Deportations from Haiti?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What exactly is the problem? If you are illegally in any country and you are caught, you should be deported. End of story.

Haiti is doing what a government should do in this type of situation and as long as no one's basic rights are being violated, there's no reason to be whining.

Ice breaker

Jul 11, 2012
Haitians don't deport illegal people because they're kind of hospitable people they like to see foreigners in their land and they welcome everybody. Deported Dominican people ??? Hmmmm! It's sounds weird, propably there's something hidding behind that. Thousands of Dominican ladies doing prostitution in petion ville since 10 years ago, all of them illegal but nobody care. But DR should deport Haitians not because they hate them but because they are illegal, I am sure the contrary is being done. One love people, the world is going crazy, it's up to us to save it.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Not as "important" or necessary as you would have us believe they are. There isn't a job they do that can't be mechanized, or done by a Dominican laborer.

Never will be Mechanized.....the machines cost much more than the labor.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Never will be Mechanized.....the machines cost much more than the labor.

Hmmmm... The only fields not using mechanized cutters are the independent fields that sell their crops to the mills! Central Romana and others have been using mechanized labor for over 6 years now...

But what you said is true to a part, the need for cheaper labor is there when it deals with the bottom line and profits by the pound. Why would they suddenly change thousand of years of labor exploitation VS Profits when they can get away with it?

They use the now non burned leaves by turning them into bio-mass to power the boilers that produce much of the energy used at the mills nowadays.

There are a lot of independently owned sugar cane fields in the DR!

Jan 3, 2003
Pick and Nails, please leave the poor Haitians alone. Over and over again the dynamic duo (P + N) plaster us with many pretty pictures of how the DR is growing by leaps and bounds. "The DR is the breadbasket of the region. The DR has the largest economy in the region. The DR's poverty level has dropped to 30% from 60%. Endless amounts of loans are approved and there is still a greater demand for them. " BLAH-BLAH-BLAH on and on you two spare us no moment to show us all here how great and mighty the DR has become.

Then you go and post something like this. If your DR has become so great and mighty- a regional superpower so to speak- then this is what happens. You attract all types seeking a better life. Per you guys the unemployment picture isn't as bad as I make it seem. The DR middle class has grown in an explosive form. So all those Dominicans per you two who have fallen of the rolls of the DR poor have left behind a vacuum. And since nature abhors a vacuum per Spock LOL, that void is being met by the millions of Haitians who are crossing over into the DR.

What this regional superpower- the DR namely- should do is begin to dominicanize the Haitian population within the DR. Some should get citizenship. Heck, their children and themselves have been their long enough. Others should get residency papers and the last group should be cobbled together into some sort of worker visa program with different grades for different tasks and time lengths. This is what a regional superpower does which has the largest economy in the Caribbean.

A regional superpower doesn't whine and complain about a few million Haitians here and there who supply said regional superpower with a much needed workforce. If the Dominicans have reached that potential stage of development where they will not engage in such menial and trivial pursuits such as construction work, agricultural labor and other such subsistence modes of survival, somebody has go to do the work. That's why you got the Haitians.

So please prove to all us naysayers how great and mighty this regional superpower has become and regularize the Haitian situation. Open up an immigration dept. catering to the needs of Haitians living within the DR. You could call it the Dept. for Haitian Regularization or the Dept. for Haitian Assimilation, Integration, Transportation and Immigration. CODE NAME H.A.I.T.I.. That's what a superpower does if indeed you have become a regional superpower. Maybe then I'll start believing some of your hype, LOL.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Let me pull a Pichardo for a moment... :classic:

Pick and Nails, please leave the poor Haitians alone. Over and over again the dynamic duo (P + N) plaster us with many pretty pictures of how the DR is growing by leaps and bounds.
Oh, look at the horror:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lI08nMnkFss?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It keeps getting worst:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iSOoE76zPr8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And worst:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S5f6Y6ARaPs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lord, what is this:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D3yQsR8oPkM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No doubt the signs of the end of the world are everywhere. Ironically, I remember a time when the economy was truly going south (crisis of 2003) and yet, you were bullish right here on DR1. I remember you said something that there was no crisis because the population was still growing. lol Remember? I hope I don't have to search for that.

