Driving At Night

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That's great. Consider yourself blessed. By comparison, I've has zero incidents in 10.5 years at nights, all over the country, but was able to avoid a few.

But that does not mean driving at night is not far riskier than driving during the day because the MoH finding say otherwise.

Additionally, the roads at night get a tad safer after 9pm, according to stats. By them most drunks are home.

I have been very fortunate with avoiding accidents as well, and I attribute it to my driving slow. I seldom go faster than 45 mph unless I am on the Autopista Duarte going to and from up North.

The rest of the time, I drive like an old fogey.

There are few accidents I've seen here that couldn't be avoided by driving slower.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have been very fortunate with avoiding accidents as well, and I attribute it to my driving slow. I seldom go faster than 45 mph unless I am on the Autopista Duarte going to and from up North.

The rest of the time, I drive like an old fogey.

There are few accidents I've seen here that couldn't be avoided by driving slower.
Yup. I rarely go faster than 110kph on the autopista. Rarely. Even on a bike.

Going fast here doesn't get you to where you're going any faster because of the traffic in urban and suburban areas...which are everywhere.