red lights at night?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Old Dominican "Proverb"!

Women,and "Red Lights",neither get any respect after midnight!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
It cost me to get used even here in the US as in DR we respect a "stop sign" if there is incoming traffic on right of way only.
Other than that it's a stupidity for me to stop when I'm sure thre is not cars or people in right of way.
Here I have to do it, fines are really expensive and police cars are every where.

That is the difference.

JJ
Here I have to do it, fines are really expensive and police cars are every where.
Thats called enforcing the law. something not done here.

This is a joke right, respect a stop sign, in your dreams. go stand on the corner of Palo Hincado, and Padre Billini in the colonial zone SD Hincado has the stop sign. or Billini and Pi?a tell me who is respecting stop signs.
Respecting the sign does not mean honk and go, without even slowing down. If you want more corners just ask. The signs and lights have only one meaning. and that is NONE.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Thats called enforcing the law. something not done here.

This is a joke right, respect a stop sign, in your dreams. go stand on the corner of Palo Hincado, and Padre Billini in the colonial zone SD Hincado has the stop sign. or Billini and Pi?a tell me who is respecting stop signs.
Respecting the sign does not mean honk and go, without even slowing down. If you want more corners just ask. The signs and lights have only one meaning. and that is NONE.

And here we come with the old "they drive better in the US than in the DR". In the DR there's way less accidents than here even with the lack of traffic law enforcement there. Stop sign, that's the most stupid thing invented ever, I mean slow down ok, but completely stop?? The difference is that here I completely stop for the same reason Bachata stated, I'm not working to fund the city budget. For example: In the US at 3:00AM in the morning cars will go by a green light without a problem, and when a drunk passes the red light a tragic accident occurs. In the DR nobody in their right mind will run a green light in the wee hours without first slowing down and making sure there's nobody running the red light at 120 MPH. Driver awareness, in the DR is way (and I mean WAY) higher than in the US.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I know about the law/rule of being able to run a red light, if you are turning right, in the US (if you do not endanger the traffic...)

By my knowledge, no such law excists in France, and for my job I drove a lot in France. If such a law would excist there, I would...

- first of all, have spend a lot of time, uselessly, at traffic signs...
- secondly, never dare to try it, knowing how the French drive...

On the other hand... if you run a red light, which is against the law (whether regularly enforced or not...), you should not bicker about the fine... you knew beforehand you were comitting a felony...

(btw... from Santiago to La Vega there is one traffic light... and when it is red, I'm prob the only moron stopping there, with cars honking angrily at me for doing so, and passing me left and right, and me fearing for my life every second of that red light... but I'm sure I would also be the only moron being fined for crossing it...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
(btw... from Santiago to La Vega there is one traffic light... and when it is red, I'm prob the only moron stopping there, with cars honking angrily at me for doing so, and passing me left and right, and me fearing for my life every second of that red light... but I'm sure I would also be the only moron being fined for crossing it...

Are you talking about the first light when you when you head on Autopista Duarte right in front of Plaza Monumental? I have seen many cars rear ended in this light, people who comes from other cities don't know that there is an express way when taking the right lane. This is the reason of the yellows cement balls in the floor.

JJ

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
And here we come with the old "they drive better in the US than in the DR". In the DR there's way less accidents than here even with the lack of traffic law enforcement there. Stop sign, that's the most stupid thing invented ever, I mean slow down ok, but completely stop?? The difference is that here I completely stop for the same reason Bachata stated, I'm not working to fund the city budget. For example: In the US at 3:00AM in the morning cars will go by a green light without a problem, and when a drunk passes the red light a tragic accident occurs. In the DR nobody in their right mind will run a green light in the wee hours without first slowing down and making sure there's nobody running the red light at 120 MPH. Driver awareness, in the DR is way (and I mean WAY) higher than in the US.

Never said they drive better, and oh yes the tampons in SD are sooooo much better. Have no problem with the all lights are green after midnight. just the parking and watch the guys on Billini stoping for the one on Hincado that have the sign. Show one street in the capital that can carry its laidout amount of traffic, as they are cut down to half the number of lanes due to parking where the hell ever you want.