End of the Pichardo moment. lol

Onions/Carrots said:
Maybe then I'll start believing some of your hype, LOL.
No offense, but you are just some campesino from Mao and resentful to boot. 'Nuff said. lol

Now, lets get back to the whole migration argument... ah yes, if someone is illegal, they should be deported. Quite simple.

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
No offense, but you are just some campesino from Mao and resentful to boot. 'Nuff said. lol

Now, lets get back to the whole migration argument... ah yes, if someone is illegal, they should be deported. Quite simple.

Am I reading your statements wrong?

Your first statement indicates a prejudice towards anyone from the campesino.

(Prejudice: A negative, usually unjustified attitude directed toward people simply because they are members of a specific social group)

Your second statement I agree with.

Please correct me if I misread your statement.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
As it should be. I just wish the DR government would ratchet up the efficiency and deport in masses at least 1-1.5 million Haitians by the end of the year. What a wonderful Christmas present for all Dominicans.

NotLurking

Christmas present you say, you had the AUDACITY to use the word Christmas in this post. Let OPEN your eyes so you can see a little better.

1. Does this mean if there are no Haitians on your side of the island Dominicans will stop MUGGING and ROBBING other Dominicans during this time. I mean is there ANYTHING YOUR people (not Americans or Haitians) do not STEAL.

2. Why not ask your government to RATCHET up the effort and EDUCATE young Dominican children the way Cuba educate their children. Wouldn't this be a better gift to the Dominican Republic. I hope it is not too late when Dominicans realize education and the money set aside for education is IMPERATIVE, but by the look of DR I think it has passed.

3. After the DR government award Dominicans with that gift of NO MORE Haitians on the island, can you please tell your government to send a ferry and pick up all the Dominicans in Puerto Rico who should not be there. I do not care if it is only 5 Dominicans in PR come and get them. This way everybody can be happy not just Dominicans.

People on this planet use your country as a WASHING MACHINE for dirty money, others use it ot get a CHEAP THRILL, and your own males DESTROY Dominican women for SPORT, but Haiti is the problem.

Being called DUMB, DEAF and BLIND is not something a person wants to hear but when JMB773 boots are on DR soil it is complement, because most of the things in DR I care NOT to see, most of the things are hear is without substance, and it is not one thing I can learn in DR unless I want to learn the ART of LYING.

BTW If you think the DR is a better nation then Haiti you are fooling yourself or dreaming, ever heard that saying " BIRDS OF A FEATHER" you know the rest.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
For some of you who may not know why I use the word "destroy" instead of kill. Women in the USA are killed, but women in the DR are " DESTROYED" it is HUGE difference in the two words.

Man I am getting TIRED of these threads about Haiti. I am not Dominican so how is it I know the ONLY reason why the DR is not down on Haiti's level. The reason being ALL of the NON Dominicans visiting DR every year, ALL of the nice countries that allow Dominicans to work and send money back to DR and the NON Dominican investors.

The Dominican Republic DO NOT wake up in the morning unless the USA, England, Spain or Canada say it is OKAY. Everytime they get a chance they beat Haitian people down little by little. Haitian people are NOT going to fight you back, so why keep on BULLYING people that have no way to defend themselves. They pose no real threat to Dominicans and the Dominican Republic. JUST come OUT AND SAY IT!!! Dominicans do not like Haitians because they are Haitians, why is this so HARD for some of you. Dominicans are some of the RACIST people I ever met and I will tell your IMAGINARY President that.

For all the Haitian people on the planet I am sorry you go through this from a group of people that think just because SPAIN PIMPED the Dominican Republic years ago they have the right to have so much resentment toward Haiti.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Am I reading your statements wrong?

Your first statement indicates a prejudice towards anyone from the campesino.

(Prejudice: A negative, usually unjustified attitude directed toward people simply because they are members of a specific social group)

Your second statement I agree with.

Please correct me if I misread your statement.
He is a campesino from Mao, at least that is what he has said in the past. What exactly should a campesino be called other than campesino? :confused:

They are great people but, on average, not very knowledgeable about many things other than farming, some menial tasks and such. Many have a simple mind, live a simple life and can only understand simple things. That is the case with a lot of them, maybe even most.

