Guy dies in meat crusher La Cadena

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I hope they threw away all the meat!:bored:

Or people will have their first taste of Soylent green.

What a horrible way to go. Reminds me of a time when I worked a summer job during high school at COLECO. They were making video games in the area where I worked. Someone had their head in the way of an injection molding machine as it came down to create another case for a game. They had defeated a safety switch and deserved a Darwin award for that. I think we did get the rest of that day off.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nah. if you think they cleaned and disinfected the machine you're a dreamer. they just removed the bigger pieces and then it's work as usual...

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I dont get it. Been to this super a million times and I just cant conceive that they have a meat grinder in the back big enough to kill a man. I guess he slipped and went head first... poor guy... poor family.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
He was pulled in by his sleeve - it is too horrendous to imagine - I think that's why we resort to tasteless jokes.
The supermarket is being criticised for its decision to remain open yesterday. A Facebook post by the mother of a customer who was at the supermarket is doing the rounds:

No hay compasi?n. Frente al desmedro de todos los valores que nos han inculcado ancestralmente a trav?s de la fe, no existe nada m?s importante que aquello que no sea met?lico. Ni siquiera en Mi?rcoles Santo. Y el dinero es una mierda. Aquellos que lo tienen saben muy bien que lo es. Quienes no lo tienen lo saben de una manera m?s dram?tica. Hoy mi hija Trilce Marie lleg? a hacer su compra en el supermercado La Cadena de la Ave. Nu?ez de C?ceres. Era mediod?a. El ?accidente? hab?a ocurrido cerca de las ocho de la ma?ana. Ella recorri? las g?ndolas con el carrito, compr? las cosas que necesitaba y se detuvo en las estanter?as donde la carne fresca se exhibe empaquetada para elegir la que llevar?a. Cuando se aprest? a pagar, la cajera nerviosa no atinaba a atenderla de manera correcta y en ese momento empezaron a llegar los periodistas con sus c?maras y sus micr?fonos. Pregunt? que pasaba y le dijeron eso. ?Esta ma?ana hubo un accidente con uno de los empleados de carnicer?a?. Pregunt?: ?Pero est? vivo??. Le dijeron que no, que estaba muerto. Nadie quer?a explicarle y en ese momento, ante su insistencia de saber lleg? una de las administradoras incre?blemente molesta con la situaci?n de la prensa y el caos que empezaba a armarse. Trilce pag? y el muchacho que le llev? la compra al carro le explic? los acontecimientos. Muy temprano, un joven carnicero qued? agarrado en una manga de su bata blanca por la trituradora de carne. Una parte de su cuerpo qued? destrozada y desangrada all? mismo. En la carnicer?a de La Cadena. Mi hija llor? cuando el empacador, que hab?a visto la escena, se la describi?. Me llam? por tel?fono para hacerme una pregunta para la cual no tengo respuesta. ?Mami, estaba muerto ah? toda la ma?ana, todav?a estaba ah? en un charco de sangre. El supermercado segu?a funcionando como si nada hasta que lleg? la prensa y los due?os hasta se molestaron. Ten?an que haber cerrado. Ni siquiera por un asunto de salubridad p?blica, que era mandatorio, sino por humanidad. Segu?an ah? como si nada, como si una vida humana no se hubiera perdido all? mismo, un compa?ero de trabajo?. Los obligaron a seguir trabajando nerviosos a todos aquellos infelices, como si nada hubiera pasado. El dinero es una mierda, pens?. Los due?os de La Cadena, son una mierda, dije. Y no hay compasi?n. Y no hay nada. Y nos estamos quedando sin nada. Despu?s de llegar la prensa, cerraron el supermercado.

I feel for his family and friends, and for his colleagues who witnessed the scene.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i find this description overly dramatic. reminds of ever present crosses lining roads in poland where car accidents happen. so what? should i put a cross everywhere a person died? should i halt the word? prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone? the life goes on living. the bread needs to be baked, dinner needs to be cooked and eaten.

the supermarket should not have been closed. the carniceria? yes. they need to remove the body, clean everything, see to the safely and well being of the remaining workers.

and i think they need to rethink the clothing. the guy was pulled into the machine by his loose sleeve. maybe some changes are needed. reminds me of the cape issue from pixar's the incredibles.