Haiti can not catch a break

Reina

Feb 2, 2007
Are you kidding? a blessing? you call thousands of people dead, homeless, sick, scared, and unemployed a blessing? You have some serious problems. I am so outraged by your statement, that I better not continue this reply or I will find myself band most likely from DR1.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ok there is no way to take the loss of more than 100,000 lives as a blessing

but there is a bright side

to wit

there is massive massive massive aid coming in from all over the world

every country is now committed to SEEING it through

they will not be able to leave as they did after the last storms, leaving Gonaives still one third in the mud

The international press is not going let them leave the job undone

Citizens from all over the world are going to want accountability for the millions donated, the billion pledged

Already, thousands of Haitians are moving out of PaP back to the countryside where at least they may be able to scratch out food

Much of PAP which collapsed--. needed collapsing..

Did ANYONE see REBAR in the shots of the fallen Hotel Montana?

i did not

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Much of PAP which collapsed--. needed collapsing..
Eh, I would say it needed redevelopment, not necessarily to collapse. But, I know what you're trying to say.

mountainannie said:
Did ANYONE see REBAR in the shots of the fallen Hotel Montana?
I didn't notice any, but that's because I was not focusing on that. However, after everyone had given up on rescuing anyone from the hotel, the owner of the hotel was found ALIVE in the rubble of.... the hotel!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Eh, I would say it needed redevelopment, not necessarily to collapse. But, I know what you're trying to say.

I didn't notice any, but that's because I was not focusing on that. However, after everyone had given up on rescuing anyone from the hotel, the owner of the hotel was found ALIVE in the rubble of.... the hotel!

Check on the Rebar in the Montana shots, would you, NALS?

and then she died
after being pulled out---

Israel has already set up a field hospital

YouTube - Israeli Field Hospital at Port-au-Prince / Hospital de Campo Israel? en Port-au-Prince
Turkey has already sent two planes full of supplies, including a field hospital

and from their post on Relief WEB

"Turkish Red Crescent will continue to support the people of Haiti to deal with results of the tragic event and will not leave them alone in their worst days. "