If Onion/Carrots is truly from the campos of Mao, as he has claimed in the past, then he knows this. Everybody knows this.

We even had a campesino for president in 2000-2004. Maybe that is why Onion/Carrots claimed there was no crisis when the country was about to collapse? Campesino compassion? Could be.

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
What exactly should a campesino be called other than campesino?

As USUAL you missed the point NALs, on purpose, most likely.

Your statement was:

.... and your response was:

They are great people but, on average, not very knowledgeable about many things other than farming, some menial tasks and such. Many have a simple mind, live a simple life and can only understand simple things. That is the case with a lot of them, maybe even most.

I stand corrected:

In my opinion, Prejudice and condescending.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Christmas present you say, you had the AUDACITY to use the word Christmas in this post. Let OPEN your eyes so you can see a little better.

1. Does this mean if there are no Haitians on your side of the island Dominicans will stop MUGGING and ROBBING other Dominicans during this time. I mean is there ANYTHING YOUR people (not Americans or Haitians) do not STEAL.

2. Why not ask your government to RATCHET up the effort and EDUCATE young Dominican children the way Cuba educate their children. Wouldn't this be a better gift to the Dominican Republic. I hope it is not too late when Dominicans realize education and the money set aside for education is IMPERATIVE, but by the look of DR I think it has passed.

3. After the DR government award Dominicans with that gift of NO MORE Haitians on the island, can you please tell your government to send a ferry and pick up all the Dominicans in Puerto Rico who should not be there. I do not care if it is only 5 Dominicans in PR come and get them. This way everybody can be happy not just Dominicans.

People on this planet use your country as a WASHING MACHINE for dirty money, others use it ot get a CHEAP THRILL, and your own males DESTROY Dominican women for SPORT, but Haiti is the problem.

Being called DUMB, DEAF and BLIND is not something a person wants to hear but when JMB773 boots are on DR soil it is complement, because most of the things in DR I care NOT to see, most of the things are hear is without substance, and it is not one thing I can learn in DR unless I want to learn the ART of LYING.

BTW If you think the DR is a better nation then Haiti you are fooling yourself or dreaming, ever heard that saying " BIRDS OF A FEATHER" you know the rest.

I think I just got off on this, wait a minute......
Ummmmmmmm, yup.
Whoa!

SHALENA

Jan 3, 2003
No doubt the signs of the end of the world are everywhere. Ironically, I remember a time when the economy was truly going south (crisis of 2003) and yet, you were bullish right here on DR1. I remember you said something that there was no crisis because the population was still growing. lol Remember? I hope I don't have to search for that.

I'm flattered that you've taken such an interest in what I have said or not said in the past. I can't reciprocate the feeling though. I neither have any interest in spending my time in searching for what you've said here in the past. But, that's a moot point that will only end in a "schizophrenic herding cat" episode. I took to heart Robert's words. My days as a schizophrenic cat here are over. I'll leave that to you and Chip. I am only interested in debating ideas, concepts and paradigms. Those early days here at DR1 was just a stage in my development. I was an early twenty-something kid who got heated up in the debate because like so many here got high on the emotional ride.

But that's over and done with. In my early thirties I have become more mature, operate in a more ordered form and can accept others opinions including your opinion and Pick's. You two are very bullish on the DR. God bless both of you and your ,in my opinion, over optimistic assessment on the DR and its future. In my book and I have many who agree with me the DR is sacrificing it all to eek out a return not commensurate with its investment. They've thrown in everything including the kitchen sink and in the process have set themselves up for collapse.

The currency is going to zero which is obvious in graphical form over a 30 year trajectory. That's the path to ruin. The DR debt load is consuming 50% of the national budget. In graphical form that line points to the moon. And this with rates at levels which scant have that much room to go lower. In other words when rates rise once again the DR will be hard pressed to make payments. It will consume more of the national budget. Money will be pulled out of the economy to make payments and the economy will recede as a result. Unable to secure short term financing even from the IMF, the DR will fall on its face.

LOL-what's wrong with being from Mao and being a campesino? I have no more interest in the personal factor here at DR1. But, I'll respond briefly to this. You just placed egg all over your face. When everyone reads that, what will they think of you? It comes off as elitist and just shows Dominicans and non alike how Dominicans truly feel about those who are economically and socially disadvantaged to them. No more ad hominems. Debate the ideas and if you can't find anything worthy in your elitist mind twiddle your thumbs.

