Presidente

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hadrian

How can you state "although I know for sure" in context with your statement of "it is approved by the USDA" and not imply that you have express knowledge of same? It is a complete contradiction in terms

the only odor I notice is that of "as... kissing" of obviously symbiotic posters.

About time to ban me or remove my posts as you have no obvious factual reply to my argument other than to try and discredit me or lead the issue away from your own erroneous statements.

I have seen, read and understand your way of deduction and retaliation, you will attempt to say I am another poster (I don't suppose there are any other Road Runner Customers from New York?), or someone with a grudge etc., then divert the original issue, that of being PM and or MBC are the factual "owners" of Presidente" beer.

Then we will have the "locals" that permeate the board (it happens with all message boards) chime in and support the assertions of their favorite sons and daughters, saying how horrible and incorrect this outsider is.

Have your fun, this isn't my life as it appears to be for some, so enjoy arguing amongst yourselves as I have made my remarks and left. If you were to look at the global picture it would really embarrass you to see how myopic your views are, how closed the "community" you dwell in has become. Open up, experience the world and offer opinions other than "if Rob says it is correct, then it is so. If Pib says it is correct, Rob must agree , then it is so. if Hillbilly makes a statement, Pib and rob agree so it is so, geez!!!, so pitiful"

Why not accept the facts and go on?

Good day ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I didn't mention anyone, did I? Sounds to me like you have presumed yourself guilty? Now why would you do that?

Whatever, see ya...

H

Hadrian

Rob

Your implication was clear to anyone but a moron, there were only 3 people involved in this dispute and unless you were calling your lemming "Pib" a sock puppet, you could only be referring to me. your little snippet assuages nothing but your own ego and reinforces my previous statement

Pib, your case was dismissed long ago, giving leave to "rest your case" is not an option when it no longer has merit

I have lurked long enough to recognize a close minded self promoting group of people as you are, fortunately much interesting information is also available if you avoid the "oh Rob, you're so good, Oh Pib, you are so clever etc" that continues ad nauseum.

I'm certain you will feel the need to post a clever (within your limited scope) reply yet again (as I am foolish enough to do) but you can congratulate one another from henceforth, it's immaterial to try and debate with people who only support themselves with the assumptions and congratulations of each other.

And this was about beer! I wonder what you post when something has relevance or importance to the real world, I gather to infer nothing. Are you tied to your computer

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
:)
Thanks for subscribing to the "I can't live without Pib" support group.

edited to add:
I suggest that you email me if you have anything further to say. It seems like your ramblings have more to do with some personal problems that should not be aired in a thread that has been more than hijacked.

Last edited:
H

Hadrian

This may not be the result of "six search engines" or the knowledge of a former employee, but I tried something very difficult http://www.presidentebeer.com/

It may not be official but hopefully will answer your questions

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Published by E. Le?n Jim?nes???Not Miller?? Hummm

HB

Then I went to the site that you put up. it said quite clearly that Miller imports Presidente from the DR...

You might be able to fly a machine but I think you drank a bit too much of that avgas, jarhead!...

Nowhere does it say that Miller brews or owns Presidente, which was my point....

I am sure you can read a flight manual so I think you should read these posts before you go flying off the handle...

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Hadrian - Thanks for your Presidente opinion.

I too do not believe that bottles of Presidente are chosen at random to be shipped to the US.

I like supercooled beer, as it typically is in the DR, and it has just the right body to go well in the tropical heat. But even that is not enough to account for the difference, I think. The Presidente in the US has too much of an "Americanized" taste, as so many imports do.

Does anyone remember the Lowenbrau fiasco? It used to be my favorite beer. Then suddenly, circa 1972, the gold labelled bottles were replaced with blue labelled ones. The only clue I could find on the label was that it was "bottled" by Miller (I think) in the US. The beer was awful. Apparently many agreed with me because I haven't seen it for years.

If what a company or other entity asserts goes against our own common sense, which should we believe? Are our memories so short that we've already forgotten Enron, etc.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Let me say this again... it is the SAME frigging beer! It is only the bottle that is different because export bottles are only used once, as opposed to local bottles which are used many times. The label is also different.

This is how it works, Sales Department tells Operation that they need one containter for shipping. They change the bottles and there it goes. Same beer. Who told me? I saw it, with my two own eyes. Actually I've seen it more than once. Satisfied?

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Pib is right. We have spoken to a number of people that have toured the bottling plant and current employees of Presidente, they ALL say the same thing, it's the same line, just new bottles and export labels.

What more proof do you need? Maybe if you come down we can arrange for you to see it with your own two eyes...

H

Hadrian

Well Pib, didn't anyone ever tell you not to believe everything you see? Rob, I don't give much credence to who you have spoken to or how many times you have spoken to them, Hillbilly, be careful with your 'point" or some "Jarhead" (we rather take a dim view of anyone but those who have earned the Eagle Globe and Anchor using that term), it's aprivilige not a right, takes a very "dull point" and inserts it up your vent :) as for "avgas," don't know of any USMC Helos that burn it, most burn good ole Kero, but that would again have a prerequisite of either first hand knowledge or ability to comprehend to know that,so best put that handle back on YOU flew off and read this report so you can choke a little

http://www.philipmorris.com/docs/investor_rel/2001_AnnualReports/2001AnnualRpt_Full.pdf

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
If you mean that we shouldn't believe every raving lunatic that posts stuff that he/she scrapes from under her/his toenails in a public message board when she/he has no idea what he/she is talking about and only does it because she/he doesn't really have a life other than stalking people on DR1... yes, I advise you not to do that. There are all kind of whackos out there, you must be careful whom you believe to.

Last edited:
H

Hadrian

As they say Mr?Miss Pib: If your shoe fits, wear it. That link is to a well respected and documented source, NOT Pib's Dominican Laws or Fables. When trut and logic fail you, try to cover with bluster.

the enemy has us surronded; now we have them just where we want them

6 of you with no ammuntion are no match for one with the weapon of knowledge

Go ahead and refute Phillip Morris's report, i am waiting

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Let me see: The first website that you posted was a test page with dummy links. ABSOLUBTELY nothing there.

Please quote exactly in either site where it says that Presidente is manufacturing two versions of their beer. Please Mr. Hadrian et. al., enlighten this humble peasant.

Apr 26, 2002
Hadrian said:
Rob

And this was about beer! I wonder what you post when something has relevance or importance to the real world...

You know nothing about anything, Hadrian. WHAT could possibly be more important than beer???

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
so PM is the parent companyof Miller

By the way, I live in Ny and use Road Runner.

If you guys found more out, please post it. The beer does taste different in NY and it is not a mind thing. It may be the temp as stated before or it can be that is is brewed here.

According to the Miller site, they say that they imported from DR. The site makes it sound like it is a business partner.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hadrian is back, lucky us. Yawn...

What is it now, you getting bored again up in Maine?
Or is it LA?

I'm not going to bother to reply in regard to Presidente.
Some people just don't get it?

If you want to know the story as told by the people that run the company, email me.

Thread Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.