New to site, have a question ?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hey AZB, I met her on Dominican Cupid, have you heard anything of that site ?....AZB in your experience for someone like me that is Hispanic and fluent in Spanish, what do you think I am looked at differently by women in DR than your typical American ?...I am asking you because I love reading your posts, your one of the reasons I singed up to this site.

So I will give you my opinion. Do not fall in love with the first girl you will meet. Most likely she is from a very poor background. She connects from a nearby internet cafe and she is desperate to find a man like you. Do come and meet her but keep your options open. Free webpages like Badoo - Free online dating, meet new people and find friends nearby. Personals with single men & women. and Tagged are way better than cupid. make sure the girls don't look like putas with super long cuero nails with designs printed or black or red tip nails. No fake or painted eye brows. These are all cuero, barrio chopa traits. If you want a real dominican girl, then come to santiago and do what romans do. Do not let a dominican york guide you around here. You will end up in a whore house. Do not let a expat guide you around here or those so called "global travelers", they will all land you in a brothel. Come here and see it for yourself. then also go to colombia but this place is for the big dogs. So start here then graduate to other places. You will do just fine here so just have fun for now and protect yourself. Do not make babies with them yet. No matter how good she is in bed, remember, the next one is better. So hold on to your cojones and settle in for the ride.
PM me if you want my number.
AZB

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
Bueno, hermano Bronxboy, mira eres del Bronx ?...I have alot friends from there, Boriquas y Dominicanos. She told me that she was redirected to the site, by a cousin of hers to meet a good man.What I like about her profile and there are some that are very provocative, but her fotos were modest.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
hey Bronxboy, I really enjoy your post as well, Thanks for the advice bro.

So do you live in DR ?...And by reading my posts what do you think ?...Would I be viewed differnet in DR because I speak fluent Spanish and I am use the culture ?

No. You are from the ubiquitiously located "over there" and that is all that matters. I doubt the sincerity of your 18 year old girlfriend. She may be the virginal beauty that Chip makes her out to be, but I think she is just a poor woman trying to make the best of a bad position and a "bad" body. She s probably percolating with curves that brought her to your attention in the first place on whatever website you used.

And no one doubts the integrity of the people that you meet online, but there is a huge degree of suspicion that one may be looking for true love and there are others who are looking for a score. A "good man" is such a subjective thing to say. Every woman wants that and every woman will say that. The definition of good is where you will catch your lumps. I am not sure if you could see that train coming when it does to know the difference. Dudes that write posts like your seldom have a grip on the nuances of the male/female interpersonal thing and tend to marry the first thing that moves.

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
Hi AZB thanks for the advice. Your awesome. Well yes I have noticed that their girls on there, that dressed very provocatively.But in her two photos she was dressed modestly.She lives in Santiago and I will be going there in 2 months.Hey AZB how do I instant message you on here for your phone number ?...it would be cool to talk with you and maybe hang out when I get there.

Reactions: Tamborista

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Added by Robert.

I think I need to get Christopher Hitchens as a mod :)

lol

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
JuanGonzo19,

Be very careful. Enjoy yourself and DO NOT commit to anything.
Follow AZB's advice to the T.
Many are looking for a meal ticket. Read the threads and do a search for 'sanky' using the search engine on this website..

A friends brother owned an internet cafe in a small town in DR. Business was steady. Consisted mainly of young guys & gals chatting with people from Europe & the US. They mostly scammed money out of the European ones & tried to get a visa from the US & Canadian ones.
He (owner) was invited to several weddings.
The business is now closed since he is waiting for his Canadian visa & his fiancee is sending enough $$$ to get by.

Just be careful. Very careful.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
JuanGonzo19,

Be very careful. Enjoy yourself and DO NOT commit to anything.
Follow AZB's advice to the T.
Many are looking for a meal ticket. Read the threads and do a search for 'sanky' using the search engine on this website..

A friends brother owned an internet cafe in a small town in DR. Business was steady. Consisted mainly of young guys & gals chatting with people from Europe & the US. They mostly scammed money out of the European ones & tried to get a visa from the US & Canadian ones.
He (owner) was invited to several weddings.
The business is now closed since he is waiting for his Canadian visa & his fiancee is sending enough $$$ to get by.

Just be careful. Very careful.

Awesome! Hahaha!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
........... I am 38 years old,single I work in Radio.I signed up a little while to DomnicanCupid.com, a great site. And I met a real nice girl from Santiago she is 18 years old, student and speaks very good Spanish. .......

..... What I like about her profile and there are some that are very provocative, but her fotos were modest.

Juan,

Hope you are not too surprised when you meet her in person.
Many people on those sites do not use their own photos.

Ask her in your next conversation if all the pictures that are supposed to be her's on Dominican Cupid are pictures of herself.

