"Sankies For Dummies"- Parts 1,2,3

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Off hand I must add that I do not believe that ALL resort workers are sankies. There is something called common sense that if some people would just use their common sense, they would know a sankie from a mile away. Ony thing that amazes me is that some of the lines that some people fall for, have been used for generations. At the resort, at the beach, at the disco and everywhere while on vacation, use your common sense.

Do tourists know that a resort worker is supposed to be courteous, friendly and cordial at all times?. No. They are that way because they are supposed to be that way with you. They are supposed to be extra friendlier to whomever come to the resort. It's in their job description. The better they treat you, the more time you will go to that resort and the more you go, the better it's for business. It does not matters if you are 5 or 90 years of age, fat or skinny, ugly or beautitul, they WILL try to treat you like royalty.

Some will take a vacation for various reasons. Could be because they are tired of the every day routine, tired of the kids, tired or working without a break, tired of their spouses, just ended a relationship, being treated bad in previous relationships, being taken for granted or just for the fact that you need a break from it all. For any reason whatsoever, there are many tourists that are vulnerable, some may have a very low self-steam for any of the above reasons and then they end up going to a place where everybody is going to treat you great. They are going to make you aware that you are marvelous and that you are the greatest thing in God's green earth. They will flirt with you non stop. They will make you aware that you are loved, desired, beautiful, special and wanted. They will make you see yourself as being this magnificant speciment that can do no wrong. Since everybody is being so nice to you, now you will start to feel more at ease and will let your guard down. Since your guard is down, then that's where the party begins.

By the time you open up, they already know more about you than what you think. They started studying you the minute you walked thru the door. "Max" tells me that they even make bets to see who is going to score first, who is going to bed them first, who is going to make more money off you. "Max" says that to them a score is a score and they know that the uglier, and fatter the person is, the more they can take out of them. It does no matters if they work in the kitchen, as waiters/waitresses, mopping the floor or whatever, when they see a tourist, they see money signs. "Max" tells me that he knows of only a few resort worker that are not sankies but that for the right amount of money they would do whatever is necessary. "Max" wants to be promoted to animation because he says that those guys are the ones having all the fun. He says that some of those guys would even bed 4 or 5 girl on the same night. That they would do whatever is needed to be done in order to "make my trophie" happy.
You have to ask yourself what make you so ispecial that all these workers are after you . If you don't get the same where you came from, then why is it that all of a sudden you became a male or female "magnet". Remember that they are watching you and the moment they see that you have left the "door open", (could have been for something as simple as a smile), they will go after you. Notice that even if you are polite to them and brush them off, they will go back and talk with you again and again, when they know that you are going to take a longer time to conquer, then they will decide if they should go to the next victim and then it's time for the other in line to try and ask you out. They can use any type of methods in order for you to "see" that you should trust them. They WILL tell you how beautiful you are, how you caught their eyes the moment they saw you. They just want to plan the seed because if you let them plant that see, you are almost theirs. All of a sudden they need to talk to you in private but "I can't here because there is too many people and I am working and I just need to talk with you for a few minutes but away from here". Now come the invitation to "take you around town and show you a good time, show so many beautiful things away from the resort". Now they need to tell you that they will take you to "some discos that they know that is very good, I will pay for everything". Even if you say no a few times, they can be very persistent and you, trying to be nice, would just give in, maybe their dancing moves did the trick, maybe they seemed nice, for whatever reason. Since you already said yes, now thay know that it's just a matter of time before they try to bed you becasue that's all that it's in their mind. Now is time for them to practice with all their co-workers on how they will seduce you, now they needs to compare notes because as, you know, they were all watching you but that particular one was the one that won the first bet. And also because he/she will need money to take you out since he/she told you that he/she would pay for everything. The sankie will probably pay for the first time and maybe even a few times but at the end all they are just trying to do is gain your trust because in their mind, no matter if they have to pay a few times, by the end of the relationship, they would be "paid" by you thundreds of times more.

When they get you alone at a disco or restaurant, now it's time for them to start telling you, little by little, some of the things that they hate about their job and how much of a good person they are:

To be continued with PART 2 because it's getting pretty long.

