HIV/AIDS Study In Sosua

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
BUr dominicans, puerto ricans no they do not wear condoms. women are just objects for them to enjoy hint hint with no condom or anything in the culture.

I dont understand how one person can speak for an entire nationality.............:surprised

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
I can speak about the culture on behalf of the culture. Of course everyone does not fit the stereotype as with any culture. But being someone who was raised in puerto rican and dominican neighborhoods 24/7, I know how it is. It is a reputation that the guys have and many try to live up to. that is how they are in a lot of cases. No condom, many women=more cultural respect

condom=wussy and no respect in a lot of cases

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
gringobachata7 said:
Many men laugh when gringos wear condoms.
WTF, there ain't no man who has seen this gringo wearing a condom, let alone laugh at me. What are you doing modeling condoms to men?

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
you dont think the girls talk? those prostitutes talk and the other ones know the slimey details and tigres laugh. locals hear about gringos wearing condoms and laugh. real men dont wear condoms is how a lot of dr men thinkk. why do you think there are so many kids out of wedlock? is this because people are being cautious?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
How about STD's? I would not think it is fun walking around with the clap or herpes or, God forbid, unwanted pregnancies!!!!

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
i use a condom personally. i am a pansy, i have been laughed at. i have been looked down on. i have had tigres looking at me like i am crazy. i loked at it like this. i dont want my thing chopped off and i like to use it on women. it needs to be able to survive. i am not going to get an std, i dont even touch putas because i know that condoms sometimes still allow std like herpes. all it takes is for their mouth to touch the skin on it ot a hole it in. it could break! you figure each putas has been with at least 1000 men in some places. some crazy stuff there.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I once had a friend who was gay. He had ONE, one night stand, unprotected. He died 10 months later of AIDS....

Statistics are what statistics are... you can read them how you would like to interprete them.

Your chances of being hit by lightning might be 3 times bigger, but you will feel (and smell...) like nuked bacon when it does.

Even CCCC admits he only got a 69 on his AIDS-test (lol...). Now if he had been carefull he would have gotten a 96 (and a squashed prostitute... )

BelgianK

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
"Looks" can be decieving!
"Old Hookers never die,they just lower their prices
"HIV/AIDS" is a terrible illness.
However,it is also "Big Business"!
NGOs,Drug Companies,"Charities, all want a "Piece-of-the-Pie",a BIG piece!
I worked in medical research for almost 30 years.
Nothing like a "cause" to keep getting your grant money!
More lives would be saved,by giving clean water,and vaccinating poor children against "Common" diseases,than pouring billions into AIDS research.
Besides,like the "Plague" in the Middle Ages,a certain percentage of the population would not be affected anyway.
Then we "Start Over" with stronger STOCK!
CC

Like Global Warming, its a big business with green companies, newspapers saying the sky is falling, scientists and universities getting billions in grants, and polticians calling for 'carbon taxes' - all in to ride the gravy train. In the meantime the climate changes like its always done.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
CCC you've let me down. I thought you were a funny wise old cynic, but this time you're just scientifically wrong sorry.

Just because research grant money is being chased cynically, just because a 'cause' is being turned into a product, and just because more children can be saved with clean water, doesn't mean you should diddle putas in sosua on saturday without a condom, and diddle your wife at home on monday also without a condom.

If you want to expose yourself to risk, cool, it's your russian roulette. But why expose those around you??

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I quit having sexual relations,and most other relations as well,with my beautiful wife about 5 years ago.
She decided she likes "Yodeling In The Canon",better than playing"Hide The Hotdog" with me.
Now,at least we have SOMETHING in common!
"It's All Good"!
How much money does Marlo Thomas take home touting "St.Judes Hospital"???
How many millions did "Jerry's Kids" make for Jerry?
Like I said,I did medical "Research" for 25 years.
We called our funding,"Intellectual Welfare"!
The motto was,"If you can't WOW them with wisdom,Baffle them With BULL$HIT"!
I think the so called "AIDS research paper" above certainly qualifies with the latter!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I'm not Cynical,I'm CONVINCED!!!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
this getting a little weird,,,,,,,,motoconchos look down on you for wearing a condom ?

