Hotel Visitors

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"Is she permitted to get a man on the side or is that only for the men to have? " Jan
You are assuming that men and women are equal....hahahahaha
Ok, I am joking.
About variety, its the spice of life.
Since its a DR1 webpage then lets stick to the rules in DR. Almost 50% of my girlfriends either had full time Boyfriends or were married. But I would assume that almost all were having fun on the side from some other stud. I have yet to meet a girl who wouldn't cheat in DR when given the right opportunity and minimum risk of getting caught by their partners. By the way, I am not talking about dirty sosua hookers. My girls are beautiful and educated with (most) having fulltime jobs and many drive their own cars. In santiago, we have a serious shortage of eligible bachelors. Most educated and rewarding careered guys are either taken or are playboys. All the sleeze-bags are also having fun with cute girls in barrios. So if you are a santiaguera and want to be with a decent man, you better steal him from another girls (may it be a married man). My married buddy has alway told women that he is happily married and available. I have yet to see him get rejected by hot santiagueras. Mind you, we don't deal with street hookers here. In fact you will hardly ever see street hookers in santiago area. Who need hookers when the university girls are giving it all away for free?
Anyway chirimoya, you don't speak for dominican women nor dominican women relate themselves to you. You are speaking american feminist BS that we horny guys just don't understand or care to make any sense out of it. Why change when life is wonderful for us.
Anyway, I think its all your fault anyway. You hot shot girls in USA make it so difficult for guys to have any sort of contact with you that some guys simply don't even try for the fear of rejection. How many guys still ask a girl for to dance in a disco now-a-days in USA? I know good looking guys in USA who have not been on a date with a girl in 2 years let alone have sex with them. You girls think you are sacred in USA and now when you grow old and unwanted you try to teach us about relationships? No way, we are in DR and we get what we want with whom we want and at our own time. Why should we listen to your feminist BS when you girl are the ones who have created this monster in the first place?
Long live DR women / latinas and viva being single!!!!!!
Another day in paradise.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I can't reveal my secrets but I'm not quite as squeeky clean as you all may think. But I have to keep up appearences you know! Its OK for a man to sleep around but when a woman does it shes a slut, hooar, tramp. So I'll keep my exploits to myself and let you think what you may.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some of you certainly get defensive big time when it comes to this subject.

AZB, I'm not trying to teach you anything. I wouldn't presume to. And FYI I am not from the USA, I have hardly even set foot on US soil, and although not a Dominican I have 100% Latin blood from both sides of my family. My feminist 'BS' as you call it is shared by a good number of Dominican women, you may be surprised to hear: I imagine women like these would not cross your path, much to their relief and yours I'm sure. You will find that this 'monster' of feminism is more or less mainstream in most places now, while values like yours are on the way to becoming history.

Robert, you must know that the moral and social values under discussion are also shared by many Dominicans. Although infidelity is common, this country is not an out and out sex Disneyland: there are also many people who do not behave that way. I'm pleased to hear that the guys 'under attack' are gentlemen with the women they go out with, or is it just that they are intelligent in their tactics and reserve their real contempt for them for this board?

And finally, if it's true about what you say that women tourists with local men are allowed into hotels while men tourists with local women are not, that indeed is hypocrisy of the most blatant kind. Anyone with a sense of fairness will agree with that.

Chirimoya

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"You will find that this 'monster' of feminism is more or less mainstream in most places now, while values like yours are on the way to becoming history. " Chirimoya
Hahahahaha, thanks god I live in DR. Like onions & carrots once said " you women can pretent to be whatever you claim to be but don't forget who your daddy is.....".
As long as there is a shortage of good men in DR we will always be in control. Remember, this is a macho country.
Your feminist "BS" is also taking some negative toll upon you women in USA. Now that you women have gained such monumental power (unfairly) that many men are abstaining from marriage due to the risk of losing all if the marriage goes sour. Many men prefer to live with their mates and wait many more years to make sure if they really would be better off married. many women find themselves to be still single at the age of mid 30's and often stay single due to the fact that most men find out they really don't want to get married when they get what they want as living together without the legal obligations. Its has becoming increasingly difficult for women in USA to find a decent mate in their late 30's and most simply end up staying single (and childless).
There you have it, reaction to your actions.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There are two kinds of"Extranjeros" who live in the DR

....the "Extranjeros" who will admit that they are in the DR because they can have lots of sex,with lots of young girls,for very little money,and "Liars"!There are lots of islands in the Carribean with better "Beaches",but none with better "Bitches"!!!! You say that the DR is not an out and out sexual DisneyLand"! "Wrong"! There is a "Cabana" on every corner! I rent an apartment,because they are always full,and I used to use them "a lot"!..They are about 98% used by dominicans.....Yes we have had this "Discussion" many times before,but we are doomed to repeat it each time a new woman comes along with her narrow minded and unrealistic views on love and sexuality!Any woman who decides to sell her body,is at that moment a "commodity".I have always treated all women regardless of her circumstances in life,as my Mother taught me.What I can't stand is a person,man or woman,who feels the need to superimpose their views on my lifestyle,or on a "Foreign Culture!...Bottom line,go read Robert's post.He may not have said it first,but he does say it best!CCCCCCCCCCCccccccCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Arve

Oct 13, 2002
Ehmm.. my bit of waffle..

