"Pay for Play" new documentary on prostitution in the Dominican Rep.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Stuff of Nightmares

Dont knock a big ass. I dont....well actually I do....wink wink:laugh:

Imagine going up a mountain on a surface lift, say a t-bar. She's in front of you and as the elevation rises loses her grip and those 'child-bearing hips' come hurtling down at you... :paranoid::eek::hurt::dead:

800px-T-bar_lift.JPG

The horror...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I don't know who is more stupid, me for watching it all (I had my suspicions it would continue to be nonsense), or him for having the nerve to put his silly ramblings on youtube and embarrass his family like this. The guy is a fool. He obviously think he has a talent, I think not. He could at least have done a little research so he could actually document properly what he was doing, where he was, who he was dealing with and so on.
Terrible, unclear uncertain, dull and extremely uninformative of anything.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
And if you don't speak Spanish, at least take a translator with you! He's a stupid ass....

SHALENA

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Waste of Time...

Seems like more of a promotion video than documentary, also it seems he knows all the shady spots & people to visit hmmm....

Also notice the madam of the hidden brothel comes up and hugs him like a long time customer hmmmm....

I bet he's been coming to DR for awhile for the prostitution, and probably got his heart broken when he realized his dominican princess had more than one gringo prince, now it's pay back time. Just a hunch.

Plus he must have upset alot of people, as they have posted all his information online ie full name, place of employment (Jet Blue) which explains why he was probably in the DR instead of somewhere like Brazil.

Overall just a lame attempt to get 15 min of fame that backfired, that's why those comments are off on you tube.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
This documentary or live transmission ( live ????)

Is the work of a very bad amateur. That like to play he is working for 60 minutes .

I have a minor education in television and documentaries . I should easy make a documentary about prostitution in DR 10 times better than him.

He broke all the rules for television and documentary, too subjective , bad use of camera, no extra light , etc... no script or plan.. And he is a terrible reporter
And I laugh at his undertext, and the mark on the right with a graphic photo of the world. He couldn't speak Spanish, no or terrible translation.

If he had applied to major television school and send this video in as a part of the application, would he not be accepted. Because he has no talent for make television program .

Seriously, cant understand why OP make a thread and a link to this incredible and terrible subjective documentary about prostitution in DR. This is amateur video on the lowest level.

CRAP,CRAP, CRAP.......

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010
Seriously, cant understand why OP make a thread and a link to this incredible and terrible subjective documentary about prostitution in DR. This is amateur video on the lowest level.

CRAP,CRAP, CRAP.......

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,speak/write!!

You 2 are funny! Don't shoot the MESSENGER! Regrettably, I had to watch the entire video as well. Trust me, I was just as disappointed as you are. There are several reasons why I am disappointed.

1. I am avid viewer of documentaries. And this should not even be labeled a "documentary". It's a below average in a number of areas. Overall presentation, host, quality, outline/script, editing, etc.

2. I have strong ties to the Dominican Republic and I was "hoping" to see this topic addressed on a more "authentic" or "straight from the streets" manner (as opposed to a major network like CNN or HBO), where the heart of the issue is addressed and no one is being exploited.

HOWEVER...after watching the entire video. I see that (although his intentions were good), he was not the properly trained for this job. He lacked understanding of the language, he did not have a clear outline or questions, and he filmed in a rather minute area and did not venture out enough to other areas in the Dominican Rep.

Most of the posters just say its CRAP...and it is a below average film. But it had potential. The real problem was "the presenter"; this subject matter really needs to be brought to light and explored on a sociological/psychological level.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
he sucked and I couldnt bring myself to watch 42 minutes of it. this is like getting dental work in a back alley with a guy who only have 3 sets of rusty pliers.

it NEVER had potential because he concentrates in the shtty areas and the ugly babes who turn tricks for subsistence. And makes all of these presumptive conclusions which he cannot support because he doesnt speak the language enough to interact with the people on his own apart from the hookers who learned english as a career bonus.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
comments on video

I saw the video and give the guy some credit. No one is doing at least half of what he is doing to bring attention to a serious problem DR has. He did make some valid points about the cycle from grand ma to 12 years old girls. The guy is totally a rookie, yes but his intention was there. Maybe he was part of a church orginization or doing something for school. It did look like all the girls were willing to give him some and were unsure of what he is doing there. He could pass as a dominicano as well apart from not speaking english. One thing he did point out that was very true is the expectation that some women have from a young age and that was "you look like a hundred dollar bill" It really breaks my heart that DR is number 4 in sex tourism and yes people come to DR to get laid for cheap. Including Black Americans and dominicans as well. There needs to be a change in culture of whats acceptable and whats not. Even the semi pimp says he would hate for his daughter sister mother to get into it , but also points out when there is severe poverty mom and dad asks no question about wheres the money coming from.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Why did you have to mention "BLACK AMERICANS" I lived in the DR for 8 years and the "PERVES" that I mostly saw were not Black Americans. Don't you make this a racial thing, when in reality it's a global issue. Have you been to Cuba well I have and have you been to Brazil.....I have and who I see violating the poor is mostly "OLD MEN" and not of Negro decent. For you to mention any race is so ignorant on your part I dont know what to say, but I will tell you this. Anytime you have poverty there will be those who prey on the less fortunate, not only for "CHEAP SEX" So I say to you kapitan75 Lets talk about the economic situation and that is the real reason that the country is in the state it's in. Read the thread about 17% wage increase vs the inflation rate and maybe you will get a clue.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
To barker1964: Poor wages have little to do with Dominican girls selling their bodies. I know numerous poor Dominicans and they don't sell their bodies. They work as secretaries, bank employees, store employees.....etc. The smart ones continue on with university (almost free in the DR) and become teachers,lawyers, accountants, dentists, doctors...etc. Sexual explotation is carried by all races, not one more than another.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
To barker1964: Poor wages have little to do with Dominican girls selling their bodies. I know numerous poor Dominicans and they don't sell their bodies. They work as secretaries, bank employees, store employees.....etc. The smart ones continue on with university (almost free in the DR) and become teachers,lawyers, accountants, dentists, doctors...etc. Sexual explotation is carried by all races, not one more than another.

That is the point that I was trying to make. Simply put it's not a race thing as the person that I responded to was trying to make it. We all have options in life it's just of us choose different paths.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

The everyday workers and your "smart ones" who move up the food chain are sexually exploited by their bosses and male coworkers on a regular basis. Going out with a vacationing foreigner or two is not nearly as "exploitive" and usually includes dinner, at least. How do you think their college tuition and books get paid for?