Q about UK Passport renewal

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
For the shockingly high fee they charge us for the service they should be able incorporate a step in the procedure in which they e-mail us with a UPS tracking number once the passport is sent back.

Of course they should. Ms. Forsyth's mail which I posted above about 'not having the resources' to notify applicants is, IMHO, hogwash. Surely there are automated systems which exist which can automatically notify applicants about progress with applications? I'm sure there are tech savvy people here who know of such software already in existence (which probably costs under US$100). And if these software applications are not quite suitable, then we KNOW that the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office has its own team of programmers, because, if you work in a Consular/Embassy office you receive monthly website security data, so...... one of these good folks could write a simple programme.

As promised above I did write to David Milliband UK Foreign Secretary, first to the wrong address (his MP address) & then when I realised my error, to his Foreign Secretary email address. I received (automated ;) ) acknowledgements of both mails but........nothing further. I'm debating now whether to try one more time or whether to give it to the UK media to pursue. I have had mails from a number of people who have suffered unnecessary difficulties with this new passport system. Obviously those remain absolutely confidential unless/until the writers decide to 'come out' so to speak, but the FCO and Washington should know there is considerable dissatisfaction around. I would also remind sister and brother Brits that those of us who are UK tax payers are contributing towards the salaries of said Passport Office staff. Which reminds me, those wanting to vote in upcoming UK General Election need to have registered by 20th. April, I believe.
Electoral Registration Form for a British Citizen living overseas