La Mulata Road Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
There will be a meeting for all residents of La Mulata Thursday, April 10, 7:00 pm at Las Canas to update everyone on the progress of the road. Mayor Vladimir Cespedes will be in attendance. If you want information or have questions, comments or concerns, please come.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I will post a reminder closer to the meeting time. Maybe we could address the crime issue at the same time and "kill 2 la drones with one stone" haha.

As for the La Mulata residents concerns about the road, if you have questions or comments, please attend. I have spent countless hours explaining to people what was stated at previous meetings and I am so tired of hearing "oh, I didn't know that". I am also tired of hearing all the negative "can't be done, not doing it right, too much money (when the person doesn't even know how much it is costing), I can't afford to pay, what about the guy next door who says he will never pay, yada, yada yada.

For petes sake! The road was nearly impassable! Something had to be done! Those of you who didn't get involved in a positive way are just waiting for the other guy to do it. Well, I am fed up with your excuses and armchair quarterbacking. If you had a better way, cheaper, faster and feasable, then where were you in the planning stages, besides fighting the positive people who have been working on this for more than a year! The planning is over and the construction has begun!

Pay! Find a way to pay! It's not that much when you consider what the bad road has done, and is doing to your vehicles! Repairs will cost you much more than $750 bucks! Your choice, now or later!

Believe me, it is much more pleasant and economical for everyone to get along than to have to choose sides and create world war III.

SASDomRep

Apr 1, 2008
There will be NO free protection/help/advice given on property or people to those that do not support the road improvements and all the hard work you have done. The fee can be paid towards the repairs in the municiple offices in Sosua. There is a large sign on the glass at the entrance showing you which office you go to. I think someones previous idea of a toll at the entrance of the road is great, why should others pay and those that dont want to pay have free usage/access. Perfectly legal as it is now a private road, you have started the repairs! n'est pas? I will support you in any way I can I promise, I think its disgraceful that all this has been left to you. Yes Id be glad to bring info on the security issue.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Campesina, I'm truly sorry that you're not getting the support you deserve, particularly since you have been so positive and enabling of others. It's a darn shame that the thoughtlessness & irresponsibility of others has driven you to feel so exhausted and frustrated. I really hope they're ashamed of themselves but I doubt they possess that level of sensitivity. Sad to see a good, positive, hard working person get disillusioned. Empathies.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Thanks, Lambada. I don't think I am as much disillusioned as angry at the petty bickering going on with people who have no intention of paying, but have way too many things to say about the way things are going. Put up or shut up. I will continue my positive thoughts and ideas and support the project in any way I can. I took the time to call a couple of other residents to inform them when the equipment finally arrived. We got a great photo and I have the photo proudly displayed in my office. That picture gives me strength every day.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Having never been there, is this an upscale neighbourhood or what? Kudos to you Campesina for your hard work. The person doing the work or making things happen rarely get noticed. Glad to see at least some people recognize your efforts.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2007
Campesina...One of my favorite friends has a saying...."No good deed goes unpunished." As someone who makes things happen, just keep rising above the naysayers. Leaders will always have critics.

Best of luck, and keep your head high!

Lindsey

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
When the road is all done and beautiful, you should piant a big yellow arrow on the road pointing at each of the deadbeats houses. Maybe a little humiliation might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.