Illegal Foreigners No Longer Educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I read you live in TX so you probably don't come across many Dominicans in the US... So, I will let you in on a little secret. very very very small percentage of Dominicans are illegal in the US and an even smaller percentage of children are.For the obvious reason that children born here to undocumented aliens are citizens at birth

The actual Dominicans I come across in TX are hard working trying to make a living people, just like anywhere. However, that small percentage gives all of them a bad rap. So please don't suggest that the small percentage makes them a non-issue.

2 from Houston area face sex-trafficking charges - Houston Chronicle

And mod, I'll self-censor, and won't post anymore here on this issue as it's the Haiti forum.

Dec 26, 2011
When I was a kid and said I'd cut sugarcane in DR, they laughed at me. They said "That's what Haitians are for".

Now when I say I'll work construction, they laugh at me. They say "That's what Haitians are for".

The problem with illegal immigration in any country never has anything to do with the "illegal", but rather everything to do with the opportunists that willingly exploit their disadvantaged status.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Pedro: It's the old selfishness of Human Beings...Now that I am here I don't want YOU to come over and have the same opportunities.

La Rubia: While there are tons of Dominicans who came to The US illegally, typically within a few years they've found a way to normalize their situation. I know many who did this and out of everyone that I know who came here illegally, I can only think of a couple who still are.

Is Aceleron Pichardo part deux or NALS? The 4% will be implemented? I hope it is, but remember it's not the president who approves this. It is congress and BTW we'll have the SAME congress we've had for the last couple of years. Danilo can definitely push and if he was smart he would, because this is a popular measure and if he gets it he can point to that as a major achievement when re-election time comes.

Mido: If you think illegal Haitians will be deported en masse then you know very little about The DR. Yes they will pay some lip service and deport a few hundreds or thousands to pretend they're doing something about it, but in the end more will still come in than will be deported...Why? For several reasons, but the two main reasons are:
- The military, Immigration, Cessfront, etc...are making tons of money in bribes to allow them to get into The DR.
- The people pretty much own The DR (i.e. Viccinis) won't have it as they need extremely cheap Haitian labor to continue to make their obscene amounts of money. As soon as the deportations start to make a dent in their business they will tell the government to stop it and that will be the end of it.

Aceleron

Aug 9, 2011
No Aceleron is not Pichardo or Nals, mainly because Pichardo and Nals are Dominicans living in the State, where as I am a gringo living in Santiago for the past eight years.

What Suarenz has not noticed or fails to understand is that even though some Haitians pay "generales" for the chance to enter illegally through the boader crossing, most illegals on this side get here by using the paths less traveled, meaning these illegals cross through the woods not under surveillance. This path is much easier and not to mention much Cheaper to cross!!

http://www1.american.edu/ted/icecases/maps/haiti-dominican border.jpg

http://www.eoearth.org/files/201201_201300/201281/800px-haiti-deforestation.jpg

http://www.livetolearn.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/HaitiDominicanRepublicBorder-1024x717.jpg

The days are numbered for the Viccini's as well, although as rich as they may be, one day they too, will have to mechanize the sugar fields. If I'm not mistaken, the process (mechanization) was proposed by the government in 07, and weakly implemented sometime there after.

But fear not, eventually they (Viccini and company) will mechanize the fields completely, mainly because as the DR government keeps receiving pressure from the propaganda machines from foreign NGO's, due to this, the government itself will put pressure on the Viccinis.

The funny thing is, years back people would argue whether there really was 2 million illegals in the country, now no one doubts this fact, and yet many on here would like to keep the flood gates open.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
While many do cross the border on foot, I don't believe they represent the bulk of them. The vast majority come in by the truckloads with the complicity of the military. BTW crossing on foot through those mountains is not as easy as you think...it's pretty rough terrain and long distances from any inhabitants.

I really hope The Viccinis and others do mechanize their operation...but understand something. The government doesn't TELL people like them what to do, THEY tell the government...

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Mido: If you think illegal Haitians will be deported en masse then you know very little about The DR. Yes they will pay some lip service and deport a few hundreds or thousands to pretend they're doing something about it, but in the end more will still come in than will be deported...Why? For several reasons, but the two main reasons are:
- The military, Immigration, Cessfront, etc...are making tons of money in bribes to allow them to get into The DR.
- The people pretty much own The DR (i.e. Viccinis) won't have it as they need extremely cheap Haitian labor to continue to make their obscene amounts of money. As soon as the deportations start to make a dent in their business they will tell the government to stop it and that will be the end of it.
While I am afraid you could be right, at the same time I heard that technical mechanization in many areas is under way. There is too much pressure from human rights organizations to keep this slavery like exploitation up.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A racist policy clearly targeting Haitians. Do they try and pass it off as a money saving effort? When you consider the quality of a Dominican public school education the Haitian children are not missing out on a lot. The government "pay" for the illegal children? You make is seem like a lot. The amount per student is a pittance. Even the Dominicans quit school in droves. I laugh when I see the government statistics on the % of the population that is lliterate. Its the one area where the government is outstanding, the ability to lie. What do they think- that the kids will turn around and go home because they cannot go to school?
A pointless policy benefitting no one that exposes the government for what it is.

cockig

Jan 3, 2002
www.adonmpta.info
No matter how pretty Suarenz packages this, if the DR accepts these illegals, the state then becomes complicit in the activity of harboring Illegals.

I wholeheartedly agree with Taino, once these illegals are given free range, soon after their family members in Haity will come across looking for the proverbial greener pasture.

It is widely known that we currently have well over 2 million illegals in the country, just think if each and every one of these illegals has but one family member in Haiti and should those people upon request from their family member already here decide to come over, in no time we will have 4 million illegals.

