How to love like a Dominican girl

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That's the way! add shit on top of shit ( pardon my language) Base all relationships on BS but you better have a darn good memory. I believe in telling the truth.
1. No one believes what you say anyway
2. You don't have to remember what you said.

But then I'm strange.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Jochplaya,

Women who fall for Dominican men especially on holidays should do thier homework before going to the DR. Life is but an experience, face reality when you come back. Like the saying goes, in the DR I feel Free. There are lots of men around all over the world. Who needs to take this S*** and live with it.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm understanding Dominican men better now.
At the tender age of 14, I had a Dominican boyfriend.
He broke up with me because my dad planned an afternoon with his students and took us with him and mom. We went out to the campo and danced merengue. My dad went swimming in the rio yaque del norte... and lost his wedding ring in the river.
I guess he was too jealous of the college students dancing with us. He didn't have to worry, but things were never the same.
When we found out we were going to return to the states, two other suiters came out of the woodwork. They both wanted to marry me. One had a girlfriend. The other probably had many. His plan was quite sweet...
...We'll get married, and spend our honeymoon at Jarabacoa. Then I would return with my family to the states, and he would follow me.
I guess at 14 I was touched, but I didn't like the odds. To test his intentions, and not flat out turn him down, I asked that he ask my dad for "my hand". He never showed up. Although a little disappointed, I wasn't heartbroken. I knew he wouldn't. I was so proud that I had handled this and nobody got hurt.
Besides, I did like the boy who dumped me. It wasn't meant to be. But I hope he's doing well.
Two guys wanted Immigration papers.
The other didn't need them.
About 4 years later, I met my first husband.
My only husband.
mk

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with you Anna because I am not Dominican and do not love like a Dominican woman. My post was kind of a joke to see how the Dominican men like the truth about how their women really are. When I lived there this is what my female friends told me about handling cheating men.

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
Jochplaya and gringas out there,
I'm a Dominican woman and I do agree with your generalizations to a certain degree. I was raised seeing my dad, brothers and friends being unfaithful; I guess that is why I married a gringo. I did have brief relationships with other Dominican men but of course they didn't last very long (at most two years) becuase of the unfaithfulness. It is sad that our culture does encourage machismoism and unfaithfulness. However, since I was born and raised in the US (but still with very strong Dominican values) I learned other values too: such that you don't have to put up with the b.s. that Dom. men feel women should put up with. Blaiming it on culture and genetics is a poor excuse when we are living in the 21st century and we are educated individuals. As adults we should take responsibility of who we want to be and who we are. Things go both ways, Dom. men are raised to be machistas and Dom. women are raised to accept it. NOT in my case! Hell NO!

My advise to all you gringas wanting a Dominican boyfriend: run the other way if you don't want to get your heart broken. However, not all men are the same (I truly believe that of Dom. men - maybe it's just wishful thinking because I've yet to see it happen). I believe this only because not all Dom. women are the same, otherwise I would have turned out to be miserable like so many Dom. women out there crying themselves to sleep because the husbands are out with a chopa. Not this chica!

"My two cents"

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
domerican.... you hit the nail on the head!!! you said it exactly the way it should be said... i wouldn't change it.

just want to add though... that as long as you buy this 'cultural' B.S. (ie:... that is the way they are by genetics and culture)... the bull will never change. As long as dominican women 'love like dominican women'... their men will cheat and be unfaithgul. even if it's part of the culture... maybe it's time to change it if it actually hurts these women who 'cry themselves to sleep'.

i'm out

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
Lee-Lee,
Thanks for the support. I'm just so sick of hearing about how dominican women (or gringas) need to be "this and that" in order to be loved by a man (in this case, a dominican). Who are we kidding ladies (and gents alike?). Don't fall into the trap of "loving like a dominican woman" it IS a bunch of b.s.

I don't care what nationality and culture a man comes from, you shouldn't tolerate disrespect and humiliation. If a man really loves you and knows how strongly you feel about unfaithfulness, he will respect you even more (in my opinion). ...And let him dare to be unfaithful, it's then up to you after that.

Quick story: I dated a dominican for two years and the very first conversation we had I layed my law down very clearly (and he agreed with me 100%). I said: "If you love someone and they take advantage of that love (by cheating or ....) then, that person isn'tt worth loving". For two years it appeared he respected my strong feelings about relationships. However, (dom. man afterall) he eventuallyt cheated on me. While I was having my last conversation with him (while I was dumping him) I said: "remember our first conversation when I said blah, blah.....?, I really meant it!"

It's been 11 years since that break-up and he still regrets it (so he said). I would bet that he'll never cheat on a woman he loves again (but then again, I wouldn't bet my life on it). Afterall, once a "dominican", always a dominican. OOOOPS - I mean, "once a cheater, always a cheater.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
domerican... i keep on reading this word... however i don't know what it means.
gringo ?? : (
i'm assuming non-dominican... and? what's the characteristic?

the dominican you dated... he lived in the states or D.R.?

IS there a difference between the two? as in... the dominicans living in the states vs. the DR?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee said:
domerican... i keep on reading this word... however i don't know what it means.gringo ?? : (i'm assuming non-dominican...

Yes, non-Dominican. Gringo is a male, gringa is a female. Usually used to refer to white foreigners.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Tony C said:
Hey Girls!!!!

It is just sex!!!!!
Exactly and make the most out of it,hooray for the right to choose as many partners as you wish,just be honest and keep the bullshit at a minimum:bandit:

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
Lee-Lee,

Ken is almost correct in his definition of gringa(o) except, it basically refers to North Americans (from U.S.), no other characteristics I know of.

The dominican I dated had been living in the U.S. for only a few years (not sure how many, but enough that he spoke english extremely well).

The difference between dominicans living in DR and those in the States really depends on whether the ones in the US were primarily raised there. If they were, they are very americanized and have a less tendency of being machistas (less likely to think cheating is o.k. etc.). Now, if he was raised in the DR - Oh God! he's probably thinking it's ok to cheat, just as long as he doesn't get caught.

There are soooo many more differences, I could write a book so, I'll just state one biggy-of-a-diffrence:

If he's a dominican living in the states and has a green card (or higher), you'll at least know he won't be interested in you soley because he wants to use you for immigration purposes.

HTH

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
I thought the original post talked about the "wife" and "whore"....

I'm sorry, but as soon as you put wife into any equation, IT'S NOT JUST SEX!

If your just talking about having a "goodtime" which could be translated into "just sex" then, hey, what the hell. Just as long as you're not misleading anyone by telling them OR making them think, that they are the "only one" when they are not.