Confirmation of facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
"Did it ever occur to you that just maybe his family and possibly some of these friends knew it was bogus from the get go?"
SKY

Is that an accusation? Or is it just more silly rhetoric thrown in to keep the pot boiling?

If you have a serious accusation to make, based on some real evidence, then make it. Otherwise keep your ridiculous speculations to yourself. You have been consistently one of the worst offenders in this manufactured "tong war".

Did it ever occur to you to get a life?

If you read the last part of my post I stated that if it was a set-up then that is something he will have to live with. Why is that you grasp onto whatever crumb you can find in a post and then attack the poster in order to bring it to your level of negativity?

just maybe

All posts are false we really dont know what happened, but from piecing together a jigsaw, we all know what probablly happened.

Cant you see, nobody is right is apart from Darcy, hes the one telling/making the story.

Im not picking sides, im just fed up. Theres too many jigsaws.

P.s:

Whatever happened to the donations is there any left?

And on a more light note, whos putting away the dogs now hes in canada? HAH

Blackrainbow

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Let me answer those questions which have been directed at me, which I can. These occur in a number of different threads but I am not going to go looking for every single one.

Yes I interviewed D'Arcy before he left, which forms the basis for the piece on my website. The convention is to write in the third person (he/she) not the first person (I) which is why it might not have been clear to those who are not aware of this convention that it was me asking the questions. D'Arcy told me he was taken at gunpoint & I believe him. I'm a fairly sceptical old bird and am not easily duped, but of course anything is possible. If I find I have been I would of course say so.

Did I write D'Arcy's statement on DR1? Absolutely not. First I saw was when it was posted here.

Do I believe there is more D'Arcy needs to say to fill in the gaps? Yes I do. He does know more about the time from when he was dumped somewhere outside Santiago and how & why he got to Boca Chica and why he hid out & I believe it should be shared. But it should be shared by D'Arcy, not me.

To the person who asked why I didn't 'grill' him for the piece on my website: it was an interview not an inquisition. I asked the questions I wanted answered. The 'whole story' would not have been appropriate for that piece. Particularly since I would imagine it still has a lot of gaps.

So as to whether I believe he was abducted at gunpoint, yes I do.

As to the police investigation, could I suggest people move away from linear, black and white thinking to something more appropriate for the DR? It is certainly possible that the Coronela's office is saying something different from the police on the ground, so it is possible that both of those versions are correct. We know the Coronela's office told D'Arcy (& I believe also Todd?) that the case was open. Whether this has been communicated lower down the ranks, I don't know. How much they have in the way of resources to put to it in practice, I don't know. Remember two expats have been murdered this past week, the Norwegian gentleman in Costambar and the French Canadian in La Maranatha, Sosua. The other possibility which always exists is that police can say different things to different people, depending on who is asking the question & how it is asked. Given all those variables, I would suggest that 'proving' things is really quite difficult. I would remind people that the murder of Lloyd Robbins back in October 2006 is still an open case as are at least 40 other cases over the last four years (not all involving expats). So 'open' and 'throwing lots of resources at it' could mean different things.

To the person who asked why I didn't ask D'Arcy which parts of the investigation he couldn't speak about...think about it a bit, I'm sure you'll work it out in the end.

I have not posted much on this subject on DR1 because I do not wish to inflame an already overheated situation. I have not said anything about Curt & Sandi other than to let everyone know that someone was hoaxing their email address and writing to me from what turned out to be a proxy server. I have said I don't believe DR1 should be used as a court of law, and I stand by that opinion although I know many disagree.

I am mildly bemused by the notion of 'entitlement' to proof as if we were all in the role of judge and jury. In my view, I have no right to judge and I would not be so rash as to do so, nor to share any judgements publicly. My private thoughts will remain private. It is exactly ONE week today since D'Arcy was found. In that time group opinion on this board has swung from relief and joy to roughly what catcher said above. It will probably do likewise in another direction in the coming week. Just as I don't judge others I would expect the same courtesy extended to me, but if people don't do so, it does not really matter. I therefore will not be responding to posts designed to 'wind me up' no matter how many times they are made. And I can tell the difference between genuine information seekers and barrack room lawyers ;).

Thank you Anna for your concern that some of us might get 'scarred'. I can see some could be, although I don't believe I personally am likely to suffer and yes if you were in a jam, Anna, I would help if I could.

And to the anonymous senders of hate mail coming into my website: thank you, makes a change from the male extension aids ads, far more amusing. :)

Thanks Lambada. I just have a couple of quick questions:

1. Are all the details posted on your site "confirmed" and "verified" (using BushBaby's terminology)?

2. Regarding this quote:

' I am disappointed and offended that they have accused me without proof. My friend Marc from Rocky's let it be known that he was available to provide information by email and telephone about the confession made to the police around December 20th by a detainee, who told the police details of my abduction and even named the perpetrators. From what I have been told, only two people took him up on his offer.'

2A. Did Darcy say who this offer was made to (the police, people on DR1, people on ISOC, other?), and where was it made? Did it sound like the offer was still open, and if someone asked now do you think the information would still be provided?