But it isn't restricted to Nals only. It's a common theme throughout the DR. If you have, you're heralded as someone to be emulated even if you're a drug dealer like Quirino who sits in a federal cell in Miami. If you're a plain ole worker, you reek of rotting onions and carrots and are looked down upon. You can see this from what Pick and Nals post so often here. It's the 1% be it malls, high-rises, govt projects etc. Why not post something from the working man? Or would posting that shred apart your narrow view of the DR?

On the other hand within the US, the working man is the cornerstone and foundation of the American psyche since its roots are engrained in the puritanical and pioneer work ethic of their forefathers. Its two competing social structures where one was based on that Calvinist protestant work ethic where hard work no matter how menial was the road to prosperity. It was based on savings and investments. The elitist snob was not something to be proud of to the point that even today ostentatious displays of wealth are at times criticized.

The other based on a Catholic presumptuous and elitist mentality where the worker was the tool that the privileged used in order to aggrandize their position. Well we now know which sociological and psychological construct won out and produced an empire while the other has languished in economic stagnation only growing as a result of the American infusion of capital. The DR functions as a going concern because the US has given it so much aid, given it preferential status in trade. Oh and let's not forget remittance money.

No it isn't that simple. The international community will continue pressurizing the DR until the DR legalizes a percentage of the Haitians in the DR. The debate is no longer about deportations and your simplistic view of things. The DR like all nations on Earth are not 100% autonomous units doing as they please. They must adhere to the rule of law which crosses all borders sovereign, territorial, economic and political. If they don't they get sanctioned. So they'd better do better than JCE subterfuge games and the like because they're illegal mumbo jumbo is not even part of the discourse.

The DR govt from this point forward must think how many they will turn into citizens, how many will become residents and how many will be given work visas. Once that process is completed then the remaining amount whatever that is will be deported. This is out of the DR's hands. They lost that choice long ago once the DR govt decided to embark on the path to modernization. And if per you two the dynamic duo the DR is a regional superpower then start acting like one. You just don't kick people out who have all their lives invested in one place.

Economic powers have ethnic populations within their borders which do not resemble the native population. That's the path of being an economic superpower regionally speaking. If you want your claims to be respected then start acting like the claims have validity. Mass deportations are not going to happen that much more in the DR than it will in the US of A. It's best to regulate it legally than keep us this slip shod flim flam immigration policy it currently has.

And to finish it all off if you and Pick are so bullish on the DR, then get back. Don't post on how great the DR is when you are sitting behind a desk in Conn and the other one's in Florida. Judging from your actions the DR is not that great after all. Prove to us it is an island paradise and how easy it is to make a living there. Reading CC's posts-a man who actually lives there-it ain't as rosy as you lead us to believe.

Jan 3, 2003
For some of you who may not know why I use the word "destroy" instead of kill. Women in the USA are killed, but women in the DR are " DESTROYED" it is HUGE difference in the two words.

Man I am getting TIRED of these threads about Haiti. I am not Dominican so how is it I know the ONLY reason why the DR is not down on Haiti's level. The reason being ALL of the NON Dominicans visiting DR every year, ALL of the nice countries that allow Dominicans to work and send money back to DR and the NON Dominican investors.

Don't get heated up over it. Pick and Nals do alot here to rile people up. It's more of a fun factor with them than actual policy changes. The DR has very little choice in the matter. If they'd dare to mass deport Haitians it'd be plastered all over CNN and you'd have the international community like Europe and the US of A descending on them en masse. The DR govt never even entertains the thought. They got a little JCE game going on with the poor Haitians but that's just a little delay thing going on there. It has no legal standing.

Eventually the DR whether many here like it or not is going to have to formally organize the Haitian mess. It's part of the process in becoming a modern state. If Pick and Nals claims about the DR being such has standing and validity then it will be just a matter of time before you see "illegal" Haitian nationals being fully dominicanized with legal migration papers. Now if they want to turn the clock back that's a whole different set of apples.