Last edited by a moderator:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sankies For Dummies- Part 2

Now they have your attention and now, since the tourists let their guard down (for any given reason), it's now that their work really starts. At the disco, they will let you see their dancing talents. They will try and make you feel like you are the center of their attention and they WILL only have eyes for you. They will devote all their time and energy making you believe that they are doing all this for you so you can have fun. Meanwhile, in their mind, they are just waiting for the right moment for you to be the happiest in order for them to start with the coming on to you. If the tourist was traveling with another person, they will immediately try to find a "date" for the friend. When it's time to sit and talk, now it's time to tell you that they have no girlfriend of boyfriend (they never do)., that they have no time for that right now because they have not found the right one. Thay might tell you on the first outing that they are looking for someone just like you. They will tell you that you are beautiful and that how come you don't have a companion. Most will tell you that they are not happy at their job but that they need to be there because there is nothing else to do because it's hard to find a job. Little by little they will start telling you that they are poor but very happy and proud people. That they just like to have a good time. They start to tell you about their family, not everything yet.

After taking you out 1 or 2 times and they already know that you like him/her, it you are "smart" enough to go to bed with them, boy, that's where the other ballgame begins.

They will make love to you like nobody have ever made love to you before (at least they will try). They will make you feel so special, loved, desired and wanted and now you will start to put things in your head because now you are starting to fall in "lust" with that person. Now it's time for them to put in your mind whatever they want. They will tell you how happy you make them and how much they are starting to love you. They will tell you that they don't want you to leave. They will ask you to change your plans and leave at a later time because now it's when the 2 of you are having the most fun and he/she does not want it to end. They will make love to you everyday and as many time as necessary because all they want is for you to really care about them because that way, it would be easier for them to start taking advantage of you. Now it's time for the toutist to leave and now there are so many good memories with the resort worker that she/he promises to come back and see her/him again. Now the tourist starts to believe all the garbage that they were told because this person now is all they want.

Now you are home and they will call you every now and then. They will tell you that they can not call you all the time because they do not have enough money. Little by little they will start to tell you of all the problems that they or they families have. In time they will tell you something like: his mother is going to be evicted, his brother was taken to jail, his sister had a miscarriage, his father fell down and needs medical attention, his nephew was stabbed, he needs to go to a funeral for a loved one, his other sister was in a car accident, etc. While telling you all these things, he will make sure to tell you that he does not have the money to take care of all the above problems. (I am not saying that they will say it exactly that way, I am just giving an example of some of the many excuses that they can use in order to have their "victim" feel sorry for them). Some are very slick and they would even tell you about all the problems that they have but would tell you that they do not want you to give them money, just to lend it to them. They will come up with all the excuses in the book, from "I only get paid once or twice a month and I don't have the money now", " I am so sorry that I have to ask you for money but I will pay you back as soon as I get paid", "I am the only one that can help them but I don't have the money now", ect. If they ask you to bring them anything at all, raise that red flag.

There have been many situations where the tourist does not use their common sense. For instance: If you are a famale tourist, there is no excuse that you are the one that have to call him most of the time. If he cares or loves you so much like he says, he should call you almost all of the time. If I was a female and a man tells me " I can not call you because I don't have money" I would never take that man seriously. How can anybody starts a relationship with someone that is not able to support himself and that can not even spend 20 pesos on a phone call. From a personal point, If I am after a woman and I want to get to know her, I will call her even if it is for 2 minutes a day. I will call her the day that I tell her that I am going to call. "Max" tells me that he would not call some of his "victims" for weeks and that they are the ones that call him. They buy him cell phones and send him money for him to pay his bills. Some tourists still fell that they can come to the DR and be with their resort worker and they do not get throught their mind that if this person can does not call them when they say, this person never has money, this person is always asking them for money, this person is always asking to "borrow" money. Then what kind of future are you supposed to have with someone like that.

Part 3- What to do to catch them in their lies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
" Sankies For Dummies- Part 3

BY now you are already geeting used to them not having money, ever. The excuses would come in bunches, little by little: They need money to buy something for the house, they need money to put cards on their cell phones, one by one their family member would have an accident and they need the money for the hospital and medicine, they can not call you because their phone was cut off because they did not have the money to pay it, they are always in need of new clothing, they are always at the clubs after work because they miss you and they need to relax becuase they miss you too much, they are never home when you call because they are always visiting their families, their friends always pay for them because they never have money, all their good clothes were given by friends, they do not want to marry you because they do not want you to think that they are after a green card, but would accept an invitation to visit you considering that you have to pay for it since they have no money( be careful with this last one because sometimes they rather milk a few tourists because as "Max" tell me, he has traveled to 5 different countries because he tell his "trophies" that he does not want them to think that he is after them for financial gain. He has all these tourists applying for visas for him to go visit them). The ones that do not want to leave the country are those that have the most tourists applying for visas for them, Some sankies would not marry a tourist because they know that if they get married, they would not be able to go with the others and the other tourists could not apply for visas for them.

