Dominican Superbugs ? or Baygon etc. mot working anymore !?

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Is it just me or does anybody else shares the same experience.
I used Baygon etc. in my House and found dead bugs for several days and the place was pest free at least for a while.
Now when i do the same, the roaches seem not to mind at all and appear after a few hour alive and well.
Can it be that because of all this new envirnmental laws and lawsuits against chemical companies etc. this stuff contains almost no poison anymore !?
Please share your thoughts and experiences because i'm loosing it LOL.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I use roach traps I get from Amazon. They must work because I never, ever see a roach.

81WMVpygJOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Same goes for the ant bait.

81D3MYgXqLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

both are poison they consume and take back to their nest and then feed it to the whole gang.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmer

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is it just me or does anybody else shares the same experience.
I used Baygon etc. in my House and found dead bugs for several days and the place was pest free at least for a while.
Now when i do the same, the roaches seem not to mind at all and appear after a few hour alive and well.
Can it be that because of all this new envirnmental laws and lawsuits against chemical companies etc. this stuff contains almost no poison anymore !?
Please share your thoughts and experiences because i'm loosing it LOL.
Lawsuits against chemical companies in the DR? Never heard of such a thing. Can you please post a few links?

Reactions: RDKNIGHT

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Lawsuits against chemical companies in the DR? Never heard of such a thing. Can you please post a few links?
Bayer as the producer of Baygon and many more has his fair share of Lawsuits against them or do you think they make a special Baygon for this market ???
Like the "Baygon DR Special Edition" LOL

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Bayer as the producer of Baygon and many more has his fair share of Lawsuits against them or do you think they make a special Baygon for this market ???
Like the "Baygon DR Special Edition" LOL
They could have a slightly different one for international markets and another for the USA. In a way it must be like cars. Ford cars in the USA and Ford cars in Argentina aren’t the same. The US ones have more things and a higher safety level than their counterparts in Argentina.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Baygon Verde Liquido spray in the green bottle still

Miesposa sprays this... on everything and everywhere 😩, just like she puts salsa rosada on every dish. But I digress.

She claims Baygon Verde Liquido is the most effective there is, and it's "immediate". We used to buy insecticides from Amazon, but she says Dominican insects laugh at those because it only tickles them and makes them stronger.🙂

Then there's this Dominican product they got from the campo... I forget the name... in sachets... most people seem to think it works like magic.

Does anyone know how to repel lizards? Our youngest is scared of them.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I use roach traps I get from Amazon. They must work because I never, ever see a roach.

81WMVpygJOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Same goes for the ant bait.

81D3MYgXqLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

both are poison they consume and take back to their nest and then feed it to the whole gang.
The ants are having little belly laughs at this right now as they make millions more baby ants waiting to march on your abode

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
They could have a slightly different one for international markets and another for the USA. In a way it must be like cars. Ford cars in the USA and Ford cars in Argentina aren’t the same. The US ones have more things and a higher safety level than their counterparts in Argentina.
well than the have here the "Non Working" version. :ROFLMAO: but seriously i found following statement in an article from the US Dep. of Agriculture: "Genetics and intensive application of insecticides are responsible for the rapid development of resistance in many insects and mites. Selection by an insecticide allows some insects with resistance genes to survive and pass the resistance trait on to their offspring."

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Direct spray on to kill and they won’t be able to build up resistance. I believe preventive spraying of areas is less effective. The picked up doses may be low enough to get used to and build up immunity. Better kill directly.
Watching sprayed on Baygon terminate a fullgrown cockroach in 20 seconds it sure is nasty stuff. And the stupid parfume smell does not act as a warning to stay out of these fumes. They say it’s harmless to humans, yeah right!

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
The Baygon green stuff works great as a contact killer. I don't think it provides much in the way of residual effect. Spread some boric acid powder or tablets around for that. The active ingredients in the sprays act on their nervous system and over the years they do lose their effectiveness. However, boric acid is a stomach poison and so far has been a pesticide they haven't figured out how to defeat. We had used every Dominican bait for the little sugar ants without any luck. I couldn't find the Terro bait stations with the liquid anywhere here. came back recently from the US with a box of 6 stations-BAM! Only needed to open one of them and set it in two places in the kitchen. They loved it. For about 24 hours.