Cracking Down On Prostitution In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Gorgon: You're absolutely right. I know a guy who went down there and hooked up with a girl. Gave her a 100 USD bill - Don't ask me why - next day we're sitting at a bar having a couple of beers and a bar maid comes over and tells us the girl (sitting at another table with other girls) wanted see if my friend could give her some money to buy a beer. I'm like WTF...didn't you just give her 100 USD less than 24 hours ago? She should be buying YOU a beer. Needless to say my Pendejo friend bought her a few...

Now I do know a few "Ho's" who have made quite a bit of money, but usually it's through meeting some guy who ends up taking care of them or even marrying them. One who grew up in a house behind where I grew up went to Puerto Plata and got into the business, met some older guy from Switzerland and now lives like a princess with an expensive house in Europe, Expensive apartment in Santo domingo, Lexus Jeepeta for her and other cars for mother and sisters, etc...but these of course are the exception.

i bet you that if she breaks up with the guy, who actually made the money in the first place, she will be back in the barrio in a year.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
i bet you that if she breaks up with the guy, who actually made the money in the first place, she will be back in the barrio in a year.

Actually I know of another one who was in a somewhat similar position. The only difference was the guy she lived with was a Mexican guy who apparently was in the "other" business. Long story short she was living the high life for a while, guy dumped her and now she's back in the barrio living day to day.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Actually I know of another one who was in a somewhat similar position. The only difference was the guy she lived with was a Mexican guy who apparently was in the "other" business. Long story short she was living the high life for a while, guy dumped her and now she's back in the barrio living day to day.

suarez, if all the girls who were given a break by gringos made good use of it, many more would be doing well. their problem is that they think that they are too cool for school. i know this Canadian guy who moved this girl in, and she was living the high life. the dude is loaded, and she had all she could ever need, by way of an opportunity. the guy went back to Canada for his annual physical, since he gets it for free. before the plane was at cruising altitude, her chopo scooter boy was in the guy's house, carousing around, and driving the guy's brand new Suzuki Grand Vitara. well, some neighbor ratted her out, and she is now back in the barrio eating salami rings and fried cheese

ah, well. nobody said chicas were smart. they only think they are.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Hookers are everywhere all over the planet trying to rid or slow down prostitution is like trying to slow down the reproduction of birds on the planet.

The ONLY thing that can be done is move, vacation, and spend time where there are NO hookers and their are plenty of places in the world where they aren't any hookers.

It is very easy to avoid hookers in everyday life and it is easy to have hookers part of everyday life as well.

Also the problem that I see why so many Dominican women have a "sugar daddy" one minute and empty purse the next is the fact that they LIE so much. Dominican people have to understand if you are ever caught in a lie of your own doing GAME OVER!!! If you are in the business of being a "player" no matter if you are male or female you have to have some sort of integrity otherwise you are just another Dominican lying to get some money and as we know there are thousands of Dominicans that will say anything to get money out of a gringo.

When a Dominican male needs money he needs it for his kids to eat

When a Dominican female needs money she needs it for school

A male will only dish out money if he feel that the money will have some sort of a good return, but once he catches you in a lie he starts to think what else she lied about, and he works the same way when a gringa is in love with a Dominicano.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hookers are everywhere all over the planet trying to rid or slow down prostitution is like trying to slow down the reproduction of birds on the planet.

The ONLY thing that can be done is move, vacation, and spend time where there are NO hookers and their are plenty of places in the world where they aren't any hookers.

It is very easy to avoid hookers in everyday life and it is easy to have hookers part of everyday life as well.

Also the problem that I see why so many Dominican women have a "sugar daddy" one minute and empty purse the next is the fact that they LIE so much. Dominican people have to understand if you are ever caught in a lie of your own doing GAME OVER!!! If you are in the business of being a "player" no matter if you are male or female you have to have some sort of integrity otherwise you are just another Dominican lying to get some money and as we know there are thousands of Dominicans that will say anything to get money out of a gringo.

When a Dominican male needs money he needs it for his kids to eat

When a Dominican female needs money she needs it for school

A male will only dish out money if he feel that the money will have some sort of a good return, but once he catches you in a lie he starts to think what else she lied about, and he works the same way when a gringa is in love with a Dominicano.

JMB, i am done commenting on lying here. it seems to be so easy for folks to do. people just look you squarely in the eyes and lie to you, about anything, for any reason. a few days ago, i was having a drink with a comely lass, and her phone rang. she apparently has the volume turned up to maximum, because i could hear some irate guy screamingon the other end, demanding to know where she was. she told him that she was at the hospital with her friend, and that she would call back later. then, she turned to me and said

"mi hija".

i told her that i could hear the guy yelling, but she swore on a stack of bibles that it was her daughter. we have not spoken since.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Another thread gone to sh!t. I was looking forward to what is and will be done but got the same old non sense. Same people spewing off topic whore stories. This board is turning into Zoklet.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Another thread gone to sh!t. I was looking forward to what is and will be done but got the same old non sense. Same people spewing off topic whore stories. This board is turning into Zoklet.

how can it be off topic if it is a thread about whores, and the stories are about whores?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Sorry Jumbo I am, but when you find out this answer can you inform the police depts in NYC, Miami, L A, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago Washington DC etc your findings because prostitution is ILLEGAL in these places and I am sure the D.A. offices in these cities will love to know how Sosua Dominican Republic curbed prostitution.

" Cracking down Prostitution in Sosua"

" Cracking down Gambling in Las Vegas Nevada"

How silly does both of these look??? Boca Chica and Sosua are "hot spots" for prostitution in the Caribbean. A man does not book a room at Howard Johnson Hotel in Ponce Puerto Rico if he is looking for an abundance supply of hookers.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A short time ago Ken "reported" that some of the local groups were cracking down on the late night music volume on Pedro Clisante. Now its cracking down on the working girls? I suspect not much has or will change on either of the crackdowns. How about an update on the late night music crackdown Ken?
For myself I think the girls bring a nice flavor to our little town. They never ever bothered me and some of them are a nice addition to the scenery - and talk about being friendly!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Although I do agree that there needs to be more control over the prostitutes simply eradicating them would be financial suicide for Sosua. Not only do they attract a huge amount of tourists that spends tens of thousands of dollars a week in this town one also forgets that a large majority of these girls come are from other areas of the country. So they move here, rent a room or apartment, shop in the local colmados and supermarkets, eat in the small local restaurants thus helping to support the local economy. Without them Sosua would be nothing, this has been talked about for years now, even as high up as the Lionel administration creating a designated red zone. I would love to see the girls moved to another area of town but I certainly would not like to see them removed. There would be many children going very hungry if they were not permitted to continue. Most of them don't get child support from the fathers and so they have to fend for themselves...Lets start with getting rid of the chulos and the drug dealers.

SosuaSam

Jan 4, 2010
i have no problem with Sosua as it is.
If you're a couple and want some fun, dinner, drinks in fun atmosphere you go to hang out in Cabarete to the bars and restaurants on the beach.
If your an alcoholic, or a tired wrinkled old man, or young black gentleman from US then you hang out in Sosua where your entertainment needs are met.
Don't try to make Sosua into Cabarete and don't allow Cabarete to become Sosua and I think each place will have its own merits and its own type of visitors.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
i have no problem with Sosua as it is.
If you're a couple and want some fun, dinner, drinks in fun atmosphere you go to hang out in Cabarete to the bars and restaurants on the beach.
If your an alcoholic, or a tired wrinkled old man, or young black gentleman from US then you hang out in Sosua where your entertainment needs are met.
Don't try to make Sosua into Cabarete and don't allow Cabarete to become Sosua and I think each place will have its own merits and its own type of visitors.

Totally agree. And Puerto Plata for the shoppers and some other good restaurant choices. Nice that Sosua is in the middle of Puerto Plata and Cabarete. The prostitutes really aren't the only thing in Sosua, though it is the only thing some people choose to see.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Restaurants in Puerto Plata? Where? I go to Sosua for restaurants form POP.

Funny, I didn't think we had anything good. Guess it gets boring after a while. In POP La Parillada (though we have one in Sosua), La Tarrapa, Mares, Roadways, Taste, some place next to the Mercado Tropical that I can't remember the name of, several of the ones back in the barrios, a few others I can't remember the name of right now. POP is bigger and has more choices.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Why do you see a need to control them? Please? I have asked a variation of this questions several times of those who "All agree that something has to be done" But why? I realize that there are conservatives here who think everyone should be controlled, but why? Is my short question. Why do thye need controlling?

Derfish,

Why do you make it a conservative/liberal discussion. That has nothing to do with the subject. It seems you only reply simply to post something. This subject is an ongoing quality of life issue in Sosua, good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.