Get custody of my child:

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
What you think is best, is not always legal. There may be adverse consequences to your actions. Depending on the child's age, you could even do harm. Take the good advice previously, chilll out, help your child financially, develop a relationship and see what happens overtime.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
Many people have a preconceived notion that the child is better with the mother.

just like many foreigners have a preconcieved notion that thier child will be BETTER off in the USA because they have better better better...

not saying you wouldn't do all you could for your child just that...
sometimes money doesn't buy as much as we like in life

hope the best for your child :)

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Many people have a preconceived notion that the child is better with the mother.

just like many foreigners have a preconcieved notion that thier child will be BETTER off in the USA because they have better better better...

not saying you wouldn't do all you could for your child just that...
sometimes money doesn't buy as much as we like in life

hope the best for your child :)

It's not only that the developed countries have better education etc. It's also that most men who have children with Dominican women are better educated than the mothers. Let me ask you a question. Don't you think that a child will have a better change for a good future being raised by someone who's educated and understands the importance of a good education than being raised by a woman who hardly can read?

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
education is a fine thing to have
so is proper medical facilities and nice homes
and all the neat pretty things the world has to offer

my point is money doesn't buy character, respect, culture...ect

just because the father has all these things and the mother is a poor dominican DOES not mean the child will be better off with the father..

before everyone thinks i'm a father basher...
i raised my son by myself since he was 2 1/2 and i'm a man
there is that mother child bond that my son will never have
i think i did a good job yet there are things he will never know or feel that a mother can give better than a father

and my point from the start is alot of gringos think money and what it can buy is more important than anything the mother can give...that because they HAVE it and the mother DOESN'T...
that the child is DEFINITELY better with them

on that issue i disagree.

Reactions: MikeFisher

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
For the OP. You ask a question and then call us who are experienced and been through this ignorant, some of us answered in the hope of helping you. If you don't like what you hear then dismiss it why ask, some of us have first hand recent experience.
Now as for living in the USA being better than here, I doubt many none Americans would agree but that is individual preference and opinions. Also the fact you think money can support a child better than a poor mother then you are very green at this parenting game, you can't just chuck cash at a child and expect it to develope well, they need to be shown love and love and attention is by far more important than anything else you think cash can produce.
If you have your head in the right place then do as I am doing, I took all into consideration, couldn't face separating or being responsible for the stress a separation and legal process would cause, so decided to support them from here, **** job, normal Dominican living standards but I have my daughter with me every day and I can support her give her the love and attention that she deserves and he'll, life isn't all that horrific without the big salary.
Maybe think about whether this whole thing is about you.....or your daughter?

Jun 18, 2007
education is a fine thing to have
so is proper medical facilities and nice homes
and all the neat pretty things the world has to offer

my point is money doesn't buy character, respect, culture...ect

just because the father has all these things and the mother is a poor dominican DOES not mean the child will be better off with the father..

before everyone thinks i'm a father basher...
i raised my son by myself since he was 2 1/2 and i'm a man
there is that mother child bond that my son will never have
i think i did a good job yet there are things he will never know or feel that a mother can give better than a father

and my point from the start is alot of gringos think money and what it can buy is more important than anything the mother can give...that because they HAVE it and the mother DOESN'T...
that the child is DEFINITELY better with them

on that issue i disagree.

A question. What withheld your son having such a bond with his mother? Did she pass away or...?

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
we divorced

she didn't want the problems of a child and although i wasn't ready for it i figured he was entitled to have at least 1 parent.
courts felt i would be the better parent

now this is my view and hers may be different

people forget that there is 3 sides to every family
the mom...the dad....and the child
mom and dad usually pay NO attention to the 3rd side when they are angry with each other...
too set in thier minds that they wiill do better than the other

i am glad i got the opportunity toi raise my child.....
alot of fathers never get that chance

Jun 18, 2007
we divorced

she didn't want the problems of a child and although i wasn't ready for it i figured he was entitled to have at least 1 parent.
courts felt i would be the better parent

now this is my view and hers may be different

people forget that there is 3 sides to every family
the mom...the dad....and the child
mom and dad usually pay NO attention to the 3rd side when they are angry with each other...
too set in thier minds that they wiill do better than the other

i am glad i got the opportunity toi raise my child.....
alot of fathers never get that chance

You said it yourself that she didn't want anything to do with the child which is fairly rare from the cases I know about. Sorry to be FRANK but with such a way of thinking I think the child was better off not having a bound with his mom.
I congratulate you on the responsibility you took on and I envy you.

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
I have come across some women that have expressed their regret at having had children and their willingness to pawn off the responsibility. (None of them are Dominicans, btw) These women are in the minority, but do exist.

I have no idea what the deal is with the OP, and can't say where his child would be better off. I guess it depends more on the mother than economics or geography.

Personally, I'd have to be convinced the mother of my my child was a raving lunatic before I considered seperating my child from her... but there wouldn't be anyone that could stop me if it came to that. I'd move mountains. And reality is that the DR authorities are really good at putting on a show... but not so much at real policing and enforcement.

Reactions: Africaida