Dealing with neighbor's loud radio anonimously?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
One of my neighbors' friends was working on his car in the neighbor's yard, and played some really annoying rap music for several hours once. I put my speakers in the window and played the 1812 Overture at top volume.
\In ten minutes he switched off his "music"

Probably thought you were firing canons at him!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I've had the same problem a couple of times in Panama as well as the DR. I just went up to the neighbor and told him that I wasn't pleased with the noise, most of the times they turned it down. The 2 times that I had to go back a second time to ask to lower the volume I made sure I didn't have to go back a third time. After that they were the best neighbors one could wish for. ;)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Then turn the radio even louder while watching him die, LMAO :)

Note to self: if Neighbor name's is waytogo, Malko, don't move in in the first place.

I had this exact problem with a neighbor right across the street from me in Santiago............
He would put his speakers outside at 2 in the morning and let them rip..........
All I am going to say, is after experiencing my methods for this type of behavior......,
the music came to a dead stop......
Placed my GIANT speakers out by the front door and gave him a dose of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and topped it off with a little bit of Johnny Cash.......
With a 2000 Watt RMS amplifier..........
ALL my other neighbors were quite pleased with the results.........

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I had this exact problem with a neighbor right across the street from me in Santiago............
He would put his speakers outside at 2 in the morning and let them rip..........
All I am going to say, is after experiencing my methods for this type of behavior......,
the music came to a dead stop......
Placed my GIANT speakers out by the front door and gave him a dose of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and topped it off with a little bit of Johnny Cash.......
With a 2000 Watt RMS amplifier..........
ALL my other neighbors were quite pleased with the results.........

i think i have now seen, or heard, it all. i was awakened from an afternoon nap today by something that amazed me. a guy pulled up next to my apartment, and lit me up with Stan Getz and Chet Baker, at window rattling volume. i did not even know that anybody in the DR had ever heard of those guys. must have been a gringo.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
take off your shirt, and wearing your Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore Black Cavalry Stetson Hat, ask him if he enjoys the smell of Napalm in the Morning as much as you do..

he will either laugh at you, or if he has seen the Movie he will back down real fast..

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
My next door neighbor (inside our project) now and then drinks too much and will watch operas or classical music concerts on his big flatscreen with apparently a big speaker system 'a todo lo que da'. Windows op en and we know we're up for a day of listening to his music. However it doesn't happen too often and it's better than merengue, bachata or worse.

Since I already forced him not too park his car in front of my house I'm not complaining. Don't want to be the one neighbors always wining about everything. (They wined about me changing my front window frames from black to white though).

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No real way to deal with anything anonymously in this country. They all know each other or are directly related. Your best option is to be straight forward with your neighbor, perhaps with a small ?gift?in hand and ask him to turn it down. If this doesn?t work than at least the neighbors will know you tried to be reasonable before calling 911 and having them come out and confiscate his speakers.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My next door neighbor (inside our project) now and then drinks too much and will watch operas or classical music concerts on his big flatscreen with apparently a big speaker system 'a todo lo que da'. Windows op en and we know we're up for a day of listening to his music. However it doesn't happen too often and it's better than merengue, bachata or worse.

Since I already forced him not too park his car in front of my house I'm not complaining. Don't want to be the one neighbors always wining about everything. (They wined about me changing my front window frames from black to white though).

some things are just so much a part of culture here, sometimes it is better to just leave it alone. i do not own a car, but i lifve in an apartment building with numbered parking spots. some guy , who does not even live in the building, just decided that he will park in my spot, because he never sees a car there.

under normal circumstances, a person would approach the one to whom the spot is assigned, and ask him if he would mind if he used the spot. here...not so much. why bother even saying anything. my mother always said that if you have to explain something to someone, they don?t get it, anyway. no sense in starting a fight with a fool.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
i do not own a car

I can stop in Walmart before I return and pick you up a pack of 5!

xdfrep.jpg

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
some things are just so much a part of culture here, sometimes it is better to just leave it alone. i do not own a car, but i lifve in an apartment building with numbered parking spots. some guy , who does not even live in the building, just decided that he will park in my spot, because he never sees a car there.

under normal circumstances, a person would approach the one to whom the spot is assigned, and ask him if he would mind if he used the spot. here...not so much. why bother even saying anything. my mother always said that if you have to explain something to someone, they don?t get it, anyway. no sense in starting a fight with a fool.

Hahaha! We are in the exact same situation with the parking spot. Same car has commandeered our spot for three years. I hate that I care but my wife and I softly mention it to each other every time we pass it.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Cars can spontaneously combust. I have seen it. Not condoning any pyrotechnics but they have been know to catch fire.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Cars can spontaneously combust. I have seen it. Not condoning any pyrotechnics but they have been know to catch fire.

LOL LOL!!! It is parking spots we don't use or need, a simple flat tire may be more neighborly.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
LOL LOL!!! It is parking spots we don't use or need, a simple flat tire may be more neighborly.

I understand your point. But a self exploding car is really cool and people will talk about it for a long time. The down side is you will probably have to pay to have the burned out shell towed away seeing as it is your parking spot

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What caused the self imposed ban on driving here??.

the idiots on the roads , of course. at my age, i do not have the patience to deal with a guy who runs in the back of my car, then demand that i pay his medical bills. i do not have enough forbearance for that. maybe when i was younger.