From the looks of it they won't turn back the tide. They are moving forward. The Haitians who have been there the longest will eventually get their papers. The children will become Dominican legally speaking because socially they already are having been born in the DR. They have socially constructed their reality in the Dominican mindset. Their connections with Haiti are nothing more than fleeting memories from their parents' past. It's the same immigration story played out since time immemorial.

The Dominican Republic DO NOT wake up in the morning unless the USA, England, Spain or Canada say it is OKAY. Everytime they get a chance they beat Haitian people down little by little. Haitian people are NOT going to fight you back, so why keep on BULLYING people that have no way to defend themselves. They pose no real threat to Dominicans and the Dominican Republic. JUST come OUT AND SAY IT!!! Dominicans do not like Haitians because they are Haitians, why is this so HARD for some of you. Dominicans are some of the RACIST people I ever met and I will tell your IMAGINARY President that.

That's true but the DR success story was based on the fact that the DR never rejected European intrusion while Haiti did. Historically speaking, Haiti's failure was a result of their rejecting anything European. At the time of independence Haiti was the regional superpower and the DR was just a bunch of cacique run fiefdoms. Haiti overran the DR in 1822 and governed for 22 years. What happened? Why wasn't Haiti able to capitalize on that initial show of strength. In the centuries since Haiti floundered to the point that currently without UN aid its own director has stated it would disappear into the sea.

It's what Jared Diamond speaks in his book Collapse about. While Haiti rejected the Europeans, the Dominicans embraced them. This led to the growth of one and the sinking of another. The Dominicans realized much to their success that European intrusion was the key to success while Haiti, understandably so, rejected it. Without that global support system back then in the sense of trade and mercantilism Haiti had to fend for itself. They turned the plantations in family run farms which though a noble idea took Haiti to ruin. Its been downhill ever since.

For all the Haitian people on the planet I am sorry you go through this from a group of people that think just because SPAIN PIMPED the Dominican Republic years ago they have the right to have so much resentment toward Haiti.

Don't feel so sad for them. The DR of today is not the DR of yesteryear. In that sense I am in full agreement with Pick and Nails. It's true on the pimping but you needed that pimping to succeed. Turning its back on France even after independence was not the wisest thing to do but like they say hindsight is always 20-20. I guess if they the Haitians could turn back the clock they would have operated differently after their slave revolt and subsequent independence. They would not be at the mercy of the DR but competing alongside with them with their fair share of the economic spoils.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Yes,I agree with you.But my point is that now the world will think differently because the Haitians are doing the
same thing as we are.

same thing as we are.[/QUOTE]

If the Haitians can come here and invade, massacre entire villages, possess Dominicans' land and tax the hell out of our people for over 20 years to pay for their indepence, yet the world see dominicans as the aggressor and instead want to call us racists for applying our constitutional law and enforcing immigration policy to protect our border, what makes you think anything would change?

To most of the world, Haitians are seen as poor, innocent, hard working saints, discriminated and enslaved by big,aggressive and racist DR.

How can DR dislike such beautiful and inoffensive saints when they have never done anything to them.
A Haitian could not even hurt a fly. Lol

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

Spoken like a true Haitian. A high on crack delusional Haitian at that.

FYI, If you don't know, other countries do practice their immigration policies. The USA also does rounups and deports Dominicans on a regular basis. Or are you that naive to think that Mexicans and Salvadorans are the only people getting deported?

Ilegal Dominicans deported from countries all over the world arrive on a daily basis. Dominicans just don't whine and cry out racism like you guys do.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I just want to say, I have a B.A. from the University of Miami and onion and carrots posts are extremely articulate and are hard for me to understand (you write like a philosopher or something :) . You must either spend 6 hours writing each post or be an English major or something. As far as the topic, one thing I can say is I've never seen a Haitian involved in a robbery or killing in the DR. My best friend in Miami was Haitian and they seem like pretty good people. It really ****es me off when Dominicans talk down to them and I usually let them know it. When I first met my wife she basically thought as them as sub-human, but she also thought 99% of all Dominicans were sub-human, luckily she was flexible and is learning to be a lot more accepting.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I've never seen a Haitian involved in a robbery or killing in the DR.

