I want to know if I am being sankified...

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
OK, I'll give you that but he is not speaking on color in the terms of the sanky....
Damn it! I said we weren't doing this!

SHALENA
:)
Ok, let's leave the Sanky out of the equation. Will you admit that gringa woman are lured by the genetic/anatomic principle that I presented. If not, what attraction does an undereducated, economicaly challenged individual hold. Is it purely ability to dance?:confused:

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
High Class ?????????

Oh, but we gotta stay in our own class, don't we? We see people here blasting the maidtypes, and here and class up on your play pals-please, a disc jockey at an AI?what is next,a valet car parker? On another thread there was a lot of BS about high society people out slumming. But we are all humans, doing the best we can. Aren't we? And Miss BostonGirl just remember to stay safe, safe with the sex and safe with money. Spend it, enjoy it, but don't get caught up in giving it all away if that is where the relationship leads.
Another thread some one said She's not your girl, it is just your turn. And it's the same thing. He isn't your man, it's just your turn, and if the turn lasts until you are both in your 90s that is fine, but if it only lasts for a few months, what is wrong with that? My brother calls me a failure because I have been married 5 times, I think of him as a failure because he remains tied to someone whom he hates.
My thoiughts
Der Fish

Ja, der Fisch
I also have to smile about the high class :cross-eye references and low class :mad: infiltration of "nice places".
Of course we all get the low class hoe and "dirty old men" thing. Really I don't want them beside me either especially if they are loud, bad mannered and smoking.........how about that just alienated smokers... sorry!
However when we are talking high class do we refer to Dominique Strauss Kahn, Bernard Madoff or Rupert Murdoch? Possibly a Columbian drug dealer in the country club ??????

I'd rather hang with a yummy mommy of three at Baileys in Sosua, we'll be well mannered and well dressed
and she's studying to be a lawyer. :classic:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
What Bostongirl did was to ask a question that she already had the answer to.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
How about Tom Delay who had a book written about him called something like The Smartest Man in the Room. That was while he was manipulating the electricity supply in the state of California and people died for lack of electricity, then his house of cards fell and he spent the rest of his life in jail. I don't even remember the name of his phoney electric company. But I'll bet people thought he was really high class.
How this affects myownself, and brings it to the forefront of my brain is that I followed a high class lady here. She claimed to be a retired MD. In Boston she was pretty close to normal, but as soon as we arrived here she became the most dominant bitch I have ever known. She tried to throw away my shorts and T-shirts because a gentleman dresses in long sleeved button shirts at all times. She had decorative towels in the bathroom which weren't used, but the towels which were used and should be on a towel bar to dry were stuffed in a drawer so nobody would see them. Nevermind that nobody but the 2 of us ever entered her bathroom.
She decided it was her obligation to train me to be a high class person. We went to a restaurant where important people went, to see who we could see. We were the only persons in the place. I don't remember the cost of the meal, only that the tip I left was 1000$RD, and she told me that wasn't enuff.
We visited a friend who had a pool in Santo Domingo and sat around looking at the pool all afternoon. I asked about using the pool, and one would have thought I had suggested ****ing in the pool.
She decided that she should inspect my fingernails daily to see if they were clean enuff to be in public!
All this lasted 7 weeks before I made my escape. I left her and am associating with real people once again.
Der Fish

I think what you meant to bring to the forefront of your brain was KEN LAY, not TOM DELAY, two totally different dudes, involved in totally different scandals.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A wee bit off topic now....if there is nothing better or more information from Boston Girl...let's close this puppy down, okay?

HB

jackcrew

Aug 5, 2010
On being Sankified

I do not know if Ms Boston is being officially Sankified. But she is suffering from the same syndrome that many tourists experience when they visit the Dominican Republic or any other country where there is stark inequality between the proverbial first world and the third world. That syndrome is the delusion of grandeur we often face. We decide to leave our mundane, problem-filled, routinely simple lives in the United States or Canada or England (fill in the country of your choice) and vacation in the sunny paradise of the Caribbean. We get to a place, say the Dominican Republic, and suddenly we are not just average, trying-to-make-ends-meet, aging, common folks; no, we are now attractive, special, rich, smart, sexual, (fill in the desired adjective you wish) beings. We are desirable regardless of our bald heads, protruding guts, wide hips, pleasantly plump curves, etc.

How many times have we read the stories? A woman comes to the Island and finds the romantic partner of her dreams; a kind family man who loves kids and loves her. In return, she is his fantasy, she is what he always hoped to find. He is sexually attracted to her regardless of the age, the weight, the bundle of insecurities all women have. Suddenly, those insecurities are erased. She is romanced, told how beautiful she is, how intelligent and kind and how unappreciated she is by her current husband, ex husband, past boyfriend, etc.

How many times have we read the stories? A man comes to the Island and finds the sexual partners of his dreams. I personally know a man from New York who can?t even find a date but in the Dominican Republic, he has them lined up every few hours; a proverbial revolving door. In the US, he is common; average income (but wealthy in the Republic), average looks (but muy guapo in the Republic), and average sexual libido (but a stud in the Republic?ah papi, que rico!).

Then suddenly the dreadful day arrives when we board the plane back to our regular, ordinary, average lives with bills, and bosses, and troubled romantic (sex) relationships, etc. We are no longer kings or queens on the chess board of life the pawns barely in control of our own destiny.

We are depressed with the mundane and dream for the fantasy-lives we experienced in the Caribbean. We desperately want to believe the words spoken by those caring Caribbean souls so we persuade ourselves they are true. We want to sell our homes, quit our jobs, uproot our existence to get back to the fantasy. So we return again and again; we send money to ensure the fantasy remains tangible; we straddle the two worlds were eventually neither will bring happiness.

So Ms Boston, I don?t know if you are being Sankified; but you are having a crisis of the self-concept. Your real-self is in struggle with your idealized-self and only you can solve that issue.

BostonGirl

Dec 2, 2011
Hi
I am back. Thanks for the last post Jackcrew, I think that you totally summarize the situation for me. I am looking for an escape from my life probably (most likely) in the wrong places.
I can't thank ALL of you enough for your support, feedback and accusations... ALL of you (ok, maybe most) had a point and I am taking it all in and trying to make sense of what I did and what I plan to do in the future. So I'll start a new thread in a few months to let you know what I did... I know some of you will say: "I don't dive a s***" but then don't read it!
I hope life will be good to you. Thanks again. BG.
You can close it Bronxboy!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi
I am back. Thanks for the last post Jackcrew, I think that you totally summarize the situation for me. I am looking for an escape from my life probably (most likely) in the wrong places.
I can't thank ALL of you enough for your support, feedback and accusations... ALL of you (ok, maybe most) had a point and I am taking it all in and trying to make sense of what I did and what I plan to do in the future. So I'll start a new thread in a few months to let you know what I did... I know some of you will say: "I don't dive a s***" but then don't read it!
I hope life will be good to you. Thanks again. BG.
You can close it Bronxboy!

I want to thank all of you that posted and kept this thread civil. I did not need to edit any post and the thread ended in a final note from the OP.

BG, when you ready to update, let me know and I will re-open. No need to start a new thread.

Good luck, BostonGirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.