I agree with your statement. WTF? I never had or heard a conversation that went like this from either sex: I was with this man/woman last night and you can bet your azz I didn't use a condom. WHAT??? Do some people have that conversation every time they are with someone?
All I can say to the poster who said Dominicans laugh at someone who uses condoms is that I never met one who didn't use one. It was never suggested to me to have unprotected sex. Nobody even hinted that they would not have sex IF a condom was required.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I am not condoning going bareback, but these are stats from the American Medical Journal (2010):

The odds of contracting HIV, after having unprotected vaginal intercourse one time:

If the person is know to be HIV+ = 1 / 8000

If the person is in a high risk group = 1 / 1.5 million

If the person is in a low risk group = 1 / 5 million

For comparison sake, the odds of getting hit by lightning is 1 / 600,000. In the USA the high risk group is considered homosexual males, IV drug users, and hemophiliacs - as of 2010 female sex workers were not on that list (not sure about the DR). Fortunately for men, the odds of men contracting HIV from a woman are significantly lower than a woman being infected by a man.

There are only 4 fluids that can contain HIV. Blood, semen, vaginal fluid, and breast milk. Saliva, tears, precum, mucus, ect, can not contain high enough amounts HIV to infect someone. Also keep in mind that the HIV virus can only survive outside the body for a fraction of a second. When it comes in contact with oxygen it instantly dies. So getting it from oral sex is nearly impossible.

Basically, for a male to contract HIV, he needs to be with an infected partner, who has an open cut or wound in her vagina, and has an open cut or wound on his penis. Those two open wounds must come into contact, and blood from the female must enter the bloodstream of the male (or vice versa).

Unprotected anal sex can cause tearing and bleeding in the anus and the penis - the odds go WAY WAY up if you do that. That is why homosexual males are in the high risk group.

Many researchers believe that without an existing open cut or sore on your penis / vagina, the odds of contracting HIV from vaginal sex are nearly impossible.

On the other side of the fence, every single article, medical journal, and study I have ever read suggests wearing a condom for all types of sexual activity.

Now having sex with a known person infected with HIV is absolutely stupid, but the risk is not as high as some people think.

Interesting post, two comments, one is that you should also mention the effect of woman's period on transmission rate of vaginal intercourse. It will increase substantially even just before or after due small amount of blood release.

Second, according to these stats and your reasoning the HIV epidemic in Africa should be down to gays and drug users. But the HIV is prevalent in large heterosexual population, male and female who contract it through normal vaginal sex !? And now it's being mainly transmitted through this method too.

I read these somewhere but have no time to look for the links and stats, gota get back to work, damn !(let us know if you find any stats on them).

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Interesting post, two comments, one is that you should also mention the effect of woman's period on transmission rate of vaginal intercourse. It will increase substantially even just before or after due small amount of blood release.

Second, according to these stats and your reasoning the HIV epidemic in Africa should be down to gays and drug users. But the HIV is prevalent in large heterosexual population, male and female who contract it through normal vaginal sex !? And now it's being mainly transmitted through this method too.

I read these somewhere but have no time to look for the links and stats, gota get back to work, damn !(let us know if you find any stats on them).

Not so with African HIV.
Anal sex between men and vaginal sex with an infected male combined with children inheriting HIV from their mother will account for it all.
There are more open sores on genitals in poor countries with no healthcare.

The myth about men contracting HIV from women so readily is easily explained and well documented.... go and look it up.

For example, in the UK there was a huge push to promote condom use during the '80s.
Bearing in mind that it is the man who wears the condom, it would be counter productive to make it known that the wearing of a condom was almost entirely for the woman's benefit as regards HIV transmission.
So we were lied to, or at least not told the whole truth.

I put this to the test in 1990. My new girlfriend and I decided it would be better to stop using condoms so in the spirit of the age we decided to have HIV tests. In those days there was compulsory counselling for all those tested whether the result was positive or negative. I took the opportunity to ask the councillor how it was that I could catch HIV through normal vaginal sex. She stated, and I quote almost word for word, ''there have been no cases in the UK of a man contracting HIV from a woman through normal vaginal sex.''