First: I've had the opportunity to be treated like a commodity. Used and then thrown away when done. I must admit I quite
enjoyed that, almost as much as getting raped. :) By a married
woman even..how about that.

Another thing is that women tend to go "blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah etc".

One can get tired of both and that's why it's great to be single,
you get to pick and choose.

I can't stand feminism and I'm proud to call myself a male chauvinist pig. Unfortunately feminism is fairly mainstream, in the
US quite bad but not as militant as it is in Scandinavia. I once
wrote a paper for my local university where I argued that never
in the history of humanity have women been systematicly and intentionally been oppressed by men.. A fairly sober and accurate
point I reckoned, but if I went back there they'd claw my eyeballs
out. :( Well written it was. :(

That's the main reason I'd go to the DR, they are more sensible
about most things down there. If I just wanted to learn Spanish
I would have gone to Spain. My problem is that I'm a poor student
and rather useless when it comes to women, that's all. :)

Thing is this, I reckon.. Partly cos of feminism, if you're male,
white, smoke a bit, drink too much, passed a certain age, possibly
single - probably divorced, maybe of a certain education then you're societies enemy number one. :) If you have fun, go with young girls who might well go with you cos they want to, have fun, get treated better by you than by others and get commodities you're particularly vunerable to attack. Esp. from females who no longer benefit from that kind of male attention. It's better if you die prematurely of a stressrelated heartattack after having worked your butt off for a divorced wife so that she and the kids can get your stuff.:) My worldview can provoke a fair few, that's partially why I have it. :)

Lots of waffle to say that in whatever way people should choose
to live their lives, it's perfectly ok and nobody elses' business as
long as they don't cause harm, stuff their views down other people's throats and claim to own the TRUTH.. That even goes for
feminists, the only exeption from the rule being my humble self.

....how do you spell exeption?.. Not like that.. Too many languages.. :(

For the record I do try to treat women nicely, it's just that I'm totally ignorant to the ways they use to try to get my attention.:)

Sorry about the long waffle, and yeah, quite possibly scratched
record. I'm off.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Come on, you love it really!

The great thing about this debate is that we all have different perspectives and experiences and can contribute them in an intelligent and witty way. Otherwise these forums would consist of the following:

- Isn't the DR wonderful?
Yes!
I agree!
me too!

- Aren't the women gorgeous?
Yes!
I agree!
me too!

- Isn't being single the best?
Yes!
I agree!
me too!

- I go out with loads of different beautiful girls and don't have to pay for it!!!
Good on ya!

And that, to my mind, is blah blah blah.

But Arve, you are so sweet: first of all you say you detest feminism but then you go on to say you're useless with women, but: you try to treat women well. That is good enough for me. Many people have a misconception about what feminism means, they blow it up to something mean and ugly, when what it is really is just the pursuit of equal human, moral, legal rights regardless of biological difference.

If you men are entitled to go on about how badly women treat you, then shouldn't we too be able to point out certain flaws in the way men treat women?

Many men I know have no problem with relating to intelligent women, and don't go scurrying into a corner to lick their wounds if occasionally their advances are not welcomed. What it sounds like here is that some men have come here as sexual exiles, seeking asylum in a culture where it is easier for them to have their way! I know many Dominicans, male as well as female, who find it depressing that this is one of their country's claims to fame.

These debates will always take place, and I hope that I have been able to bring some fresh points of view to them, hopefully in an intelligent and witty way.

I don't think I have been that dogmatic, on the contrary, the recurring theme of my contributions here has been 'live and let live'.

Here's to more great, varied, challenging debates!

Chirimoya

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
oh it makes me wonder

Chiri
I dont know whether you **** me off or you just dont get it.Most of us came here long ago because we were dissatified with the way our lives were being controlled by governments who bow to a group of people who think their morals should be everyones .So far you have critisized religious beliefs that dont suit you and the lifestyle(sexual)of not only foreingners but Dominicans also .Ireally dont understand why you are here unless you are a massochist.I do know one thing no one I repeat no one wants the civilization we had in our home countrys to come here,who needs th govt prying into our personal lives the taxes,the imposed morals and beliefs,if we wanted that why live here with the higher cost of living and decreased sevices.Come to think about it how about telling us why you live here?
Johnny
One person who hopes Dominicans never arrive to western mentality despite all the attempt by people like you.:angry:

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
now since we have

leveled the playing field we can start playing the role nature has assigned to each gender:
women in the house with the children.
men off to provide the means for survival.