I know Haitians who have been involved in crimes of all kinds, including machete killings, theft and rape. I also know others who are very hardworking and that's why I don't generalize when I talk about Haitians.
I don't make overly positive generalizations about them but I don't make negative ones either.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I just want to say, I have a B.A. from the University of Miami and onion and carrots posts are extremely articulate and are hard for me to understand (you write like a philosopher or something :) . You must either spend 6 hours writing each post or be an English major or something. As far as the topic, one thing I can say is I've never seen a Haitian involved in a robbery or killing in the DR. My best friend in Miami was Haitian and they seem like pretty good people. It really ****es me off when Dominicans talk down to them and I usually let them know it. When I first met my wife she basically thought as them as sub-human, but she also thought 99% of all Dominicans were sub-human, luckily she was flexible and is learning to be a lot more accepting.

So you say you haven't seen Haitians committing crimes while on this side of the Island? Then I say you haven't been on the Island for very long. Give yourself time and you will witness this firsthand. Just this past Monday two Haitians were arrested in the Colinas section of Santiago, for burglarizing and then killing an elderly woman.

Don't get me wrong, I know Dominicans rob and kill just as much as Haitian, So now that we got that out of the way, my answer to your post and the topic of this thread has nothing to do Haitians committing crimes.

As the sovereign nation that we are, gives us the rights to preserve our nationality by deporting anyone within Dominican soil without the proper papers. Whether people think it right or wrong, isn't the issue, as such; you might find it wrong for us to deport them, but as stated in previous post, Dominicans also get deported everyday from other countries, so why ask for a double standard when our government tries to apply its laws in this country.

Furthermore,I have found that many Dominicans that have been removed from the Island for a long period of time have lost their patriotism towards the country. These Dominicans don't have a clue as to what's a stake right now, thus rendering them clueless to the actual Haitian invasion. These same Dominicans know very little of the countries history, or of the amount of blood that was shed by their past countrymen just to maintain the right to be called Dominicans.

Since it's inception, the DR has fought eight battles with its neighboring country. Till this very day the battle for control of the Island rages on. Some might argue that "all this took place a very long time ago", ergo it has no bearing on current events between both nations. I say don't let yourself be fooled by these people. Even thought much of this happened long ago, I still like to think that the wound might have healed, but to many Dominicans myself included, the scare still remains.

Nevertheless, we Dominicans find ourselves battling a different kind of war, one of invasion by peaceful means, still an invasion non the less. Today we are under constant attack by Haitians and international NGO's who's only interest is to unite the Island, hence creating one single country, wherein our sovereignty, nationality, culture and costumes are integrated with that of the Haitians, thus erasing any sign that we once existed as a sole nation.

In the process to achieve their goals, they've resigned themselves to name calling by way of an international propaganda campaign in the hopes of attracting international attention, thus strangling any future investments by the international community to the DR. They've gone as far as calling us racist, xenophobic, slave masters, human rights violators and many other adjectives hoping that by doing this, they will stop the economic growth that the DR has experienced during the past twenty or so years.

But wait it gets even better, what the Haitians and their proponents have failed to notice is that the DR and it's people have done much more for them than all the NGO's currently in Haiti combined. During the past 40 or 50 years Haiti has been the number one recipient of international donation in the western hemisphere, yet during this time all these NGO's have yet to show the progress they've achieved while in Haiti. The DR and it's people on the other hand, thanks to its economic growth, has done much more to help the same people that today want to destroy our economy in the hopes of Island unification.

Talk about being a nation of ingrates, during the 2010 earthquake, the DR and every other country on earth pledged relief funds for Haiti; yet every one of those country except for the DR reneged on their promise. We were the first ones there and have been the last to leave, with exception of the NGO's who call Haiti home of course. We promised the Haitian people a University and complied with that promise, but not long after, the Haitian government and it's crafty intellectuals changed the name of said University from the name given by the DR government, (Universidad Dr. Juan Busch) to a name of a Haitian general (Henri Christophe) this same general is attributed the most heinous and atrocious act ever committed to Dominican people on Dominican soil. Please read for self in the link below.

Nos humillaron en Hait? - Acento

Sure the Haitians and their proponent have been working their black magic (no pun intended) against us for quite some time, but I guess we Dominicans have GOD on our side, thus the reason why no matter how much they attack, accuse and defile our good name, we've always managed to land on our feet and squeaky clean no less.

and finally; el fin!!!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005