I hear a lot about pleasing the international community and something or other about human rights, I say when will these international community play their part in making the Haitian government play their part in providing for their nationals? How about this, are Haitian human rights above Dominican human rights?

Honestly, I really don't understand why people actually believe that once these illegals are given same rights as Dominicans, they will then become productive members of society. Fact is life is unfair, if it was, we'd all be sitting around a bonfire singing cum baya, if these illegals are given free range, they will be employed in the same low paying jobs they currently work now. Meaning they will be taking jobs away from the less fortunate Dominican.

The kids have right to education,so thy have to give them schools and education in Haiti!!!!!!! because that is there country ,but in the meantime thy have to leave them in the schools here!!!
There is enough money in Haiti for schools,that the job of the government of Haiti!!!!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well here you have it...The resolution was revoked and the director of the immigration department has been called to the presidential palace to have a chat with Leonel. Leonel, Fadul y Ricardo Taveras reunidos en el Palacio Nacional - DiarioLibre.com

Supposedly they're going to start fining companies who hire illegals anywhere from 1500 to 7900 USD (Not sure if this is per employee or as a total). We'll see how well that plays with The Viccini's et al.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I don't have a problem with any country that wants to use their resources for their own citizens or those in the country legally as long as they are in the process of deporting these children and the adult illegals back to their country of origin. I also don't have any problem with sending families back where they are legal residents or should be legal residents. But I also think that it is time the US followed the DR's lead and eliminate the use of "anchor babies" being given citizenship through right of birth to mothers that do not have legal status in the country.

I do agree that if you are going to allow the illegal families to stay in the country it is extremely short sighted to deny them basic education and medical care.

I also don't fault the DR for the "stateless" Haitian children - that fault is directly the result of their illegal Haitian parents' decision to have their child in a country that will not recognize the child. They should go back to Haiti, have the child and then become illegals again if they are actually worried about it. A lot of the world's problems would become much smaller if people were held to be personally responsible for their choices and if countries would be responsible for their own citizens. If this means having a hard look at population control for the country then so be it.....
I love you <3 <3 <3

SHALENA

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
While many do cross the border on foot, I don't believe they represent the bulk of them. The vast majority come in by the truckloads with the complicity of the military. BTW crossing on foot through those mountains is not as easy as you think...it's pretty rough terrain and long distances from any inhabitants.

This is totally untrue, the illegals that can't pay the fee at the boarder crossing find other ways. Now I'd like to share a story told to me by my Haitian gardener.

Michelle Dessalin, a Haitian national, tells me that he first arrived in Santiago in 1997, then he was only 14 years old. When he first crossed the boarder, his family made preparation to pay another Haitian to bring Michelle through the woods, he and about twenty other Haitian nationals walked all the way from Haiti to Santiago following the country side, sleeping by day and walking by night.

They walked from one "finca" to the other eating what ever they find on the way. He says these Haitians know the terrain very well, and they also know which "fincas" have the best eating. Remember most "fincas" on the DR side are manned by Haitians themselves.

I'm guessing the Haitian guide, has contact with the Haitian "finca" workers, this way when the illegals reach a certain "finca" they won't be disturbed by either the "finca" owner or authorities.

Anyhow this is how many get here, then from Santiago they are distributed to other parts of the country.

I digress, Michelle tells me when he first faced deportation some five years after being in Santiago, he found himself in Haiti again, he called his family and again they got someone to bring him back to Santiago. This time though he was much older and was determined to learn the route back to Santiago.

By his second deportation Michelle already knowing the terrain, decided to get back on his own. He gathered a few Haitians who never been across but wanted to come across, he then charged them a fee and he led them to Santiago.

Now it turns out when ever he is captured and deported, he walks back with a few of his fiends, him always leading the way and also charging the others a small fee. He also says on the way back he's found other groups of Haitian en route to Santiago.

So you see Suarenz, those mountains aren't as difficult as you think. It's not like they are crossing from Mexico to the US, where they have to cross a desert. On the DR side, the mountains are fertile and they sustain life, so please don't say this is not how most cross.

I really hope The Viccinis and others do mechanize their operation...but understand something. The government doesn't TELL people like them what to do, THEY tell the government...

Hogwash, "El Senado" is above anyone and all, this includes the Viccinis. The senate passes laws and whoever doesn't abide by them goes to jail. As I said earlier, the Viccinis have there days numbered as well.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Well here you have it...The resolution was revoked and the director of the immigration department has been called to the presidential palace to have a chat with Leonel. Leonel, Fadul y Ricardo Taveras reunidos en el Palacio Nacional - DiarioLibre.com

Supposedly they're going to start fining companies who hire illegals anywhere from 1500 to 7900 USD (Not sure if this is per employee or as a total). We'll see how well that plays with The Viccini's et al.

OMG! There's still hope!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
There's no hope Extremer, I heard they are tweaking things.

I can't wait until they start deporting all these foreigners who are in the country illegally...that of course includes those who have overstayed their visas. :laugh:

Dec 26, 2011
Supposedly they're going to start fining companies who hire illegals anywhere from 1500 to 7900 USD (Not sure if this is per employee or as a total). We'll see how well that plays with The Viccini's et al

This is key to curbing illegal immigration in any country. Fine the exploiters so you level the playing field with employers that do things legit. Rounding up or harassing the "illegals" is pointless.

Aceleron

Aug 9, 2011
I can't wait until they start deporting all these foreigners who are in the country illegally...that of course includes those who have overstayed their visas. :laugh:

If this is some sort of sly remark about my personal status, then your knocking on the wrong door. This gringo has been a legal resident since 05, have my own voting cedula and all. Got married in my home state of Michigan to my Dominican wife in 03.

These new laws don't affect me in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.