How to Marry a Third-World Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2011
Me being dominican-american have been caught in the middle of the powerful gringa persona or the firery (if that is even a word) dominican attitude where one should respect a man's household. I do agree that the government in the US had raised me to be, at almost to a point a scorn women, asking for liberty and freedom or else give me death. But it was not until 3 years ago that I regained my essence of Dios, Patria y Libertad which gave me a balance of my new found identity to make me a proud dominican women who does not mind standing by a man BUT it all depends on how that man protrays and represents me. Now of course I would let my opinion out in a heart beat, but if it was for him to make a decision, he needs to make up his mind (you should have him lead if not, WHY MARRY HIM?) I most certainly will not let a man maintain me because if a divorce may follow you can leave proud knowing that you do not need that child support check. I honestly do not even know if that made sense with other people, but I decided to give it a shot :)

You express yourself very well. And, yes, fiery is a word and a very good choice for describing the volatility of the temper of the Dominican woman. :)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
The book is well written and certainly entertaining. I WILL say that you have a myoptic view of American women, and the U.S. Yes, your descriptions could apply to some portion, (in my opinion, a SMALL portion), of American women; and your descriptions could apply to a portion, (SMALL portion), of the culture of the U.S. You seem to have a very big axe to grind when it comes to these topics; and who knows... maybe for good reason(s).

The problem is, you paint with a really big monotone brush, much in the same way the "other" guys ... the "P.C. gang"... paint with a similarly large brush in the opposite contrasting monotone. The U.S. is big. The WORLD is big. Neither is black and white. It's all SHADES OF GRAY, man ... shades of gray.

This doesn't mean you should stop writing or that I will stop reading. As I said, "Entertaining"!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The book is well written and certainly entertaining. I WILL say that you have a myoptic view of American women, and the U.S. Yes, your descriptions could apply to some portion, (in my opinion, a SMALL portion), of American women; and your descriptions could apply to a portion, (SMALL portion), of the culture of the U.S. You seem to have a very big axe to grind when it comes to these topics; and who knows... maybe for good reason(s).
I'm old, and I've known a lot of wimminzes in the states. While certainly there are *some* that don't fall into the authors' basket, fact is American society has changed in a BIG "progressive" feminist PC way, where boys are drugged for being boys and men have been castrated by society. They have become the majority...vocally, at least. And those who don't fall lock-step into the PC Feminist role are ostracized.

That hasn't happened at all in the DR. The feminists here...my wife is one...are still women who like men, family, and children and simply enjoy being women. It's very, very rare to find Dominican women who abhor men, family and children and prefer being androgynous over classically feminine. They don't even try to compete with men, they enjoy being a different human species than men.

I have, however, witnessed frustration from PC American and Euro women about the lack of angst and seemingly fervor in the PC feminist "Cause" in Dominican women.

Pablo29

Mar 23, 2013

The problem is, you paint with a really big monotone brush, much in the same way the "other" guys ... the "P.C. gang"... paint with a similarly large brush in the opposite contrasting monotone. The U.S. is big. The WORLD is big. Neither is black and white. It's all SHADES OF GRAY, man ... shades of gray.

This doesn't mean you should stop writing or that I will stop reading. As I said, "Entertaining"!!!

How do you explain that there are so many american men going overseas looking for wives? Why am I seeing so many american men walking on the streets with asian women in New-York city?

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
A Quick Note to the Men who are only interested in marrying a "third world woman" Especially OP:

The only relationships, especially marriages, that are worth anything are:

Between two people who are equals. Marrying someone with no education, no earning potential, no money ect. so that you always have one up on them and they are only with you for your money....it is not real love. But you don't wish for real love I guess. Just a subservient woman who is grateful for a visa and enough money in the bank. If this appeals to you, you are a real loser.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
A Quick Note to the Men who are only interested in marrying a "third world woman" Especially OP:

Between two people who are equals. Marrying someone with no education, no earning potential, no money ect. so that you always have one up on them and they are only with you for your money....it is not real love. But you don't wish for real love I guess. Just a subservient woman who is grateful for a visa and enough money in the bank.
True.

J.Baby said:
If this appeals to you, you are a real loser.
You lost it here. "Loser" is a tough description. One can be socially immature with relationship "issues" without being categorized as a "loser."

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
Me I married an African girl 40 years ago who had no education but is now a PhD in Science and daughter who is finishing her Phd in Bloomington. Guess I got lucky and still very much in love with her.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Marrying someone with no education, no earning potential, no money ect. so that you always have one up on them and they are only with you for your money....it is not real love.

Not every Dominicana in the DR fits your description above. I'm sure there are guys right here in this forum that are dating or married to women that don't fit your description.

What you described could also be a recipe for disaster in the USA, if it wasn't for the fact that people that are considered "equal" by the terms you described already often get divorced in the USA at alarming rates! Being with a woman that makes as much money as a man isn't the ticket toward "true love" or you wouldn't see so many social problems in the USA.

Perhaps to you, relationships that work "are not worth anything," but rather than hate or judge how about just tipping your hat to those that make it work. Going overseas gives a person more options and there is nothing wrong with that.