2B. Are you reporting what Darcy said to you as a reporter (thus the quote marks), or summarizing for him? I just find it weird that Darcy would say "My friend Marc from Rocky's..." to you since both of you obviously are well aware of who everyone is.

I guess I am trying to figure out if this a "news" story (with a subject\journalist relationship), or just a blog entry?

Thanks!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm always amazed how posters are so busy jumping over each other to be the next witty guy that they miss so much or maybe they can't retain what they've read. ;)

In the welcome home thread, post 45 Rocky posted this

If I may, Anna, perhaps the solution for keeping this thread on track is to offer my PM or email to those who need info and I will deal with it as best as I can, or redirect the questions to those who would be able to respond.
They could use my Hotmail account for better expediency.
I'm already invaded with spam in that account, so no problem in posting it here.
rockysbluesbar@@hotmail.com

PS: Anna, if this seems like a bad idea to you, please feel free to delete my post.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
On a positive note, I'm guessing that 90% of these posts will die off tomorrow as people go back to work and potentially do something constructive.

:) mob

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Posters are welcome to make statements and post opinions, but enough with the sniping at each other.

Since I was ignored the first time, I will reiterate-

Going forward, any sniping or quotes making reference to any sniping will be deleted.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I'm always amazed how posters are so busy jumping over each other to be the next witty guy that they miss so much or maybe they can't retain what they've read. ;)

In the welcome home thread, post 45 Rocky posted this

So this...

Originally Posted by Rocky
If I may, Anna, perhaps the solution for keeping this thread on track is to offer my PM or email to those who need info and I will deal with it as best as I can, or redirect the questions to those who would be able to respond.
They could use my Hotmail account for better expediency.
I'm already invaded with spam in that account, so no problem in posting it here.
rockysbluesbar@@hotmail.com
PS: Anna, if this seems like a bad idea to you, please feel free to delete my post.

...is this?

My friend Marc from Rocky's let it be known that he was available to provide information by email and telephone about the confession made to the police around December 20th by a detainee, who told the police details of my abduction and even named the perpetrators

Yeah, I guess I did miss that. My bad. And I can assure you I have never been acused of being witty before :). I was just asking some questions of people that have shown in the past to be more than willing and able to take on tough questions.

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Doesn't it feel good to everyone to bring yourselves "up" by tearing other people down publicly?:disappoin

On every visit to DR my instinct always tells me to reveal very little about myself to expats who live there because we really don't know each other. Could it be that after one late night stroll along Pedro Clisante, or after one drink too many on the beach, where fellow expats are around to observe you, that the rumor mill could destroy your character?

And, especially when it comes to running a business, can't you see how rumors destroy people and the future of the business?

Do you all really feel good about that? Are you any better than them? I know I'm not.

Please put this shameful side of your characters away. The principals in this incident have been virtually destroyed. Is it your intent to drive these people completely into the ground like a spent cigarette?

If you donated time or money you did it of good intentions. How did donating cause lasting harm to you, and why the intent to cause lasting harm to those you sincerely wanted to help? You have taken the goodwill of the expat community and turned it into an epic smear campaign.

Why don't you all keep your thoughts to yourselves, and stuff them into the skinny rumor stovepipe that exists outside of this forum. There are plenty of clothes lines in DR for you to chat over while you are hanging out your bloomers.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
P.s:
Whatever happened to the donations is there any left?

Blackrainbow

As there have been a few questions on this subject let me update you.

I spoke with the sister of Todd & D'Arcy who was coordinating the PayPal & Canadian Bank donations on Friday.
US $539 was received in donations up until D'Arcy was found. The day after she received requests for refunds of US $220. I understand all requests for refunds have been met or are in the process of being met.

Due to the malice being thrown around on this & other D'Arcy threads & the desire to include any & everybody that has GOOD intentions, my responses from here on in will be .............. limited & very rare!

Good job Robert - MELTDOWN HAS BEGUN ~ Grahame

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Did it ever occur to you that just maybe his family and possibly some of these friends knew it was bogus from the get go?

Since when assumptions are regarded as facts?? That's really unhealthy and dangerous. Just saying...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Gregg, I think the reference was to the misspelling of the name "Wright." That doesn't actually surprise me since I have experienced the way my name gets butchered when someone whose first language is Spanish tries to spell it.

Spanish orthography doesn't allow for the peculiarities of names that contain silent letters or that are not pronounced as they are written. Also, and I am certain that Hillbilly and others will agree, there is a lamentable tendency in Dominican Spanish towards misspellings in general.

Just think about how "cerveza" becomes "cervesa" or "vaca" becomes "baca."

Hahaha! you should have seen they desk clerk spelled my name when I was making my hotel reservation over the phone. She spelled it phonetically as she saw fit. And when I got here she had all types of letters in it that didnt belong. Imagine I were a ne'er-do-well? She didnt ask for my passport to confirm only the pesos. Ha! I could go on a rampage leave and no one would know who I was because of a misspelled name on a hotel register.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm going to close this D'Arcy related thread for now.

I'm waiting on some official information, but being as it's a holiday tomorrow (Monday) in the DR it might get delayed. So expect an update either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Let's not start any new threads, unless someone has anything earth shattering to add :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.