DR1 getting boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
What ever happened to the great debates and online fights that made DR1 so much fun a few years ago? Political correctness has overtaken DR1 and made it a boring forum, I used to make sure I logged in 2-3 times a day to see what was going on and who had fallen in love with a sankie, but now its 20 hellos from new posters who never post again and just boring questions, The questions are relavent but this board has lost its mojo from banning so many characters, Guess Im just getting it out of my system and wondered who else feels the same.

So, in the words of the world's greatest band, take a sad song and make it better.

Waaaaah. No mercy.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It's Colombia with an "O".

Actually, right now I'm in Scotland :)

Although, thinking it through, and giving benefit of doubt (not something that comes easily to me)....maybe OP is enrolled at Columbia University...in NYC? ERRRMMMM....I am just trying to be fair and square here. MAYBE?

Sorry: geographic distance is no excuse for flat-out schtoopid.

There: I said it.

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I've said this before-the energy seems to have been sucked from the room for the time being.

The get-togethers in NYC quietly fizzled out.

The antagonisms went from the Living, General, and Mars/Venus sections to Off-Topic, where the tone became a bit more sinister and problematic.

The manner in which people go at each other, with the insults and insensitive, tone-deaf viewpoints that cut deep, make it difficult for any type of end-of-the-day camaraderie to develop, regardless of the fact that it's the internet and people shouldn't take it so seriously. Fact is, they do.

None of this has anything to do with political correctness run amok. Robert has stated on more than one occasion he absolutely despises political correctness, and he's the one who sets the rules. Posters getting banned for whatever reason do so with ample warning from the mods, so if they get sent on an iron vacation it's THEIR fault for not heeding the warnings. There are exceptions, of course, but those exceptions in my experience are rare.

The other thing is, people move on with their lives and other things take precedence. The people who don't post as much, if at all, like they used to, have not been replaced by others with similar personalities. Hence the vacuum that has yet to be filled.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The antagonisms went from the Living, General, and Mars/Venus sections to Off-Topic, where the tone became a bit more sinister and problematic.

The manner in which people go at each other, with the insults and insensitive, tone-deaf viewpoints that cut deep, make it difficult for any type of end-of-the-day camaraderie to develop, regardless of the fact that it's the internet and people shouldn't take it so seriously. Fact is, they do.

None of this has anything to do with political correctness run amok. Robert has stated on more than one occasion he absolutely despises political correctness, and he's the one who sets the rules. Posters getting banned for whatever reason do so with ample warning from the mods, so if they get sent on an iron vacation it's THEIR fault for not heeding the warnings. There are exceptions, of course, but those exceptions in my experience are rare.

The other thing is, people move on with their lives and other things take precedence. The people who don't post as much, if at all, like they used to, have not been replaced by others with similar personalities. Hence the vacuum that has yet to be filled.

Nailed it!

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I take a couple of months off from posting due to working my tail off and long term members got banned? Who?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
What ever happened to the great debates and online fights that made DR1 so much fun a few years ago? Political correctness has overtaken DR1 and made it a boring forum, I used to make sure I logged in 2-3 times a day to see what was going on and who had fallen in love with a sankie, but now its 20 hellos from new posters who never post again and just boring questions, The questions are relavent but this board has lost its mojo from banning so many characters, Guess Im just getting it out of my system and wondered who else feels the same.

This is the "can't we all just along" version of DR1. I think many of these people figured it is not really worth the effort when you get silenced by mods who have nothing better to do than close the thread in the name of civility. That is the current state of DR1

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Have to agree bad man if I recall you usto have a good one called ask badpiec33.
Yes most of the fun people have been kicked out my boy RacerX has been gone a while now.
Now it is a lot of fear mongering and policy wat to be tipes.
Not so fun any more. Thank god for ccccc.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is the "can't we all just along" version of DR1. I think many of these people figured it is not really worth the effort when you get silenced by mods who have nothing better to do than close the thread in the name of civility. That is the current state of DR1

You are free to leave. Email me for a refund.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Have to agree bad man if I recall you usto have a good one called ask badpiec33.
Yes most of the fun people have been kicked out my boy RacerX has been gone a while now.
Now it is a lot of fear mongering and policy wat to be tipes.
Not so fun any more. Thank god for ccccc.

There seems to be a lot fewer posts per day than there oce was. I suppose if I knew how I cold look that up, but that is how it seems to me.
Der Fish

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
After one mosquito borne disease after another , I think a chronic fatigue syndrome of the brain has set in among the posters that remain. Next years mosquito may be the final blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.