica could very well do something like get an "Impedimiento De Salida" where you friend will not be able to leave the country and he will be responsible for the hospital bills incurred from the delivery. In this case the child is assumed to be his until the DNA test can be done.

2) Since he is a foreigner he can expect to pay as much as they say for the delivery-the sliding scale goes UP for gringos in the DR for almost everything if you haven't noticed. I'm sure you have.

3) It is useless to try to talk a stubborn, poor chica from the campo or barrio into giving up her possible meal ticket to the States. That will NEVER happen in a million years. Your friend has no choice in this matter.

4) If it does prove to be your friend's child and he leaves her anyway, the worst case scenario for her would be that she has a child who can grow up and go to the States as a citizen. This will be used by someone in her family to their advantage, but it would depend on what your friend does and if she can prove the child is actually his.

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
DEFENDING ME?????
Excuse me, why on earth would I need defending by anyone, I am debating a point of view and asking some of the more experienced people for opinions and possibilities.
I feel no need for and defence of any kind.

I'm more than glad to see we are both in agreement.:cheeky:

Reactions: mike l

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If you have an Inpedimiento de Salida against you - easy!
Just go to Dajabon on a Monday and Friday between 9am and 4pm (ish) and walk across the border.

Is it your (friend's) baby?
Did they use a condom? Did it split?
For sure, your friend knows if there is at least the possibility that it could be his.
If it could be his, he has to have a heart of stone not to want to find out.

I have done the crossing around 50 times and I was never asked for my passport at the border - apart from the time I was smuggling my girlfriend over the border - but that was a different story.
It turns out that if you can carry something on your head or in a wheel barrow, you can take it through without scrutiny. My girlfriend would not travel in a wheel barrow so we/she got busted.
20bucks - problem solved.

Also, for best results;
Make sure you wear a Hawaiian shirt and have a camera slung around your neck. Wearing shorts and leather shoes with dress socks, and having very pale legs is also a good idea. Better still, go dressed as a god botherer. nobody messes with the lord's work in that part of the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: wishingiwasthere

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
i wonder what it feels like to be sitting back home in the US/UK/Canada and thinking i may have a kid in the DR dressed in rags with no food but that's OK because it's the mother's fault.................

Why always jump to the conclusion tha the kid wil be dressed in rags with no food.... ?? or is it that you think all kids in the D.R. are dressed in rags with no food ??

I wonder what if feels like to be sitting in the US..... and thinking I (meaning men cause I'm a woman) could have been used for $$$$$$$

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Um hi..hello?

we slept together 7 month before the child was born (do the maths), never saw her for some months then bumped into her on the street and decided to ask me for money for my son, lol. Not the most intelligent species on the planet, imo.

Apparantly neither are you...
Babies are born at 7 months ALL the time..it's called premature birth, very common around the world.

So you may want to call up this girl and get a paternity test done, cuz it might ding you with a hefty bill if you wait a few years down the road. She could just be saving for a lawyer to take you to court..why have that linger over your head?

Now the sad part....I don't know why they do it, but they do...some girls lie about pregnancy... they like to fool their men into thinking they are or might be pregnant! I don't know if it's to keep them around or to get rid of them? but they do!

Obviously you are grown man, and know the difference between rignt and wrong, you have to live with the coices you make..Real men know what they need to do and do not hesitate.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
They lie for money. I knew a girl in Sosua who was with an Italian and when he left she called him and told him she was pregnant, he sent her money for "abortion" and she bought a new pasola.