Gifts for Chicas

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
now translate that into spanish, tell someone that and you REALLY get a gift.....:laugh:

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
What we do before visiting, we send a box a month ahead of us, when we arrive the box is there and we distribute the goodies. It ensures EVERYONE gets a gift and we dont have to carry too much ourselves.

Then at the end of the trip, my sister and I leave alll our summer clothing to the local girls, distant cousins we had never met, anyone that we think needs, wants or appreciates it(the maids at the resorts LOVE that, and we always leave them creams, trinkets like necklaces and bracelets). After all, we only have 3months of summer at most in the US, and by the time another summer rolls around you end up buying new clothing anyways.

And everytime we go back, they are still wearing the stuff we give them! And they will always be running around trying to make us happy, getting us the DULCE'S we love, carne frita, whatever we want, because they appreciate that we never forget them on our trips there.
Good for you! My earliest trip to the DR was to a shipyard at Salinas, near Bani, West of SD. We left used clothing for the shipyard workers when we left. Two years later, on a return visit, it was interesting to be greeted by the same shipyard workers wearing smiles and the crew shirts we gave them two years previous!!