Several countries offer Haiti help

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ah... The voice of hope and optimism returns!;)
The voice of reality.

And so it goes. There is zero hope for Haiti. Did not the police that were promised from Kenya fall apart since it was illegal for the country to send police out of their own borders? There was planning for January for that and it will probably be the twelfth of never. What a sense of urgency.

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
it is going to get worse before it gets better, if that is even possible. You know when fast food conglomerates that can turn a huge profit in the worst areas of the world won't touch a place its bad.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Voice of a downer. Typical of people without faith or hope for the future. Sad, that one would wake up each day with negatives on their mind. To each his own.
I have faith in the future. Just not for Haiti. There is a difference.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
it is going to get worse before it gets better, if that is even possible. You know when fast food conglomerates that can turn a huge profit in the worst areas of the world won't touch a place its bad.
I think that analogy should be passed on to Warren Buffet. It's deep.:cool::cool:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Warren Buffet has the same amount of interest in Haiti as he does in selling lavender incense..
You are very poetic this morning Big. I like it.😄
I have faith in the future. Just not for Haiti. There is a difference.
Winde...tell us why you think there is"a difference". Expand on why there is NO future for Haiti. I accept that this is a board of opinions and we all have our take on the matters. But, it would be interesting to know WHY you feel this way. Your response would make this thread a lot more interesting.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are very poetic this morning Big. I like it.😄

Winde...tell us why you think there is"a difference". Expand on why there is NO future for Haiti. I accept that this is a board of opinions and we all have our take on the matters. But, it would be interesting to know WHY you feel this way. Your response would make this thread a lot more interesting.
The reason why there is not hope for Haiti is this.

1) There is no viable government. Gangs control various parts of Haiti like different tribes.
2) Most people have very little education since there are few schools and little infrastructure provide it
3) Few jobs are available locally so the educated have left for good
4) Other countries won't risk their resources in Haiti because they have seen multiple failures in the past when money did no long term good

For Haiti to be change for the better it needs a government, education for people to be employable, and places for them to work for a decent wage.
Starting where they are today, this will take generations to achieve. Nobody in the world is going to take over that job of establishing a government, education, creating businesses and infrastructure over many decades of time. That is why nothing good is going to happen from these proposed short term actions. Generations are needed . I repeat, nobody in the world is going to invest that time, effort and money in Haiti. That is why I see no realistic solution for Haiti.

Reactions: thompstr and Big

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The reason why there is not hope for Haiti is this.

1) There is no viable government. Gangs control various parts of Haiti like different tribes.
2) Most people have very little education since there are few schools and little infrastructure provide it
3) Few jobs are available locally so the educated have left for good
4) Other countries won't risk their resources in Haiti because they have seen multiple failures in the past when money did no long term good

For Haiti to be change for the better it needs a government, education for people to be employable, and places for them to work for a decent wage.
Starting where they are today, this will take generations to achieve. Nobody in the world is going to take over that job of establishing a government, education, creating businesses and infrastructure over many decades of time. That is why nothing good is going to happen from these proposed short term actions. Generations are needed . I repeat, nobody in the world is going to invest that time, effort and money in Haiti. That is why I see no realistic solution for Haiti.
Your points 1-3 are the present tense and obvious.OTOH #4 is the "future". I'm interested in knowing how "other countries won't risk their resources...". How do you conclude "nobody in he world is going to invest etc? Haiti is prime territory IMO.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Your points 1-3 are the present tense and obvious.OTOH #4 is the "future". I'm interested in knowing how "other countries won't risk their resources...". How do you conclude "nobody in he world is going to invest etc? Haiti is prime territory IMO.
The U.S Navy needs a place to use now that Vieques is closed

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The U.S Navy needs a place to use now that Vieques is closed
Yup. One and a half hours from Miami. A million people looking for work. Agriculture that in time can feed the entire country.China looking at in as strategic location I'm sure. Sounds like it has potential. I wouldn't throw it way just yet and the kicker is... How many hours do you think are needed to get rid of a leader called BBQ? Special Forces could bbq Mr. BBQ on 48 hours notice.

Reactions: j_d66