Renting a Place for One Month

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
yes i do know... the 15 and the 30. She gets 6000 on each... If you do your research you will find that certain jobs in the hotel industry are exempt from the minimum wage. My GF gets 6000 on the 15 and 6000 on the 30. I have seen her account and seen how she charges
I see. Is that exemption because she is working less hours than full time employment? Interesting.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The only problem with going to Punta Cana is that you won't get much of a flavour of real Dominican life. However, I know a lot of gringos like it there. EASTSIDE, as someone has said.
Although EASTSIDE might be the wrong geographical area for the purpose of OP's trip, I would agree that area gives a fair representation of Dominican people. By that I mean there are many working class people, very close to capital, most homes are small and neat. Close to several large supermarkets and of course Mega Mall. My experiences there have given me a fair view of one side of life for a Dominican that is not living in the campo or tourist area.

Reactions: NanSanPedro