Nikki Beach Cabarete Grand Opening - Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
There is one thing I didn't put in my review. It has bothered me, so I have decided to add this item of information.

The night we ate at Nikki Beach there was a large table of good looking, wealthy appearing Dominican 20 somethings. They had finished up and were paying and casually commenting that they wished they had a credit card to pay the bill. The young gringo waiter was talking to them, trying to impress them. He was somewhat loud. He bragged, "Oh, you won't believe the things I have done over the years with credit cards."

Now, I am hoping that he meant that he has done lots of things and paid for them with his credit card.

But just in case that was NOT his intended meaning, I would warn Nikki Beach restaurant goers to be very careful about charging their meals on a credit card. You might be taking a risk, especially since the wait staff goes inside the restaurant to run the card through the machine.

Just a few words of precaution.

Lindsey

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
?never out of sight

Having had my card cloned in the DR somewhere in Sosua or Cabarete, I now never let my card be caried out of my sight, I follow it to the cash register wherever I may be. I also got the new card with the PIN code and the chip. I strongly recommend it cuts down on cloning.

There is one thing I didn't put in my review. It has bothered me, so I have decided to add this item of information.

The night we ate at Nikki Beach there was a large table of good looking, wealthy appearing Dominican 20 somethings. They had finished up and were paying and casually commenting that they wished they had a credit card to pay the bill. The young gringo waiter was talking to them, trying to impress them. He was somewhat loud. He bragged, "Oh, you won't believe the things I have done over the years with credit cards."

Now, I am hoping that he meant that he has done lots of things and paid for them with his credit card.

But just in case that was NOT his intended meaning, I would warn Nikki Beach restaurant goers to be very careful about charging their meals on a credit card. You might be taking a risk, especially since the wait staff goes inside the restaurant to run the card through the machine.

Just a few words of precaution.

Lindsey

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
We were here in Cabarete on the night of the all-white party, and honestly it looked kinda lame. We were at the surrounding bars....so many stuck up white people wearing all white. We didn't have much interest in partying there. We had a ton of fun at the World Music festival on Saturday night, which seemed a much more fun party than the Nikki Beach opening. Nikki Beach is the one bar we haven't had much interest in going to as it doesn't seem to fit in with the whole Cabarete vibe. My boyfriend calls it the "douchebag bar" as it reminds him too much of the bars back in the states with overpriced drinks and tons of "bros" if you will. To each their own, I suppose.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Emily,
The opening party was very good, at least after 10pm.

However, to suggest it was "all white people" is more than a little misleading.
There were many Dominicans there & the few times I've walked by on weekend afternoons, it was Dominicans at the tables. Check the photos for an indication of that...

or just look around the bar in this one. only 'white' face I see there is one of the bartenders.

x4n2bl.jpg

I agree with you that they attempt to cater to snob appeal & we'll have to see if they manage to fit into Cabarete in the long run.

By the way, how's it going handling the hookers? http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/105874-how-handle-hookers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.