How much does a scratch on SUV cost?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sorry to hear about these people shot over a scratch.. But IMO, this would be a very rare occurance with a TOURST..
just my .02
but
1) why shoot the Gringo if you can get PAID.. naturally they will try to extort more from a Gringo, so why kill him if you can get paid instead..
2)- Dominicans are not that stupid, that random gringo may know a General or someone who may come back to hunt him down after. Not a very good idea, nobody wins.

now if you spout off at the mouth and Insult his Manhood , yeagh he may just pull out his pistola and shoot you over a scratch on his car.. but then its really not about the scratch any more, is it...
but, this scenario is not something Im going to go worrying about..
my greatest Fear is running over one of them motoconcho with no helmet A-Holes and cracking his head like a coconut
.. its not my fault, and I still go to jail til the family gets paid off to their satisfaction, and I got to live with it that a killed some careless kid ..
. thats a REAL concern.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Being in the here and now as long as possible is the goal. Was it your mayor over there in Cabarete who threatened another driver with his pistol about a year or so ago. If it only happen once and its you then its 100%. I was a boy scout and the worst might just be coming.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
This happens in the civilized world too, this week here in Raleigh NC on I -440 exit to Pool Rd a block away from my job a man drove over a person who dicided to take a look on the curbside of his car after being involve in a small collision.
The guy driving the other car SUV stepped on the gas pedal in the mean time the victim jumped out of his car...

The murder drove away leaving the other one in critical condition.

The authorities are still looking for him.

JJ

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
There is a well known expression in the east...eres loco o de Higuey ?? But really, it is not a problem that Higuey only has ..it is life when people live life on the edge ..on the edge of their tether and on the edge between life and death . One little thing goes wrong and then snap .
Like most here , I have so many small scratches on my car, mainly on the passenger side where the car has been hit in the car parking areas or by gua guas and motorists trying to squeeze through impossible gaps, that I have given up all thought of ever buying a new car again.. Again you have to go with the flow and keep relaxed. !!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
add to this the german resident killed in bavaro after he hit a pasola plus the father of miss DR who was killed for scratching a jeepeta he overtook.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
A moto driver slammed into my Pollito while it was parked at my mechanic's shop. The rider thereof had to have 22 stitches in his face and head I was told,he put a few scratches in my old beast of a car, but I never even asked where I could find him, because I am sure he had no insurance to take care of it.

You were lucky he didn't call his "familia" to come after you for parking your car there. ;)

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
Yes, and the disgraced mayor looks likely to make a comeback next year, with considerable support among the locals!

up to now he has won all his lawsuits so legally he has the right to stand for election and with the voter support he has he has a good chance of making it back.. I would not be surprised

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
In Higuey, it costs a human life. Not just once, twice.

This afternoon, a man who was with his wife and daughter killed with 2 shots another man, in front of Iberia supermarket, who had just moments before inadvertently scratched with his passola the killer's SUV.

We had a similar case in Higuey like this just after New Year's, where a group of evangelicals from the church going to (coming from?) a retreat accidentally scratched an SUV of owner of "Inversiones la Moto" (a motorcycle sale and loan place) in Higuey. The guy came out and shot the driver of the truck, killing him and injuring others in the process.

In both cases we are talking about light scratches which could have been resolved with less than 5 thousand pesos (and today's case most likely less ...)

So what else is left to say .... Higuey el pueblo de los animales, Dominicana el pais de los salvajes ...

Ok, so what happen the man that did the shooting?