Don - SantiagoDR

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Keep in mind that whatever she's telling you she is also saying to the other guys who are making travel plans as we speak to meet her and her family.

Just make sure your hotel stay doesn't overlap with her other clients-things could get awkward.

It is beyond me what an almost 40 year-old man raised in the states would want with an 18 year-old Dominican girl (besides the obvious).

What in the world would you have in common? You're talking about different levels of maturity and education, different expectations (many that are matter-of-fact to her will sound outrageous to you and vice versa), and vastly different life experiences.

My feeling is you wouldn't be at all interested in the DR if it wasn't because someone told you about a site where Dominican women are falling all over themselves to meet guys like you.

This is how it's going to play out-at her house you'll get a reception from her family like Sammy Sosa did when he came back after hitting 66 homers in 1998.

Her little brothers and sisters are probably her kids. Rest assured that at least one of them will be. Her male cousin, the one that's always leaving as soon as you show up, is one of the fathers of her kids. Suddenly he's hanging around because he is very interested in how he'll get to the US after she divorces you, which is the plan all along.

If you want to meet a woman with the intention of a long-term relationship leading to marriage, go to the island and meet some professional, middle-class people and if you aren't completely hopeless they'll introduce you to beautiful, educated young women who don't have profiles on internet dating sites, where the vast majority are either straight-up scammers or just stupid little girls playing games out of sheer boredom.

Merry Christmas.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
has anyone mentioned there are plenty of latino ladies already living in the USA, so you could save on the airfare and meet them in your home town, I'm brilliant sometimes ........ oh they dont show any interest in you at home, ah well back to the on-line dating

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
LOL. You have 20 years in the US, aged 18 to 38 ? in NY area I believe ? and you think you know Latin culture.
That means you don't know American culture, much less Latin.
Latinos tend to dress decently and have respect ? that is those Latinos who aren't following NY-Hollywood culture destroying fads of tank tops, jailhouse pants, bubble wrap-around sunglasses, etc. etc. etc.

Settle in, live and learn. No decisions for at least a full year.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
LOL. You have 20 years in the US, aged 18 to 38 — in NY area I believe — and you think you know Latin culture.
That means you don't know American culture, much less Latin.
Latinos tend to dress decently and have respect — that is those Latinos who aren't following NY-Hollywood culture destroying fads of tank tops, jailhouse pants, bubble wrap-around sunglasses, etc. etc. etc.

Settle in, live and learn. No decisions for at least a full year.

Apart from the final sentence, this was a stupid post. I think you watch too much MTV. And "dress decently and have respect" is a supercilious and idiosyncratic statement. Everywhere on the country, there are women and men who are wearing jeans waaaaay too tight for them.

But anyway, for the OP let us know how it works out. And remember those crazy things she says to you like "a women has needs" or "I want the good life, or the good things in life", or "I want a man who values me as a woman." Or anything of that nature which is an euphemistically kind way of begging for money without actually begging nor giving guilt. And if she is an 18 year old babe talking to you, a 38 year old dude she never met from a country she has never been to, she is expecting you to "take care of her needs."

What always get me is how they find countless ways to rationalize prostitution and I assume the guilt and moral conditions that go with it. Baked goods without frosting and candles may not be a birthday cake but it is still a cake.

Last edited:

Cred

Dec 19, 2010
So the chances of this being a diamond in the rough are one in a million. Just like most other places. It always seems suspect that a "nice girl" would need to be on a website to meet available men. Unless there is an angle she is working...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
So the chances of this being a diamond in the rough are one in a million. Just like most other places. It always seems suspect that a "nice girl" would need to be on a website to meet available men. Unless there is an angle she is working...

Think "Show me the way" by Peter Frampton.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
This is quickly becoming the "gentler and kinder" DR1; not long ago the OP would have had his Axx-hoooole torn to shreds for his post. Just thinking out loud.;) Feliz Navidad a todos and Merry Christmas to all.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
A nasty two one.

Wasn't trying to be. See bolded below.

Hola, I am new here.I live in the US, my name is Juan. I was born in Spain, my mother is from Spain and father is from Barbados. I speak Spanish and English fluently, but I prefer to speak Spanish.

I have lived in the US for over 20 years, but I am not Americanized at all, my Latin culture to me is more important.I don't like the American way of life, I will not date or marry a White or Black American, don't like them too much, my Latin people are everything to me.My whole life revolves around my culture...Music,Customs, etc.

GEF girl

Oct 20, 2010
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPLcmUv5be0?fs=1&hl=es_ES&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPLcmUv5be0?fs=1&hl=es_ES&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I hope OP goes to the DR, marries his 18 year old, takes her to the US and lives happily ever after, after all lo que importa es el amor y no lo que diga la gente. :bunny:

Last edited: