Create State Fair?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Wait a minute, Guatemala has 2 amusement parks and the DR has none. Is this a joke? Lol

Mundo Petapa

There are actually four:
The park is currently owned and operated by IRTRA, which also owns Xejuyup and Xetulul. Mundo Petapa also holds the most amount of roller coasters in Guatemala with four, all of which are manufactured by Zamperla.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
I have the occasional fantasy of winning one of those multi-hundred hundred million $ lotteries. But none of them include fair grounds or flea markets

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There are actually four:
The park is currently owned and operated by IRTRA, which also owns Xejuyup and Xetulul. Mundo Petapa also holds the most amount of roller coasters in Guatemala with four, all of which are manufactured by Zamperla.

Unbelivable. It seems IRTRA is Gautemalan government owned. The DR government might be able to do the same, maybe send a delegation to Guatemala to see how IRTRA functions and the parks they owned. Maybe reach an agreement with the Guatemalans to cooperate with the crearion of the Dominican version. It could be something like the Metro of SD in the sense that the first line was built and designed with help from the Metro of Madrid. That’s why it’s similar to that one. Plenty of errors can be avoid if it’s made with the help of people that already been there and done that.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It my not seem like a priority to create these things if we go by the notion that the country isn’t developed yet. But what if something happens and the “developed era” never arrives? Plus, these places offer a mental escape for people to at least forget all their problems while they are in these “lands of make believe” and for children to be children, teenagers to have another safe way of releasing their energy, etc.

Things like this can’t be the focus of most of the government spending, but a small percentage dedicated towards things will go a long way.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Or I could build something like this:

It might work that way it will remain dry inside due to repeat rains out in SD.