(Re) Introduction

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
This may be a re-introduction because I joined in 2017, but then went dormant for a long time. I worked in Haiti after the quake for 8 years and spent a lot of R&R in the DR and highly considering it for 1 of my retirement stops as I can't stand to be in one location too long. We will have at least 2 retirement locations- 1 in DR & maybe 1 in east Africa). Veteran living in southeast Florida but working abroad for 15 years and counting (Haiti and west Africa).

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This may be a re-introduction because I joined in 2017, but then went dormant for a long time. I worked in Haiti after the quake for 8 years and spent a lot of R&R in the DR and highly considering it for 1 of my retirement stops as I can't stand to be in one location too long. We will have at least 2 retirement locations- 1 in DR & maybe 1 in east Africa). Veteran living in southeast Florida but working abroad for 15 years and counting (Haiti and west Africa).
Welcome to Wonderland.
What type of work were you doing in Haiti?

Reactions: Buzz65

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Good to see you back, Buzz. I believe you said you were a veteran, correct?

Thanks for your service, and hope you return soon, even though I bet you're enjoying yourself in Africa. :)

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
Good to see you back, Buzz. I believe you said you were a veteran, correct?

Thanks for your service, and hope you return soon, even though I bet you're enjoying yourself in Africa. :)
Yes, and thank you Sir.

Africa is quite interesting, not to be coy, but I can't say I am enjoying the location I work in the south Sahel. Let's just say I have a bunker nearby ;).

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
Lost cause.
No doubt you'll see better results in Africa.
Oh.... I could tell stories from there like seeing a young girl in line on her Apple laptop for a humanitarian distribution. . But outside of PaP, I found the people beautiful and amazing. Port Salut is like the paradises in rural DR coasts.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Oh.... I could tell stories from there like seeing a young girl in line on her Apple laptop for a humanitarian distribution. . But outside of PaP, I found the people beautiful and amazing. Port Salut is like the paradises in rural DR coasts.
I dated a girl from Saint-Marc for about a month while living on the North Coast.
Interesting people indeed.

Reactions: Buzz65