Do Dominican men make good husbands ????????

dating a dominican

Jan 30, 2012
Reading the posts in this thread scared me out a little bit. I'm an asian girl dating an AWESOME dominican ( my 1st one and what an experience!). We first meet in 2007, we were lovers for 8 months before I left him since he was not ready to commit when I started to want more than being friends with benefits. ( At least he was honest and we never had a fight exempt once or two, which is normal in any relationship with its up and downs, always had a GREAT communication).

4 years later, I meet him again ( thanks to facebook!). Nothing has changed between us, everything was the same. It's been 3 weeks now, that I'm seeing him. Knowing him, I'm not expecting any commitment, just enjoying great time with such an amazing man. But if it ever go further, I will have to be careful from what I see and also from what I've read here in this thread.

I think Dominicans make good husbands but I doubt they thend to be serial cheaters and serial lovers.

I can tell they are dangerous. Dangerously seductive. Very flirty. Best lovers ever. They knows how to treat the ladies and make them melt, they are gentleman. They are amazing with their childrens or anybody's kids. Easy going. Great dancers.

I say that because that's what I see in my man. And in his dominican friends and brothers. They even flirt with me when my man is around me (He do nothing, I guess he trust me or don't care because he don't consider myself his girlfriend? I can't know but anyway it's on the women to put a stop to these flirt games). One of his brother did cheat many times on his gf during some parties and I was there. And when he was with his gf, he acts like normal, a real loving husband. None of my business and I respect his choice but I do feel bad for his gf, who is a great women and both seem to be in love. As for my man, he did flirt with few of my girlfriends. If they haven't told me, they might end up in bed. My girlfriends told me that if he hasn't sleep with me, they would go with him. ( That was 4 years ago but for now, I won't be surprise if he still flirting).

If an honest dominican could tell me why they tend to cheat or be serial lovers, it would be great to know.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dangerously seductive. Very flirty. Best lovers ever.

If an honest dominican could tell me why they tend to cheat or be serial lovers, it would be great to know.

Because as you said above we're the best lovers ever so we - In the interest of sharing - want every woman to experience that. Imagine those poor women who die without ever experiencing what it's like being with a Dominican...it's just not right. As for myself I promise to do anything in my power to bring that joy to as many women as possible. :bunny::bunny::bunny::smoke::smoke::cheeky:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Because as you said above we're the best lovers ever so we - In the interest of sharing - want every woman to experience that. Imagine those poor women who die without ever experiencing what it's like being with a Dominican...it's just not right. As for myself I promise to do anything in my power to bring that joy to as many women as possible. :bunny::bunny::bunny::smoke::smoke::cheeky:

Maybe it is me, but it always seems to be a non LATINAS saying the great Dominican lover. If you take a poll of 500 beautiful latinas they would never mess with a Dominican. Dominicans have a awful rep among latin women.

The reason why they make gringas feel so good its called RUNNIN GAME. Dominicans will make a 300 pound woman fell like she is Beyonce, American men and Puerto Ricans NEVER, because they do not need to scheme like Dominicans.

As for saying those poor women who never had the pleasure of being with a Dominican, go to San Juan PR and ask women do they feel slighted because they never been with a Dominican? Puerto Rican women don't deal with that bulls**t!!!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Actually, there are Dominican women on this board who chose Dominican husbands because of cultural similarities. I don't see anything wrong with this. I would probably not have chosen one because, I think, he will most likely cheat, and we have different cultural backgrounds. One of the things I have in common with them - I love music and I love to dance. That is what makes a latin man very attractive to females. That does not make them good husbands, of course. A lot of white men don't like to dance. :(

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Based on experience, the best lover are not the self-proclaimed one, but the others. But, confidence IS kinda sexy ;)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Reading the posts in this thread scared me out a little bit. I'm an asian girl dating an AWESOME dominican ( my 1st one and what an experience!). We first meet in 2007, we were lovers for 8 months before I left him since he was not ready to commit when I started to want more than being friends with benefits. ( At least he was honest and we never had a fight exempt once or two, which is normal in any relationship with its up and downs, always had a GREAT communication).

4 years later, I meet him again ( thanks to facebook!). Nothing has changed between us, everything was the same. It's been 3 weeks now, that I'm seeing him. Knowing him, I'm not expecting any commitment, just enjoying great time with such an amazing man. But if it ever go further, I will have to be careful from what I see and also from what I've read here in this thread.

I think Dominicans make good husbands but I doubt they thend to be serial cheaters and serial lovers.

I can tell they are dangerous. Dangerously seductive. Very flirty. Best lovers ever. They knows how to treat the ladies and make them melt, they are gentleman. They are amazing with their childrens or anybody's kids. Easy going. Great dancers.

I say that because that's what I see in my man. And in his dominican friends and brothers. They even flirt with me when my man is around me (He do nothing, I guess he trust me or don't care because he don't consider myself his girlfriend? I can't know but anyway it's on the women to put a stop to these flirt games). One of his brother did cheat many times on his gf during some parties and I was there. And when he was with his gf, he acts like normal, a real loving husband. None of my business and I respect his choice but I do feel bad for his gf, who is a great women and both seem to be in love. As for my man, he did flirt with few of my girlfriends. If they haven't told me, they might end up in bed. My girlfriends told me that if he hasn't sleep with me, they would go with him. ( That was 4 years ago but for now, I won't be surprise if he still flirting).

Nothing wrong with buddy calls, but it doesn't take respect out of the equation. You know very well that he will end up -if he didnt- fuc*ing one of your girlfriend.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Hey SHE said it NOT me...Now where did I put my stash of "La Pela"??????:cheeky:

Let me tell you our little secret: We, women could be oscar contenders when it come to that subject. We will encourage men who need an ego-boost ;)

God bless "La pela" :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
As for saying those poor women who never had the pleasure of being with a Dominican, go to San Juan PR and ask women do they feel slighted because they never been with a Dominican? Puerto Rican women don't deal with that bulls**t!!!

