How many people have had guns pointed at them here in the DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
...No, but he has been here long enough to know that he is dealing with mental cases, illogical and irrational mentality. It is our responsibility to adapt to our environment and if we know a high percentage of drivers carry guns, and a high percentage or the population are quite violent and don't take much provoking to shoot at people, then if we drive like an aggressive loon and we come across another aggressive loon then we are responsible to some extent for the outcome.

If someone was doing that to me in the UK for example, I'd stop at lights and get out and go to the window of his car and tell him to fkuc off, I know I'm not going to get shot, unless I am one of the most unlucky people on this planet. Here, I would never contemplate getting out of my car at lights for fear I would be shot by someone for something, and certainly I wouldn't approach a car driving aggressively behind me. So I have adapted a new mentality in traffic, and new driving style and certainly my reactions to idiots is different to elsewhere. Even in Spain and Greece I drive quite differently as road rage there is very high and people are always getting stabbed and killed over silly car maneuvers.
It seems in hot countries road rage is more common, well in my experience anyway, cooler countries are little more chilled.:cool:
I advise our OP to adapt a little before he has his balls adapted to a necklace....

Don't blame the victim. Sound familiar?

Hey Moron. Which is it? Stomp on the OP, (like you just did with this post) or agree with Chris Colon, post #32? (by giving him a like)

Did you miss therapy again?

You gotta stop staring at that ceiling fan, it's driving you crazy....

Don't give up man, you can do it.....

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

Hey Moron. Which is it? Stomp on the OP, (like you just did with this post) or agree with Chris Colon, post #32? (by giving him a like)

You seem to be quite excitable yourself! I hope you don't carry a gun in your car.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
You seem to be quite excitable yourself! I hope you don't carry a gun in your car...

Not a chance!!

Ha! Am I a little out there sometimes? Yes, without a doubt.

Stupid.....

NO!!

I've had a gun pointed at me a few times, and was beaten for short money.....

It's not a perfect Country.....

But 99% of my experiences in the DR have been great!!!!!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
short money" I like that !!
I saw a guy on the beach in Monte Cristi with his family, he was carrying a chrome plated semi auto, on his belt. It was in a holster which is unusual here, as guys seem to just stuff them in their pants. The gun had pearl or ivory grips. I think he is in the agriculture business.
Why he wanted a gun on the beach, I don't know, but I went to the other end .

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011

You need the to read between the lines Mr Bean (I know it's tough for you but ...) I was sending an agreement that Dominicans will shoot you rather than fight you.

Well, I spend a while each day staring at my ceiling fan, I like it, it is relaxing for me, what is your issue with people doing as they please?
I have slight concerns with the amount of time you spend thinking about me, chasing me about these forums like you do, rather unhealthy obsession I'd say. Try staring at your ceiling fan, might take your mind of me for a while.

Anything else? you know I'm here to help those with unusual issues. X

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
i have a similar story to the op.

i was in pueblo nuevo on a friday and there was a lot of traffic on this street. i was on a bike and there was a car in front of us talking to someone when traffic started to move. my friend who was driving the bike honked the horn and the person in the car put a pistol out of the window mostly saying if you want trouble here it is.

nothing happened but it is the way it is.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
It was clearly able to fire in full auto and had an extended magazine. This type of weapon is illegal for regular ownership in the DR AFAIK.

Illegal for regular ownership. Tons of military have SMGs especially when they're assigned for protection duty. One time outside of Plan Piloto, two guys dressed in civilian clothes standing by a merc with brand new mp5s. Walked up to them and started a convo about the weapons. Guy offered me his for 200k. LOL

How did you know it was a full auto weapon from 10+ feet away?

Guy in the Merc probably thought you were shady (pulling up on him at high speed) and wanted to let you know he wasnt the one to mess with.

Have never had a gun pulled on me here in 16+ yrs. Well, other than the random cop at a 'checkpoint'.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Does a sawed-off count? Oh yeah. It happened on one Xmas Eve (my b'day). I was working because Xmas Eve was one of the busiest days of the year for my business (retail liquor/grocery). Almost ****ed on myself, but then a strange calm took over. I gave the money in my cash register up as expeditiously as I could. Many similarly good times in that business. I'm lucky to be alive.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yesterday i was coming back from the salon, turning right towards the main road. there was a motor on my right, at the very edge of the road. i was going slow, thinking he may want to do a left turn from that line and boy, was i correct. as i was nearly passing the motor they made a sudden move towards the right. i could not stop or give way (too much traffic) so i honked and he avoided crashing into me. nonetheless the driver hit my car with a fist. clearly pi**ed off at being cut off.

i did not slow down or stop, i kept going. you never know what the hell you will encounter when you argue. you never know how will someone react to your actions. maybe the OP should remember he ain't in boston anymore. or one day he will meet the car in front up close and intimately. he may think he's doing well but clearly he was getting someone nervous...

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Trainman,
Yes I have had a gun pointed at me. My dog - a very large dog had raced off to intercept another rotwhiller. This was very uncharacteristic of my dog but they have 6th senses and sometimes sense danger when you do not. The dogs got into a fight and the owner of the other dog pulled a 9 mm gloch from his rear waistband. My dog was really going for the other one for a reason I dont know. The other owner pulled the gun and shot in the air, as I was trying to pull the dogs apart. He then pointed the gun at me and said something in german. I watch as he pulled the trigger - still trying to pull my dog off his. The gun jammed!!!! He was using cheap Dominican ammunition which probably save my life.
Subsequently he was arrested by Interpol for being involved in a 5 Million Euro property scandel.

My dog is brown and so were my trousers but I lived because he was too cheap to buy American Ammunition !!!

This was some years ago now !

Olly - just me no team

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
How do you know what ammunition he was using?
If you do not know why your large dog is attacking other dogs then I suggest you or it has some lessons on pet owner relations, if your dog attacked mine and there was a useless owner run ing around trying to split two large dogs up I would probably shoot you for being so incapable and irresponsible, never mind the vets bills or the emotional damage to my dogs. Dogs have sixth sense, some are must mad, but are also very badly trained by incompetent owners, which is usually the case when an owners doesn't know why his dog is acting as it is.
Just saying.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Giva Whatsit =- I picked up the casing after the event and saw what they were!! FU two !!1

Olly

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I don't believe you, on the beach, finding a casing in the sand where dogs have been having a tear up? does a jammed gun discharge the shell? I dunno! why do you have a big dog if you can't control it? You are a liability!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Give - a**** - I did not say it was on a beach did I ?

So where you in cahouts whith this guy too !!

olly

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Alter - The gun was pointed at me - how can that be off topic

Olly

Olly, there was absolutely nothing wrong with your post about your dog attacking, it was on topic.

I was referring to the bickering started by giveadog, and the bunch of posts behind it.

Dec 26, 2011
Olly, there was absolutely nothing wrong with your post about your dog attacking, it was on topic.

I was referring to the bickering started by giveadog, and the bunch of posts behind it.

You're rather transparent in your dislike of certain posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.