Dominicans in Las Terrenas are fed up with Haitians

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
What you see in this situation in Las Terrenas is a clue about DR's future. Within less than a decade, Haitians will rule over this nation. Haitian gangs will take over entire neighborhoods & police won't be able to fight back. I would say before 2030 Dominicans will have lost their sovereignty. I am in Las Terrenas, I personally know the lady who is speaking. what she says is true, and it's only the beginning. There is no way to stop that. Just watch Haiti (that I know very very well for the past 3 decades).
Great, another Oracle

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What you see in this situation in Las Terrenas is a clue about DR's future. Within less than a decade, Haitians will rule over this nation. Haitian gangs will take over entire neighborhoods & police won't be able to fight back. I would say before 2030 Dominicans will have lost their sovereignty. I am in Las Terrenas, I personally know the lady who is speaking. what she says is true, and it's only the beginning. There is no way to stop that. Just watch Haiti (that I know very very well for the past 3 decades).
Every week members of Haitian gangs are caught trying to enter at the border. If you try something enough times you will get it. Some people are like ostriches, they put their heads in the sand because you know, out of sight means out of mind so it doesn’t exist and the possibility it will become a bigger problem is zero. Kind of reminds the several writings of people from before the Haitian Revolution happened that said one day the tables will be turned. One guy, an American that visited Haiti before it was Haiti, referred to it as a volcano that will erupt at any time. I don’t know how many peopke took him seriously before the revolution, but those were were true down to the tee. :unsure:

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
The "sexo en la calle" sounds like a lie, if it was true someone would've filmed it and posted it on Fayboo already.
Yes, and the question is who are the customers of these ladies of the street?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The "sexo en la calle" sounds like a lie, if it was true someone would've filmed it and posted it on Fayboo already.
If it was mostly Dominicans seeing that, certainly. But Haitians aren’t known for videotapping everything with a smart phone. According to them, already Haitians outnumber Dominicans in that neighborhood and the complaint is of prostitution taking place in that neighborhood. This started when the Haitian prostitutes began to ply their trade in that neighborhood and the woman with her daughter encounter the prostitutes having sex in the streets.The insecurity she is having is due that rather than responding to her complaint with taking that behind closed doors, instead the prostitute(s) threatened to kill her right there iin front of her dauughter. She has also received threats that her house will be burned.They are also claiming that there is a sort of “Dominican flight” as the the Dominicana still there are selling their homes and moving elsewhere.

Considering most Haitians in the DR are young men and the prostitutes are plying their trade in what essentially is a Haitian neighborhood rather than going to areas of Las Terrenas where there are more Dominicans and/or a nice presence of expats/tourists, is it much of a mystery who most of the customers probably are?

Reactions: PCMike

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
For you guys who are not taking this situation seriously, just have a deep look at Sweden. Take a good look at Sweden in the 1980s, now take a good look at 2024 Sweden. Those foolish Swedes were just like you. Now they are crying because they lost their nation. DR is like Sweden, it's already too late.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
For you guys who are not taking this situation seriously, just have a deep look at Sweden. Take a good look at Sweden in the 1980s, now take a good look at 2024 Sweden. Those foolish Swedes were just like you. Now they are crying because they lost their nation. DR is like Sweden, it's already too late.
Not to mention London.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sweden wanted migrants and willingly let them in. Those poor Swedes are suffering now. As seem to be the Brits.

The DR has built some semblance of a wall at the Haitian border with troops doing some amount of manning that wall.
The DR has big green buses that deport illegals. Do they need more usage? Sure..
Enforcing the laws against illegal Hattians being allowed to work would be helpful as well.

Similar to Sweden? But different. What more can the DR do aside from shooting those trying to cross the border illegally?

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I haven't seen that either. I haven't seen anyone peeing on peeing on the light pole in the center of town either but, once you get just a little out of town, it's common to see someone just pull off the side of the road and take a wiz in plain view.

I've seen this on the highways in Canada...if you gotta go..you gotta go..

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've seen this on the highways in Canada...if you gotta go..you gotta go..
Most people will at least wander back in the bushes and be a little discreet about and I doubt you see it as frequently in Canada as you do here. It was rare that I saw this in the US,

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Sweden wanted migrants and willingly let them in. Those poor Swedes are suffering now. As seem to be the Brits.

The DR has built some semblance of a wall at the Haitian border with troops doing some amount of manning that wall.
The DR has big green buses that deport illegals. Do they need more usage? Sure..
Enforcing the laws against illegal Hattians being allowed to work would be helpful as well.

Similar to Sweden? But different. What more can the DR do aside from shooting those trying to cross the border illegally?
Dominicans aren’t responsible for what happens in Haiti that is pushing so many Haitians to immigrate, but Dominicans do share part of the blame for the pull factors that attract Haitians to the DR. Part of the reason so many Haitians cross the border is due to the Haitian presence already in the DR and the effect of chain migration (one go back to Haiti and returns to the DR with new Haitians or the rest of his family.)

Border controls were strict and began to be relaxed when the PRD came to power for the first time in 1978. The irony is that the head figure of the PRD was José Francisco Peña Gómez (his real name was Oggi Pie born to two biological Haitians but adopted by a Dominican family.) The criticisms from a segment of the Dominican population towards the new relaxed policy towards migration was simply explained as the result of racism and that it was anti-Haitianism and anti-Peña for being Haitian and black. In all comes down to the (erroneous) belief that anyone that is against the Haitianizing of the DR is a racist. In their eyes the further Haitianizing of the DR is good because in the long run it will result in destroying the racist Dominicans. Then they wonder why a segment of the population calls them pro-Haitians and full of self-hate and hatred for all things Dominican.

Reactions: cavok

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Personally, I think many in those groups are projecting as they often are more conscious of color and seem to be very Afrocentrics that it leaves you wondering if their support of further Haitianizing the DR is based solelybthat most Haitians are blacks. They downplay things like the public health issue and focus on other things where essentially they are trying to present Haitians as better than Dominicans. This goes down to very mundaine things too.

For example, they will mention things such as Haitian art is better known around the world than Dominican art. It certainly is true that Haitian art is better known, but the best art and design school in the country and one of the best in Latin America is Chavón School of Design. Lets ignore this is a Dominican school. Lets also turn a blind eye to the fact there are more art museums and art galleries in the DR than in Haiti despite having similar population sizes.

That is just art but you will see thie in many other things and ironically, it isn’t done by the Haitians themselves but by Dominicans that happen to be pro-Haitians.

They go on and on about the Haitians being better at education than Dominicans, yet the top universities on the island all happen to be Dominican and they aren’t full of Haitian students. I wouldn’t be surprised if more Dominicans are sent to earn college degrees abroad and then have to apply their knowledge in the DR than the same with Haiti and Haitians. I would also no be surprised that most of the scholarships on the island are from the DR and most of the beneficiaries are Dominicans too.

The number one in tourism is the DR. The largest manufacturing and free trade zones sectors are the Dominican ones. Santiago is the center of the global cigar industry and Santiago is in the DR. Etc… None of that happen by chance or out of thin air or without the Dominicans being the creators of what eventually lead to all of that.

These are things you notice, but normally don’t say.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Same in the Netherlands and Belgium. The only smart nation in NW Europe are the Danes.

Reactions: Squat and Liberator