I want to keep my child here in the United States.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
we only know one side of this story. many times where love is lost, so is the truth. what exactly is this growth growing from the kids' head? is a brain injury more likely the cause of his "developmental delay" than, say, mother's neglect? and what exactly are these delays? is it a speech issue, because that could be caused by living with his spanish speaking family and then being moved to an english speaking home? or perhaps is the c hild just not comfortable enough in his new environment to be "producing" at levels adequate to his age?

i agree that the child should perhaps stay in the states for the medical testing if there really is a problem in his brain (head?) because the care in the DR is less adequate. but even if he has papers allowing his child to travel, he doesn't have paperwork signing over his mother's custody rights.

Reactions: Dragonfly32837

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
we only know one side of this story. many times where love is lost, so is the truth. what exactly is this growth growing from the kids' head? is a brain injury more likely the cause of his "developmental delay" than, say, mother's neglect? and what exactly are these delays? is it a speech issue, because that could be caused by living with his spanish speaking family and then being moved to an english speaking home? or perhaps is the c hild just not comfortable enough in his new environment to be "producing" at levels adequate to his age?

i agree that the child should perhaps stay in the states for the medical testing if there really is a problem in his brain (head?) because the care in the DR is less adequate. but even if he has papers allowing his child to travel, he doesn't have paperwork signing over his mother's custody rights.[/QUOTE]

And does the mother have paperwork signing over his father's custody rights ????

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
And does the mother have paperwork signing over his father's custody rights ????

Good point, too. That makes is a shared situation. There was no written consent from the mother allowing her child to LIVE in the US - but also no real "consent" giving the child to the mother. Either way, there's a lack of legal mumbo-jumbo that is probably necessary.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Thousand of kids are abducted a year in the U.S. by one parent and taken away to another country, that's why the U.S. returns those type of kids back to their other parents when is a U.S. citizen that does the same.

Take a lot to this New Jersey boy taken to Brazil by his mother, the boy's father has been fighting for 4 years to get him back, and the U.S. government too.

Clinton fights for boy taken to Brazil - MSNBC - Truveo Video Search

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
thats the problem when it comes to custody, all you women always assume that custody automatically goes to the mother.Thats a bunch of bs..if custody has not been established, i will repeat again what has been said, the mother does not have custody more then the father.This is not criminal if custody has not been established.

no court in the states is going to send that boy back to the DR if he is in need of special medical needs.The court will decide what is the best situation for the child to be in.The child is in the states and is american,good luck to the mother and the one of a million lawyers that she retains in the DR. I hope she is very wealthy to fight a long distance custody battle.

And comparing this situation with the cuban boy is plain out stupid. That was a high profile case that involved a uncle and not two parents.

Why is it that women always think that they automatically have custody over children..thats what my ex-wife thought a few years back..yea right, and when you see her make sure and tell her to be on time with my $246 dollars a week child support payment..

Feb 7, 2007
In the DR, many shots are not covered by insurance. Tetanus is not, for example, you have to buy it in a pharmacy and go to a clinic to have it administered.

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
american juducial system favor woman right

and mother get child custody by default. You just forget about it to keep the child legal way. If mother have know how and money to reach american judiacial system and you are finished. Elian Gonzales is example. You best option is make some agreement with mother or just move and do not give her address. But anyway, if she can reach american judicial system, she will find you assisted by law enforcement.