Deportations Will Begin Today

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
This should be an interesting procedure to watch. Agree with Ramesses, going to be a very long process IF its really started. What is to keep them from turning around and walking back the same way they got in the first time?

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Government still has not given out all the legalization visas. Many many thousands more to go. The visas do not give people the ability to get a drivers license, while its legal to work here, employers need to pay private insurance to people with the visa, there is no TSS health insurance and social security, no cedula and the ability to do banking for those with only the legalization card and etc. Its very much a second class thing. Most likely the lawyers will be making a good buck when the people try and get residency whenever that may start and the rules and such are provided... most likely a lot later to avoid international scrutiny. Its tough going for people with so little money that want to stay here under this plan... Its cost them hundreds of dollars in fees and lawyers and under the table payments to migration to get this far and they have to do a lot of it over again in a short period of time to get maybe temporary residency or something like that...

For all the hardship necessary to get this far, I hope the government gives these poor people a further break and gives them residency and a cedula... It will be interesting to see how many people actually make it to citizenship in four or five years or however long it takes theme to get through this process. I would guess very few...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Government still has not given out all the legalization visas. Many many thousands more to go. The visas do not give people the ability to get a drivers license, while its legal to work here, employers need to pay private insurance to people with the visa, there is no TSS health insurance and social security, no cedula and the ability to do banking for those with only the legalization card and etc. Its very much a second class thing. Most likely the lawyers will be making a good buck when the people try and get residency whenever that may start and the rules and such are provided... most likely a lot later to avoid international scrutiny. Its tough going for people with so little money that want to stay here under this plan... Its cost them hundreds of dollars in fees and lawyers and under the table payments to migration to get this far and they have to do a lot of it over again in a short period of time to get maybe temporary residency or something like that...

For all the hardship necessary to get this far, I hope the government gives these poor people a further break and gives them residency and a cedula... It will be interesting to see how many people actually make it to citizenship in four or five years or however long it takes theme to get through this process. I would guess very few...

here i disagree completely.
why should the long term Illegals been given a first class freeby, or even a Residency?? ridiculous to demand such in my opinion.
they got their chance to register in the Plan and have their status "legal" for 1 year/some for 2 years.
now it is up to them to get within that time frame their residency or naturalization stuff together/in order, as every legal foreigner from the beginning did.
of course it costs money, it was never free for anybody to become a legal resident in the DR, and i would not know other countries offering such to every foreigner for FREE. brainless to await or demand such.
to get residency costs todays more than just a few hundred bucks, it is expensive and the DR has it's understandable reasons why such is not affordable for every John Does from the streets of Wisconsin.
it makes full sense to me that the ones registered in the Plan, are NOT allowed all the same things as a resident is, otherwise they would not see any reason to go thru the process of residency now during the next couple years.
they can keep working while applying for their residency, and stay legal for that year or two, that's all what the Plan is there for.
for any further stuff, they need to get their residency application finished before the time is up, or the ride home is the only solution to their "troubles".
there is absolutely othing complicated on the basic means/process of the whole thing.
it reads:
get your residency done before your Freebie given time is up, or you get deported.
as simple as that.
and absolutely corret to be done that way, from my point of view.

Mike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I see no reason it should cost anyone less time and effort than it did for me and everyone else who is here legally. To be fair and impartial, everyone has to be treated equally.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I see no reason it should cost anyone less time and effort than it did for me and everyone else who is here legally. To be fair and impartial, everyone has to be treated equally.

The way I see it, the whole process is misdirection. First wave is now, second wave will be everyone they deny residency that now have the visas which will be virtually every applicant. It's all part of the plan.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The way I see it, the whole process is misdirection. First wave is now, second wave will be everyone they deny residency that now have the visas which will be virtually every applicant. It's all part of the plan.

The DR government can do that if they wish. That is their decision. It will be fair if everyone is treated in the same manor.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The DR government can do that if they wish. That is their decision.

Yes it is. It would be better if they would be more up front about it but I understand they have enough problems on their hands with the current wave. It is in their best interest to misdirect the other fist.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The DR government can do that if they wish. That is their decision. It will be fair if everyone is treated in the same manor.

exactly.
they can approve and deny residency to any applicant, by their own taste, without even giving any explanation about why a application may been denied.
that's the right to do so for every sovereign country.
nothing wrong with that.

Mike

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
exactly.
they can approve and deny residency to any applicant, by their own taste, without even giving any explanation about why a application may been denied.
that's the right to do so for every sovereign country.
nothing wrong with that.