Remember that if you go visit them, keep your eyes open. Also keep in mind that there are many hints that you can put in your head when something is looking fishy. When you go visit he/she, there's no excuse that he/she can not take off for that day. If it was planned ahead of time, they shoud try their darness to be with with at all times. If they give you any type of excuses as to why they can not get off, even for 1 or 2 days, raise that red flag. If you have to pay for most of the meals and beverages every time you go out, red flag, if they ask you how much money you brought, if you have to pay for the taxis or the gasoline most of the time, red flag, if they do not take you to their non-resort worker friends, red flag, if they do not take you to their familes, red flag (this is little bit tricky because most would take you to their familes in order to get you to trust them, this, they would do this most of the time), DON"T EVER GO AND STAY AT THEIR FAMILY HOME, EVER, BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE THEIR FAMILY MONITOR YOUR EVERY MOVE, you will end up staying there all the time while they are at work, if they offer you to stay at their homes, be careful because that can be intrerpreted as them not wanting you to know what's going on at the resort.

Remember that you have your own mind and you can make decisions for yourself, do not let them tell you how to act and how to behave. Don't think that whatever they say is the gospel. As B/e said on her post: these people would even cry looking at you straight into your eyes becasue they want you to believe that they love you so much. They would look so sincere and loving. And as she said, she know of some sankies, while she was working at one resort, that this guy would actually pinch himself in order to make himself cry so the tourist would believe that he was "the real deal" and cared so much about them. As I stated, they would do anything.

When they ask for help, tell them that you are not his/her mother and let them take care of their own problems. They had the same problems before they met you and somehow they took care of it. If they keep on asking and you keep on refusing to help them, see how quick they lose interest in you. If after you go to visit them, they still go out partying but do not take you with them, red flag.

There are many things that one can do in order to catch them on their lies:
Whenever you can, just fly over by surprise. No not tell them that you will be going and study their reaction. Stay at the same resort that they work. Tell whomever can listen that you are his/her girlfriend/boyfriend. Know all their moves. If you happen to know a former spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend of their, ask that person questions about him even if he does not want you to. Go visit their family even if they do not take you to them. Go to his home and look around for pictures of him. Make their co-worker aware that you are there and also study their reactions and the way that they will start to whisper things to them when you are around. From afar, study their body languages when they are talking to other tourists at the resort. If by any reason you see that they are not acting as nice as when you met them, it could mean that you are stopping them from doing the same thing they did to you to other. Demand that they take you everywhere when they are not working. The ultimate test would be to tell them that you feel very unconfortable because they work at a resort and resort worker have a bad reputation and that if they really loved you, that he/she should try and get a different job. I can promise you that the first thing that they would say is that they know about the way that resort workers are looked upon, but that he/she is not like that. They would even act like they are so offended by what you just said. They would act hurt and sad at the same time. They would probably tell you that yes, they would look for a different job to make you happy but that it would take time because it's hard to find a good job. They would just tell you that because they want you to feel like they are trying to please you and that they care about you. But in the long run, they would not change jobs but at the same time, would tell you that they are still looking. If they ever tell you that they used to bed tourists but that now they don't do it anymore, run like hell.

Demand respect, attention and love without having to pay for it. Use your mommon sense and self respect. If you have any inclination that he/she is not faithful, listen to your brain and dump their a**es. There is not reason that you have to support your boyfriend or girlfriend. They were supporting themselves somehow before you came along. Ladies, if you need to give or send money to your boyfriend for any reasons whatsoever, shame on you. When a man is a true man, he would try to take care of his lady the best way he knows how. He needs to pamper you, care for you and make you feel like the princess that you are. He should treat you with respect, love and understanding and it does not matter if you make 10 million more than him, he should pay for everything when you go out with him, at least in my book he should. Tell him that if he loves you as much as he says, to stop telling you and to start showing you. My great and wonderful mother(Grhs) used to tell me and my 5 brothers that a man is not a male that would get a female pregnant and then leaves her, a man is a man when he takes care of all his responsabilites without asking anybody for help. If you have someone asking you for money and help all the time, then why in hell do you want to be with that person at all. They want to be with you, fine let them court you and then you be the judge if that person can be a lifelong partner. DON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN THEM MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE THE GREATEST PERSON THAT THEY HAVE EVER SEEN. YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF!!!!.

T...H...E... E...N...D

Ps: Not all resort workers are sankies and not all sankies are resort workers!!
Pss: I will start to pass the hat around and I am not accepting pesos. Dollars only,hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.