Ps. wasn't that where we started aeons ago?

X. scratching his head.

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
OK. I know this post is a rehash however I have to join in. (Besides the fact that I am at the office and am truly bored with what I have to do today).

I am one of those few women that are NOT part of the status quo that some of you have negatively described as husband hunting, bank account sniffing irritating blabbermouths.

I love men. I have at least three on the go at the same time, and depending on who or what I feel like doing determines who I see on that day. Somemight give me cash, or take me out to a fab restaurant, bring food and movies with them...whatever! We are having a blast!

All my married friends are sorry-screaming at me DON'T DO IT!!! DON'T GET MARRIED! Well, maybe when I am 60!

I take men as they are.....they are easy to please and there are no complications or B.S. (most of the time-if there is they are GONE), we can sit and chill and not even talk if that's what it takes, watch the game on TV, have some oral recitation.......

On the other hand I look hot for them.....I maintain myself by working out, getting my hair and nails done, dressing in sexy clothes and lingerie, and I can cook like a professional chef.

I avoid all indications of the R word! I knew when I was 19 that I never wanted children and a husband has not been in my thoughts. I enjoy getting up when I want answering to no one, and being free to party however I like. I have a few friends like this too!

So you see there are some women out there doing the same, and not feeling guilty about it.

dubld-the original party gurrrl!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Too good to be true; i have a feeling its a wolf dressed in a sheep skin.

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
AZB-I am for real! And that's why I am still single too.....I don't conform to the norm, and some men don't know how to take that. I have so many stories that I cannot begin to tell here.

I have had gifts like a laptop delivered to me at my office, a palm pilot sent the same way, taken to St. Lucia for a vacation......got a large donation for my 'enhancements' etc etc.......

So, to prove to you I am for real, I will let you know when I will be in the DR next and you can all see for yourself. I will also try and get a picture scanned and posted so you can tear me to shreds or not!

I understand why so many men are hot on Dominican women-they are amazing! The heat that runs in Dominican blood is one of the things that makes the country so fabulous. I cry every time I leave.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not faint hearted, or easily offended, but:

(I originally logged in to ask that this thread be ended, or possibly resumed in Men are from Mars Women are from Venus).

But I couldn't resist!

It disappoints me that most of you have not taken care to read through my contributions before jumping in with your replies.

Men, I take exception to your dismissal of me as ?narrow minded?, ?naive?, ?seeking to impose alien cultural values? etc. I think you are being more judgemental about me than I ever was about you. My perspectives are based on my experiences in this and other countries, which are clearly different to yours. I realise that not all of you have come into contact with the Dominican feminist movement, or with Dominicans who aren?t at it like rabbits at every minute of the day. Your experiences and points of view are in my mind valid, and I expect to receive the equivalent respect for mine. As I said in my previous contribution, there have to be points upon which we do not agree, and that?s the whole point of having a discussion. A discussion, not a slanging match. I can spar with the best of them ? and I?m not here to get your approval ? but it would be nice if you actually read through what I have to say before belittling and insulting me.

Johnny Honda: I find it interesting that your reason for being here was liberation from State control. I have lived and visited many countries with many different types of cultures and political systems and have come to conclusion that no one place is better than the other, there are just different difficulties and frustrations to grapple with. Don't we all have a right to criticise or complain about some aspects of the country we have chosen to live in? Why should yours be valid and mine not? - I am assuming that you do sometimes find fault with some aspects of life here.

Now to me: I am here because I am married to a man from here. Before I fell in love with the man, I fell in love with the country, having visited and lived here for work reasons over the last seven years, bringing me into contact with a range of Dominicans: urban, rural, rich, poor, well-educated, less educated. We are living here for the time being because my husband's work here is going well, however there may come a day when we move to my home ground, especially if I get a job there. Whatever happens, my destiny is to be tied to this country some way or another.

Just to add to Ms North's story: my love life up till my marriage was more or less typical serial monogamy, and in the more serious relationships I was in I was the one who didn't want the commitment. So we're not all desperate man-hunters you see. But again this comes down to economics. As a woman, if you have economic options, career skills, you don't need to be dependent on a man. If you do end up with a partner, as I did, you can feel confident that you will not be trapped in the marriage should it go wrong, because you have alternatives in life. Unfortunately that does not go for all women, here and elsewhere.