Mike

Like I have said, they can do what they want. I have no issue with that. I understand they want to appear fair and gentle. After all, they created this kafuffle.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yes it is. It would be better if they would be more up front about it but I understand they have enough problems on their hands with the current wave. It is in their best interest to misdirect the other fist.

nope.
the ones, who 100% failed to be truthful/upfront at all,
are the ones who came and stayed 100% illegally, 100% knowing that their stay is completely illegal.
why should a government be upfront to someone who solely denied to be straight forward with that same government?
they have their regulations about minimum incomes or property ownership or sums on bank accounts and all such stuff,
those are the guidelines they made for Themselves to handle residency applications.
and even someone who fulfills all requirements for a residency, still can be denied withotu any explanation given,
as they have the right to do so,
while no applicant/foreigner has any right to any residency.
the status due the regularization plan been given to what, around a quarter million illegals, right?
most of those will never dare to apply for residency, because they know that they do not qualify to get anything approved.
many of those will simply renew/apply for minor visa types, like a work visa or student visa and alikes.
i would be surprised if a high number of 10% of all the regularized persons, would be eligable for a residency, my personal guess is located by less than half of such 10% of the regularized persons.
how many of that small number of persons, will finally decide to go for a application for residency, well, in a couple of years those numbers will be known.
the rest can stay and work on working visas, if qualifying for extentions/renewals,
some will go for naturalization, qualifying for that way due marriage, children etc,
a significant number will simply leave sooner or later,
or as they always did, stay low key and hide in their bushes.
now they have 1and/or 2 years, to get first rid of the otha quarter million illegals.
the most thrown out number was ranging around 500.000 illegals suspected to be on DR soil.
a quarter million is now registered in da Plan,
so there is the otha quarter million to slowly, dozen by dozen and without any uproar, collect in and send away.
2 years to get it done, for a quarter million, that's nothing of any mission impossible, it is easily achievable IF they want to achieve it.
and then they can turn on their computers and crosscheck the formerly registered quarter million, with the database of approved Residencies/working viasa etc. i bet such crosscheck will bring out an other good number of persons, in 2 years from now, to continue to work on in case of loading up and going for a ride.
the few 10thousands who slip thru such nets, well, that's side effects as usual, nothing that bothers, as long as they stay lowest key and do not get in conflict with the law or try to apply for a real job, so long they do not bother, due their small insignificant number. every country has a certain number of some who slipped thru.

my point again:

WHEN will that border be secured enough to guarantee, that not the same number/or even higher number of illegals hopps da Fence(as it has been a 24/7/365 occurance since decades), the same or more in numbers than the ones taken in and sent on a ride home?

without a reasonable border security, no Plan/Immigrations Law will have any real effect/make any sense.

Mike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree that border security is a weak link in the DR governments ability to enforce its immigration plans. Fining employers heavily for employing illegal immigrants is one way to be more effective.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I agree that border security is a weak link in the DR governments ability to enforce its immigration plans. Fining employers heavily for employing illegal immigrants is one way to be more effective.

agreed on one side, for taking employment of illegals away,
but still the real scumbags will flow in. they do not look for any employment, they just sell their drugs, their females, do their burglaries etc etc etc.

the border security is a keypoint, without a reasonably controlled border, the rest will not fruit much if anything.

Mike

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
now they have 1and/or 2 years, to get first rid of the otha quarter million illegals.
the most thrown out number was ranging around 500.000 illegals suspected to be on DR soil.
a quarter million is now registered in da Plan,
so there is the otha quarter million to slowly, dozen by dozen and without any uproar, collect in and send away.
2 years to get it done, for a quarter million, that's nothing of any mission impossible, it is easily achievable IF they want to achieve it.

250,000 people is 500 deportations a day for 2 years. (assuming Monday to Friday as they said, if everyday it is 350 a day) That is 10 yellow school buses a day. Rounding up 500 people every days is not as easy as it sounds....doable but difficult.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
250,000 people is 500 deportations a day for 2 years. (assuming Monday to Friday as they said, if everyday it is 350 a day) That is 10 yellow school buses a day. Rounding up 500 people every days is not as easy as it sounds....doable but difficult.

during the hot times of flooding in haitians, peaking after quake and cholera, it was several hundreds and up to more than 1K deportees per day brought to the haitian border, so such numbers would not be anything new, easily doable.
and it would not even be anything named mass deportations, so the lazy other side of the fence and their few intl supporters would not get any ammunition to shoot out any bad Press.
but keep in mind, such numebrs, and the 2 years short time frame, been my own calculations.
the DR government is in no way under any pressure to deport anybody at all, and less to run any certain numbers on daily bases/weekly/monthly etc.
zero obligation on any numbers for the DR.
they can do as they want, as it fits to the upcoming presidential elections, as they wanna recruit some for building a new Dam or whatsoeverthingy.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and the number of half a million of illegal foreigners on DR grounds, is a number often mentioned by officials when talking about the theme.
to me, that estimation is a blue eyed wrong estimation.
i would double it, to come close around the real number of illegal foreigners in DR, around 10 % of the DR's population.
and on a real census(theoretically, as such in reality does simply not exist) such million could come out to be a funny low figure.

Mike

Rokete

Jan 5, 2013
False Rumors About the Dominican Republic Citizenship Law Being Retroactive youtube.

False Rumors About the Dominican Republic Citizenship Law Being Retroactive

youtube.com/watch?v=pZzqn5PdjZ...

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
I wonder if they will just check and send back the hatians or also the other foreigners here. Because if they don't, the other countries will complain about this.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I wonder if they will just check and send back the hatians or also the other foreigners here. Because if they don't, the other countries will complain about this.

they will send back every foreigner found without the proper documentation.
the vast mayority of illegals in DR is as fact of haitian origen,
but there's no need to differ by nationalities,
just by proper paperwork Yes-No

Mike