So there you have it.
A white lie for the benefit of all.
I do not blame them for this as the situation at the time was pretty scary from a public health perspective.
I personally could have handled the truth from the start but I can only speak for myself.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Not so with African HIV.
Anal sex between men and vaginal sex with an infected male combined with children inheriting HIV from their mother will account for it all.

So if I understand your rational EVERY infected male got it via anal sex or inherited it from their mother?

On a side note I have known several people who died from AIDS in my hometown and surrounding areas and NONE of them have been women. As a matter of fact I can't remember ever hearing of a woman dying from AIDS. Not sure what that means if anything...maybe one of our keyboard / couch potato "scientists" can shed some light into this phenomenon.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So if I understand your rational EVERY infected male got it via anal sex or inherited it from their mother?

On a side note I have known several people who died from AIDS in my hometown and surrounding areas and NONE of them have been women. As a matter of fact I can't remember ever hearing of a woman dying from AIDS. Not sure what that means if anything...maybe one of our keyboard / couch potato "scientists" can shed some light into this phenomenon.

It is not my rationale.
This is according to a government expert in the transmission of HIV in 1990.
Maybe things have changed?

Consider though that homosexual anal sex is even more taboo in Africa than it is in western culture.
The main vectors were blood transfusions and sharing needles in the UK at that time.

Unpalatable as it may be, there does seem to be a contradiction, does there not?

niceguy

Aug 6, 2011
Sad really cccccccccccccccccccccccc that so many people dont bother to read your posts and advice
over the years

Before you were a Mod and went MIA on this site for a long time,, there were posts from an American that asked the question "I never had sex without a condom", how did I get an infection???

She gave him a "Blow Job" as you Americans refer it too. men think it is safer....DUH

Bodily fluids....infected,,by either a man or a woman..simple as that
With respect it is not as simple as that;
It depends on the amount of the virus that was directly deposited or was able to make its way into the blood stream.
Via saliva; i believe that it would be very difficult for an sufficient amount of HIV infected saliva to make its way through the penis and into the blood stream. Its my understanding that HIV transfered via saliva is unlikely.
My guess is that this person who said he got it from a BJ. I would guess that maybe she had bleeding gums and there was blood in the saliva. The BJ was rough and involved broken skin on the mans penis. However, i understand that a positive HIV tests requires that at the moment of infection that there be a significant load of HIV infected fluid deposited into the blood stream.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I did read somewhere (a while back) that a big issue in Africa at least seemed to be a common practice known as "dry sex" whereas women would put things (antiseptics, powder, salt, leaves, sand, etc...) inside their vaginas in order to dry them out and thus (supposedly) enhancing the sexual experience for the man. Of course this also tend to cause many small abrasions inside the vagina increasing the risk of contracting a disease.

Apparently is a cultural thing where guys from this part of the world find a woman's lubrication to be unclean among other things.

I won't knock it until I try it out I guess, but for the life of me I can't think a really dry vagina could be more pleasurable than a nicely lubricated one.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
With respect it is not as simple as that;
It depends on the amount of the virus that was directly deposited or was able to make its way into the blood stream.
Via saliva; i believe that it would be very difficult for an sufficient amount of HIV infected saliva to make its way through the penis and into the blood stream. Its my understanding that HIV transfered via saliva is unlikely.
My guess is that this person who said he got it from a BJ. I would guess that maybe she had bleeding gums and there was blood in the saliva. The BJ was rough and involved broken skin on the mans penis. However, i understand that a positive HIV tests requires that at the moment of infection that there be a significant load of HIV infected fluid deposited into the blood stream.

Bearing in mind the well understood transmission process I suspect the anecdotal evidence for where people contracted HIV might be a little unreliable.

For example, a nick from a needle?
Sounds like somebody was more likely doing something naughty.....

From a BJ?
Hmmmm, sounds about as likely as a virgin birth....

I mean what kind of upstanding citizen, father, husband and respected member of the community will come out and say, ''Oops, that smack felt good but borrowing that guy's needle then having him do me up the bottle may have been a little risky...''

Just sayin'....