Pablo29

Mar 23, 2013

Between two people who are equals. Marrying someone with no education, no earning potential, no money ect. so that you always have one up on them and they are only with you for your money....it is not real love. But you don't wish for real love I guess. Just a subservient woman who is grateful for a visa and enough money in the bank. If this appeals to you, you are a real loser.

Obviously...you are looking at the issue from a first world citizen's perspective. The reality is that in most of the third world countries, the man is considered to be the provider in the family. He is not seen as a loser for doing so. I grew up in a third world country, so I know this for a fact. My family was wealthy; my girfriend's family wasn't. After high school, she was stuck because her family could not afford to send her to college. I stepped in, and offered her to pay for her college tuitions. Am I a loser? Should I have looked for someone from a wealthy family?

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
I am not speaking about the educated women here in the DR or elsewhere. Although, those women don't usually want to marry a middle aged man with no hair and fat bellies. Can you find an equal in a third world country-yes.

Although OP's post was about finding a woman in a poor country and never once did he mention finding an equal partner.

I see too many men with their wives here and else where, she is young and gorgeous and uneducated and he is old and fat and ugly.

I am just saying. Find a partner that is your equal. In values and education and looks. You will be happier for it.

OP was pretty insulting. I read it to my husband. He got a good laugh. I know women who are as he described. They are not the norm. Sorry you had a bad go of it OP.

Don't finish your book. It would not appeal to any publisher I have ever known of. It is nothing but internet fodder. Nothing a real man would agree with or wish to read.

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
And yes, no real man would want a subservient woman with nothing going for them except their looks and subservient nature. Those men are losers. They can't get with a good woman who is their equal..therefore they lose. Losers.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I am not speaking about the educated women here in the DR or elsewhere. Although, those women don't usually want to marry a middle aged man with no hair and fat bellies. Can you find an equal in a third world country-yes.

Although OP's post was about finding a woman in a poor country and never once did he mention finding an equal partner.
Never did the writer talk about finding a woman that is "unequal." You are making assumptions and you know what they say about people that ASS U ME.

Also, plenty of guys go the places like the DR and Thailand that are in good physical shape, have a full head of hair, and can date women in the USA, if they so choose.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
And yes, no real man would want a subservient woman with nothing going for them except their looks and subservient nature. Those men are losers. They can't get with a good woman who is their equal..therefore they lose. Losers.
How about posting your & your hubby's picture and CV?

I suspect you're one of those that men come to the DR to get away from. Such angst.

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
My poor husband and I come here together. We spend 24-7 together. All the time. In Canada we do as well.

As of right now he is quivering in the corner screaming "why me?"

He asks that you all stop harassing me, so that he does not have to live with the consequences on him, the only male available.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

I see too many men with their wives here and else where, she is young and gorgeous and uneducated and he is old and fat and ugly.

I am just saying. Find a partner that is your equal. In values and education and looks. You will be happier for it.

OP was pretty insulting. I read it to my husband. He got a good laugh. I know women who are as he described. They are not the norm. Sorry you had a bad go of it OP.

Don't finish your book. It would not appeal to any publisher I have ever known of. It is nothing but internet fodder. Nothing a real man would agree with or wish to read.

Well, it's not like we haven't heard this song before......

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9NF5XU-k2Vk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Feb 15, 2005

I can appreciate your point of view, albeit a tad harsh and with pangs of anger and insecurities.

My Ex, mother of my son had a limited education, whereas I have a college degree. However, what she lacked in formal education, she made up for in incredible observation skills, stern commitment to raising our son the right way and keeping a beautiful home.
A good friend is a mechanic and his wife is an executive at a bank. She's crazy about him after 10 years because he would protect the family to his death, i.e. he's cut his hand requiring 30 stitches and went back to work right after getting out of the emergency room, so as not to miss an hour of work. His little girl adores him because would sit on the floor and play doll house, board games, cards etc and drops her off at school every single day. He even teaches her about cars. He is their King and they are his Queen and Princess.

So therefore, your view of what is equal is broad, since either party can provide what the other does not. A balance of sorts.

Not every middle age man who lands in the DR, is bald and has a kangaroo pouch for a stomach, I certainly don't for example.

If a man finds a young loving wife, although not with formal education but with great intuition and family values and who loves her home, who are you to call them losers? Just wondering.......

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Obviously...you are looking at the issue from a first world citizen's perspective. The reality is that in most of the third world countries, the man is considered to be the provider in the family. He is not seen as a loser for doing so. I grew up in a third world country, so I know this for a fact. My family was wealthy; my girfriend's family wasn't. After high school, she was stuck because her family could not afford to send her to college. I stepped in, and offered her to pay for her college tuitions. Am I a loser? Should I have looked for someone from a wealthy family?

You paid a GF college tuition??? Not a wife, sister, cousin, uncle, aunt, but a girlfriend???

No you are not a loser for this, but I have never heard this before.

Please tell me you married her and you and her have like 3 kids. NO NO NO forget I do not even want to know if you married her or not.

A GIRLFRIEND DAMN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.