construction cost?

rdost

Feb 13, 2004
Johnnycake said:
It wouldn't make me feel better to pay more. It's just that everything I've read says construction is $55-$85 per square foot. I was just trying to get a reason for such a vast difference in price guesstimates.

I've seen these estimates too on the gated community websites. These are "gringo" prices and are obviously marked up. Hillbilly is correct with about
$300-$450 per square Metre ($28/sq foot to $42/sq foot) but it all depends on the quality of the components.

I'm building myself and am just starting to get a feel for what these things will end up costing. I want to build a quality home for myself (and investment) and am not sure what the tradeoff is going to be by going expensive in some places and cheaper in others)

Get a good engineer you trust and go with his judgement

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Quite a old email trail but still see the same kind of cost on gated community web-sites or real estates web-sites
for new construction.

Can we still get the $300-$450 per square Meters ($28/sq foot to $42/sq foot) as listed above based on finish nowadays ?

Thank you

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hello,

Can somebody of you send me a link to some photos of the houses you are talking about here. (house in the pricerange of $300 p sqm.
I would like to know how basic the bath rooms and kitchen, landcape, pool etc are.

Hi
i have a lot of conversations with people in the DR about current house construction prices;
The latest price i've found for the cheapest house to build was $350us a metre + itbis
No roof tile, flat roof
cheap assed kitchen
uncomplicated design
ordinary

I received this above information from a company that constructs homes in the DR.

The sense i get is that if you want an attractive house with reasonable quality fixtures....as opposed to luxury, be prepared to spend $550-$800 a metre plus the government itbis ...and closer to $800 to be honest.

A maestro will put 10% approx on top of every metre built

However what you can do and what i will do next time is;
Buy the home products myself, and hire a builder to do the rest. Because a builder will buy the poducts and then put 30-40% on top... you buy all this yourself.
NOW you must then watch closely to see if what you paid for arrives..... I strongly suggest you not buy 100+ things at one time...trust me, some things will go missing.
if you are constructing.... who will guard your building products sitting on your property at night. You must have someone trusted watching it