"Out of 8 New Yorkers, 1 is Dominican"

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Dominican counsilwoman for the 10th District of Upper Manhattan says that from 8 New Yorkers, 1 is Dominican. It should be noted this is counting Dominican-Americans too. Limiting to Dominican immigrants still doesn't reach that amount.

In Spanish. (7/28/2023)

PS. Another typical thing among many Dominicans in NYC and the USA, near the end it's revealed that she (who was born in Las Terrenas) only has one family member left in the DR, her grandmother. Everybody else in her family either left the DR or was born in the USA.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
How many are there legally?
Most, but from what several people seem to say ever since the "vuelta por México" started, many of SD's riffraff are now appearing in NYC. Many of them are devoting to the same thing they were doing in SD (many people walking the streets of certain parts of NYC are now having people on mopeds riding up to them on the sidewalk and mugging them, including ripping off gold chains.) Dominican neighborhoods in NYC are now becoming more like the ones in SD. Based on the comments, people are nit happy about this and this includes Dominicans that have been there for years. Some are even starting to move away from NYC because things have changed alot in recent times.

Those that arrive through the "vuelta de México" (aka, through the US-Mexican border) are all illegals. Once in the US, most make a beeline to NYC.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Most, but from what several people seem to say ever since the "vuelta por México" started, many of SD's riffraff are now appearing in NYC. Many of them are devoting to the same thing they were doing in SD (many people walking the streets of certain parts of NYC are now having people on mopeds riding up to them on the sidewalk and mugging them, including ripping off gold chains.) Dominican neighborhoods in NYC are now becoming more like the ones in SD. Based on the comments, people are nit happy about this and this includes Dominicans that have been there for years. Some are even starting to move away from NYC because things have changed alot in recent times.

Those that arrive through the "vuelta de México" (aka, through the US-Mexican border) are all illegals. Once in the US, most make a beeline to NYC.
Good, they can stay there and not pollute the normal states.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Case in point, this was published on August 1.

7:26

Last edited:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I am glad I never moved in NY, originally that was dream but my wife dragged me straight from DR to NC. I was depressed during the first couples years but now when I visit NY I see it was a smart decision.

JJ