Metrorail Construction Video

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is a better transport option than the cable car. It also has the capacity of moving more people at once. Even people afraid of heights are able to put up with that since a monorail feels stable and secure even when it's moving.

The only downside, in my opinion, is that the DR went with Alstom to buy the monorail trains. The DR should be aware it's in Latin America. First choice in this should be the monorails they build in Brazil. Plus, Brazil is still a developing country. They can use more demand for their products even if the DR, due to its size, doesn't produces much of that. Same with fighter jets for the air force (I think Brazil and Argentina are the only ones in Latin America that make their own fighter jets.) At least the OMSA buses were all made in Brazil (I think in Sao Paulo.) Look at the quality of Brazil made vehicles. Those buses were bought a while ago and they are still running, most look in perfect shape.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Unless they decide at some point in time to put a cap on the number of publicos licensed to drive in the city, the traffic problems will continue and as more people move into the city... get worse.

Fantastic video.
Thanks for sharing.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Strange. DPWorld is saying they arrived on the 18th, but you have the same photo from the 12th. Odd.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This system is suppose to have between 15 to 20 monorail trains. This is for the first line, more will be added for subsequent lines.They will not have drivers like the trains of the Metro of SD. Instead, they will be operated from a room in one of the stations.

I don't remember if the monorail at Walt Disney World is driven by someone, but at the Orlando airport and at JFK they have monorails (the Air Train in JFK may not be a true monorail, but it looks like one IMO; I've never been in that one, the WDW one only once and that was a long time ago while the most I've used is the one at the Orlando airport and only because there is no other option, lol) are driverless. I wonder if it will have a voice telling people where it's going. At the Orlando airport it has always been the voice of a man, though before it was in English and then in Spanish but now is in English only.