Residency.... Citizenship what?s the difference?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If you rely on the DR1 forum as the a place to find truth, you'll be overwhelmed with opposing "facts".....if you contact a reliable attorney like Guzman Ariza as I did, you'll just recieve the simple truth.

Here is an excerpt of the e-mail I recieved back that contains said truth:

"Thank you for your interest in our services. We would be more than happy to assist you.

To start the citizenship process you need to provide the followings documents:

1) Certified copy of the marriage certificate, legalized at the Junta Central Electoral. If the marriage took place abroad, the certificate should be apostilled and if the country is not signatory of the Hague Convetion for the Apostille, it should be authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate. If the marriage certificate is in a foreign language, it should be translated into Spanish by a translator certified in the DR and authenticated at the General Attorney’s office in Santo Domingo.

2) Certified copy of the husband’s birth apostilled and if the country is not signatory of the Hague Convetion for the Apostille, authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate.

3) Certified copy of the wife’s birth certificate, legalized at the Junta Central Electoral.

4) 5 pictures, 2 x 2, of the husband.

5) Photocopy of the wife’s C?dula.

6) Photocopy of the husband’s Passport.

7) Stamps, government fees, etc.

The couple should be married for at least six months before submitting the application and you should be provisional dominican resident by at least six months."

Even that 6months provisional resident pointer contradicts what I have just been told by someone who has just been through the process and is to be sworn in next week. That 6months is 2years apparently, and I have no reason to doubt either of you, especially her as she has just done it, lol.
So maybe the only real way of knowing which rules you will need to follow is by doing it.
GA are good and thorough, I've used them in the past, maybe things have changed over the last 6 months if this is today, from them.

Hmmmmm...... that last sentence gets me.

If I want to apply for Dominican citizenship [married to Dominican for 36 years] I have to first live there for six months?????

I can't do that under the current/upcoming law.

What is a "provisional" resident? Temporary resident?

You don't have to live there full time to be a resident, but you must visit quite often. like 4 to 5 times a year.

dzixiangc0

Jul 19, 2012
hellohellohhellhellohellohhell.
xiaowang1.jpg

xiaowang2.jpg

xiaowang3.jpg

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
These are the conditions to apply for citizenship.
In order to become a Dominican citizen it is necessary to be a child of a Dominican citizen; be married to a Dominican; or to have lived in the country for at least 6 months after acquiring residency, with a total time in the country of at least two years and have a business, have bought real estate or have served in the Dominican Armed Forces.

So, having Permanent Residency and a Dominican kid (with a Dominican) is not enough to apply for citizenship? No, not married.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
To serve in the Dominican armed forces first you have to buy your own uniforms.
They make every thing here EASY!

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Would the time i served in my own military count for retirement? The director of AMET was a one stripper in U.S. Army came home and they made him a General. Gee i can see my STARS now.