?Los solteros no quieren compromiso y los casados quieren novias?
(The single men don?t want commitment and the married ones want girlfriends? )

This is how a Dominican female friend summed up her difficulties in finding a partner. It is comparable to the situation in the countries of north America and western Europe. There are similarities but also some important differences. In the west, its the sexual revolution as well as feminism that has brought about the situation where, as AZB describes, many men are choosing to stay single and many women in their thirties are unable to get married. Most young men are no longer mummy?s boys incapable of taking care of themselves, so they are happy to live independently and get their sexual needs taken care of outside the framework of marriage. Some women also choose the single life, putting career first and no longer subject to traditional moral constraints surrounding sex. But no matter how much society has progressed, many of these women still feel unfulfilled without a life partner and children. In the DR we have cultural differences and poverty also comes into the equation. In some ways society is more traditional and many people get married young, leading to the situations Golo mentioned where both partners end up being unfaithful and/or the marriage breaking up. In the West not so many of us tend to get married young in the first place but a third or so of marriages still fail. Poverty, lack of education and consequent lack of economic options mean that for poorer women, finding a man to support her is an economic strategy as well as the romantic ideal. And then of course there?s the prostitution, which as we all know, happens everywhere, and is in no way a reflection of the morality of the society but of the level of poverty that exists there.

Now Robert mate, do us a favour and put this thing out of its misery!

Still hopeful,

Chirimoya

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Hollywood North" for DR1 "Woman of the Year!!!!

So far that makes two women who "Get-IT",on DR1,"Hollywood North" and of course "The Vette-Head From Buckhead"! Is it not "Telling" that "Chimi-Churi" makes no mention of the posts made by "Hollywood North"(never to be confused with "Hollywud"!) Must scare the "Bejesus" out of her to see a post by a real woman! "Chimi" we men know when we are being patronized by the likes of you! Your "agenda" preceeds you.We have read your entire group of posts,they don't ring true! "Long Live HollyWood-North"! I will buy the first round at her "Welcome to the Dominican Republic" party!!!!!!!I can bet that she is a sexy as a woman can be."What is the "R" word? CRIS COLON...This post should be "moved" to "Mars/Venus",but never closed.Just cause "Chimichuri" has nothing more to "repeat",I want to hear more from "Hollywould N"

Last edited:

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Crissss-I hav been a long time fan of yours too! And I will take up your offer. Haven't gone down
(to the DR that is) since January, when I got my scuba certification in Sosua, but must make a return soon February or March perhaps. Divers go down more often........

The R word....is RELATIONSHIP....as in 'Where is this relationship going' he asked...and is anwered by a blank stare from her, whose brain is hard at work wondering how the hell to avoid answering that one!!! Never put anyone in that position! Any other position but that one!

I am the girl that went to the wedding shower of her best friend at the time, and sat in the room with all the guys watching the ball game because it was far more interesting than the ceaseless chatter about floor tiles, curtains and cutlery........

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for clearing up the "R" mystery. For a moment I thought you were refering to "ring worm" that many foreigners get from eating chimi-churi on the streets.
Anyway, Hollywood north topped my list of the cool girls of DR1. If most of the girls were like her and theresa in USA, DR girls would have tough time finding gringos with money to dish out so easily. These girls are smart and self-confident; they know better not to swim against the flow and fight the currents. Just from being true feminine without being feminist they get more out of us (men) then the penis-envy dykes who do nothing but make everyone's life miserable (including their own).
Hollywood north, I hope you come down south soon and give me some lessons on going down.... to see the fishes I mean.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Divers go "DOWN" more often...and they stay "DOWN" longer too!!!

Always remember,Oral sex is a dark and lonely job,but SOMEONE has to do it!!!!!! and "Practice Makes Perfect"! You are invited to my house,where I will give a demonstration on how to balance a "Relationship" with a "LIFE"! (Don't try this at home,I AM a PROFESSIONAL!!!) CCCRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Thank you for your votes! Was not competing just telling it like it is.........which I am sure will not be pleasing to the 'dyke feminists' as you call 'em.

And yes Criss, practise makes perfect, but as they say, do what you enjoy and sucess will swallow Oops I mean follow.....!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
OK "Holly Would" stop it right now!!

Just tell us that you are not real.Don't lead us on any longer! We can't take it! I have only met 3 or 4 women like you in my entire life! I'm going home now,this must be a dream! And the best part is all the "Feminazis" reading your posts and saying;"I can't see whats so special about her"! "Duh"!!! CRIS

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Sorry Criss! It's all true. And yes we are a very rare breed and it's sometimes hard to fit in, but not hard to fit.

A lot of other women hate me-they don't even know me, but they are threatenedby us-and most of 'em should relax because we don't want your p-whipped spinelss man. I like 'em straight up, that like to laugh, have a good time, and know how to treat a real woman.

I will take my leave now......I must decide which one I want to entertain me this evening........