Ebola and The Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's never a bad thing to have a lot of info so no need to argue about it. I think most of us are wise enough to make decisions for ourselves. Look what came out after asking about hand sanitizer while on an airplane

WesttJet has joined Air Canada and Air Transat in allowing flight attendants to wear medical-grade gloves as protection against Ebola.

?We are going to provide medical-grade gloves for our flight attendants who wish to wear them,? a WestJet spokesman said via email on Friday.

Source
Air Canada announced it had approved use of gloves by its flight attendants on Thursday.

Air Canada flight attendants to wear gloves against Ebola
Ebola screenings to take place at airports in 6 Canadian cities
The fear over spread of Ebola is driven by the case of the Texas nurse who flew on a commercial U.S. flight who has now been diagnosed with Ebola.

WestJet allows gloves as flight crews worldwide worry about Ebola - 24News.ca

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's never a bad thing to have a lot of info so no need to argue about it. I think most of us are wise enough to make decisions for ourselves. Look what came out after asking about hand sanitizer while on an airplane

WesttJet has joined Air Canada and Air Transat in allowing flight attendants to wear medical-grade gloves as protection against Ebola.

“We are going to provide medical-grade gloves for our flight attendants who wish to wear them,” a WestJet spokesman said via email on Friday.

Source
Air Canada announced it had approved use of gloves by its flight attendants on Thursday.

Air Canada flight attendants to wear gloves against Ebola
Ebola screenings to take place at airports in 6 Canadian cities
The fear over spread of Ebola is driven by the case of the Texas nurse who flew on a commercial U.S. flight who has now been diagnosed with Ebola.

WestJet allows gloves as flight crews worldwide worry about Ebola - 24News.ca

And that is a very good idea as protection against sweaty hands.(fluids) An extra precaution.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Bronzie,

Maybe you need to go into isolation until all diseases worldwide are contained. We now have a foursome who think you are a scare mongerer. Stay in your house, wash your hands constantly and for god's sake don't order pizza. WHO says you can get it from delivered food. LOL.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Take that advice for yourself. Those who are fearful will try anything from finding out the truth
about the virus. Me, I said before , I don't care what anyone does or believes. When this virus
gets out of control it is every man for himself. Do and believe what you like. I could care less.

Those who are fearful are the ones who mock. No valuable info at all. Good, join the crowd. What's one more?:classic:

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I do not anticipate that it will get "out of control".

Experts have said including WHO that since it is out of control in Africa, if not enough
is done, it will be out of control for the rest of us. Right now the WHO has said that they are not even
close to containing the virus.

From the co discoverer of the ebola virus Peter Piot:

Looking back, the mistakes are easy to see: Waiting too long, spending too little, relying on the wrong people, thinking small when they needed to think big. Many people, governments and agencies share the blame for failing to contain Ebola when it emerged in West Africa.

Now they share the herculean task of trying to end an epidemic that has sickened more than 9,000, killed more than 4,500, seeded cases in Europe and the United States, and is not even close to being controlled.

"By the time we recognized this was serious, the genie was already out of the bottle," said Michael Osterholm, a University of Minnesota public health expert. "Nobody is to blame because everybody is to blame."

In April, Doctors Without Borders warned that the outbreak was out of control, but a WHO spokesman insisted it wasn't. In May, the funeral of a traditional healer in Sierra Leone spread the virus to hundreds of people.

"It was a turning point. It refueled the epidemic in Guinea and it was the start of major epidemics in Liberia and Sierra Leone," said Dr. Peter Piot, co-discoverer of the Ebola virus and director of London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

Little went smoothly. WHO's Guinea office was accused of not helping a team of experts get visas to that country. Some $500,000 in aid was held up by red tape.

In early July, Piot "called for a state of emergency to be declared and for military operations to be deployed," he said.

It didn't happen.

Read more:Mission unaccomplished: Containing the Ebola virus in Africa | syracuse.com

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
XO,and a LOT of OTHERS here, only think about Blacks in the USA, the others don't count!!!!
?Out Of Control? means in Africa TOO!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Until such time as there is a verified case of Ebola on DR (Hopefully never), this thread is closed

Take your comments to the Ebola thread in Off Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.