There are plenty of Puerto Ricans with Dominicans (a ton in fact)...but we prefer our Dominicanitas who tend to not have the crappy attitude of the typical Rican...

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
To put this into perspective, one has to gauge what someone's insecure and neurotic tendencies are before sallying forth with presumptuous and bombastic statements.

The above poster has had a grand total of ONE Dominican lover, and from that come the superlatives covering the whole Dominican male gender and how they must be amazing in every other social/family setting.

This coming from a self-confessed booty-call, and she's fine with that. Lack of proper perspective is what leads to much disappointment when these amazing Lotharios are imported, rest assured.

Walk around the DR and ask the average Dominican child where his father is, then come back and let us know how family-oriented they really are. Or better yet, ask them how many brothers and sisters they have from women other than their mothers.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

This is the best first post I've ever read on any forum anywhere. I can't stop laughing.

eduhr

Jan 30, 2011
Generalizations can be made about any group of people & there are always some who fit this & some who do not. Every person is different.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Generalizations can be made about any group of people & there are always some who fit this & some who do not. Every person is different.

muy astuto......blah blah blah...and another blah for good measure...

B in Santiago

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
There are plenty of Puerto Ricans with Dominicans (a ton in fact)...but we prefer our Dominicanitas who tend to not have the crappy attitude of the typical Rican...

And what pray tell makes Dominicanitas so much more simpatica than a typical "Rican"?

Inquiring minds wanna know...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Nonavailability of funds. LOL

LOL yeah that too...

I think the issue is that the typical Rican (Yeah I'm stereotyping) has sort of the same attitude Dominicanas who grow up in New York have, which is horrible because is a mix of the sassyness of Latinas with the "I don't need a man" attitude of some North American women . You know exactly what I'm talking about...

lbs720

Jul 2, 2009
Is my husband perfect..NO. But this is what got me..I had to have minor surgery. The anesthesia I received really did a number on me. I was sooo nauseous. Everytime I opened my eyes there was hubby with the basin waiting for me to vomit. Not once did he turn away. Held a cool cloth to my face etc... This after 20 years. So is he a good husband,,yes but is he pefect, no. I will take good over perfect.

Very nice comment. Good for you (and your good husband.)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
What makes dominicans good or bad husbands? Let me count the ways:
1.) We're handy men, good with our fingers, adept at pick-pocketing and tickling at the same time.
2.) We like to get you into the right position; we come at you in angles and curves. We're adept at throwing curve balls. We nearly invented the sport.
3.) We like to tease and caress...bringing you to a heightened state, and then distracting you while we canvass the place for your roommate, refrigerator, or pocketbook.
4.) We have agile wrists...capable of both pleasing and investigating hard to get to places.
5.) We stay in training...able to slow down and speed up as we go through all six gears. but sometimes we cannot find reverse and we get stuck in nuetral.
6.) We like to broaden our horizons, trying new inventions--or so we think--going places in the universe not meant for frequent travel.
7.) We like to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Unfortunately, some people go into a state of "Anaphylactic Shock" when we sting them. This neccessitates a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart. Sadly, dominicans do not carry this around and just continue doing our business while you slowly go unconscious. Oh well.
8.) When all else fails, we like to use the fabled Venus Butterlfy pill to simulate you. They're meant for horses or donkeys here; we purchase them at the Vet stores or pharmacies. they're about the size of a small tennis ball.
9.) We like to kiss and caress and touch sensitive areas until you break into what James Brown referred to as a "cold sweat!" When you reach this state, we come at you with that angle i referred to earlier, catching you by surprise. we continue stimulating you until you reach level 9. sometimes we wait unti you reach level 9.5, but that's another story. When you reach level 9, we better canvass the room, looking for any attractive roomates or neighbors nearby.
10.) When you reach level 10, we look for the elusive XYZ spot (white people are only familiar with G. We're far beyond that. There's 27 letters in the anglo alphabet, for the love of god.) Once we find the elusive XYZ spot, we tap it lightly--in much the same way a mechanic taps and gaps a spark plug before screwing it in.
11.) We like to keep you waiting. We know the just rewards of the wait. Yes, we're patient. We'll wait you out until you begin to scream, making your neighbors hate you.

Once your neighbors on all sides hate and loath you, we're satisifed and ready to leave. Satisfaction has been achieved. Goodnight.

I have a lot more, but i'll leave it for later.

Frank

Last edited:

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
A Dominican man does not make a good husband by NA women standard. Although while we normally like to provide to the family and go up in life we have the trait of infidelity which is deemed unacceptable and non-tolerable by NA women. We also like to run things at home, be the "leader", a thing a modern NA women does not accept, they want and normally accomplish the control in the house according to their "independent women" belief, even though they're married, a Dominican man will walk out of that situation faster than a NY minute.

In the bed is where we win our accolades with any women in the world, period.

Dominican women are accustomed to this machismo mentality and gladly grants the leadership of the house to a man if she respects him, if she doesn't then poor guy is in for a ride!

You sound like an American man in the 1950's. All it took was some education and bra burning for your kind to get 'weeded out'. They either got with the times or didn't procreate. Call it evolution.

Now we know why that 4% education thing is so important. Your mentality is what causes dominican women attribute their 'self worth' to either being baby factories, or beeper chika's to a rich politician who will throw them the occasional blackberry...

In short, your "atras con la muffler" thinking is holding back your country and your daughter's potential in this world.

Got that, toots!?