Doninican Business Model

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Since when is the Dominican government opposed to monopolies?[/QUOT

the Dominican government is very big on protecting the strong. why do you believe that the list of manufacturers making tainted salami has never been released? in the USA, all the names would have been on the 6 o clock news. 60 minutes would have already been all over them, like a cheap suit. in the DR, it is guys like Induveca that get their asses covered by government orders to the media to keep their yaps shut.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I think when it comes down to their kids like Brugal, Presidente, and Helados Bon they will protect these guys at all cost. Going into every colmado and seeing a Presidente cooler is a bit of an overkill. I have never saw a Coors Light cooler in the DR. I applaud the DR for protecting its own brands before allowing a giant like Nestle to come in a manipulate the market like they have done in other markets.

You want read something really funny? If you buy Cheerios in Chicago is made by General Mills, but in Santo Domingo its by Nestle. If you buy Haagen Dazs in Chicago its produce by Nestle and in Santo Domingo its produce by General Mills.

that is some very interesting news..i am sad that Nestle is gone..i still think Milo is the best chocolate drink on the planet. i once saw a few cans in La Sirena, but never again.