moving to the DR soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

Thank you Lothario666. Please please please J.Baby read the book. I was like you once, around 10 years ago. I have learned. I wrote the book for people like you. I am happy you are so happy and I hope you stay that way. I really do. I adore this country, I always have and I always will, but now my eyes are open much more than they were before and I think with more understanding comes more pleasure and fulfillment.

Matilda

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You make many fine points.

Yes and no.

I don't drive, subway service is great and take a lot of taxis. My kids are not forced to have flu shots. I travel overseas twice a year. I am not a caged animals during the winter, plenty of activities for children (I have membership to the ymca and a children museum). I have central park as my backyard, not bad ! Now, why would I want to sit outside of my house and drink beer ? LOL. We have cafes for that ! Price of organic food is going down as well.

I mean there is good and bad everywhere. 70% of kids may smoke weed, yet I could say 50 % of kids in DR can barely spell to save their lives. My kids don't get to be with a beautiful house with pool and caretaker, but they are learning to do house chores....they also exposed to a lot more diversity than anywhere in the world. They know all asians are not chino, LOL.

So, you see my point, there is good and bad everywhere. It all depends what you make of it.

Dec 26, 2011
Thank you Lothario666. Please please please J.Baby read the book. I was like you once, around 10 years ago. I have learned. I wrote the book for people like you. I am happy you are so happy and I hope you stay that way. I really do. I adore this country, I always have and I always will, but now my eyes are open much more than they were before and I think with more understanding comes more pleasure and fulfillment.

Matilda

Amen, Hermana.

Dec 26, 2011
Yes and no.

I don't drive, subway service is great and take a lot of taxis. My kids are not forced to have flu shots. I travel overseas twice a year. I am not a caged animals during the winter, plenty of activities for children (I have membership to the ymca and a children museum). I have central park as my backyard, not bad ! Now, why would I want to sit outside of my house and drink beer ? LOL. We have cafes for that ! Price of organic food is going down as well.

I mean there is good and bad everywhere. 70% of kids may smoke weed, yet I could say 50 % of kids in DR can barely spell to save their lives. My kids don't get to be with a beautiful house with pool and caretaker, but they are learning to do house chores....they also exposed to a lot more diversity than anywhere in the world. They know all asians are not chino, LOL.

So, you see my point, there is good and bad everywhere. It all depends what you make of it.

You too make many fine points. :)

Feb 15, 2005
Yes and no.

I hear you as I as well love Central Park in the summer and walks in the city, which is like no other in the world. Culturally New York is #1.

But you see my point. People bash DR, but I see folks in New York worn down in their late 40s and 50s by the hustle and bustle.

So, like you said, there is good and bad everywhere. You take and enjoy the best of it and work around the worse to lessen it's impact on you.

BTW the 'chino" comment was funny. In New York, there is a difference between saying "Xie xie" and "kamsahamnida".

Status
Not open for further replies.