Shoot to kill policy

T

Tom

You would be surprised how many child molesters have "accidents" in US Prisons.

Most inmates have kids at home, child molesters would be done a great favor if they were put to death, there is no way to jail them and protect them. shit happens

Tom

D

Drake

Gaby

I believe you do not understand what is actually happening here. The police are returning deadly fire to armed gangs when involved in shoot outs. I have not heard of any petty criminal being shot dead whilst performing small crimes.

Also do not interpret my original message as warning of how dangerous this island is. Armed attacks are still fairly rare and the Dominican Republic is probably alot safer than Jamaica or Puerto Rico. This policy is a response to something that never occured a few years back.

A

angela

does it bother anyone that hundreds of innocent people in death penalty countries are executed each year or is that just incidental to enforcing the law and reducing crime (by the way, lots of research shows that the death penalty has a minimal effect on crime reduction)? Gaby, how would you feel if one of your family members was not only wrongly convicted, but wrongly executed? would you still advocate for what you've previously posted with such zeal?

T

Tom

Angela

This may sound stupid, but I disagree with the death penalty but advocate deasdly force. They are two different issues. One is done with the luxury of years of evidence and motions, the other with seconds to decide if you want to kill or be killed

Tom

S

Sam

I think that the Government need to do something to keep our country safe and criminal in control, but giving this power to police, went we all know there?s some of them that are not well trained just because they have a friend with connection that get them a badge and a gun just to make them to get a check.. I scare from this people with this kind of power ?

M

Martine

Same goes for Canada. I knew someone working the prisons in the Kingston area. She said it's amazing what you find in the cell of a child molestor, and usually what is left, is no longer alive.

T

Tom

Child Killers

When I worked for the Police Department, the County Sheriff who was in charge of Courtroom security asked local Police Officers to work overtime for a ?special trial.? This special trial was for a triple murderer, one who killed his sister; Brother in law and 6 year old nephew then set the house on fire.

Another ?large? officer and myself were assigned plain clothes to sit behind the suspect to ?protect him?. Our orders were to take him to the floor and pile on if something happened, great deal huh!

Well, nothing did happen, but during the very long trial I began to wonder if the Jury was going to convict on all three murders, they were so bored with all the forensic evidence. The Medical Examiner took the stand and was asked how 6 year old Kevin?.died. He replied? He has contusions on both temples, consistent with a large man holding his head, then his throat was transected to 4? with a sharp object. The blood nearly drained from the juror?s faces. Three consecutive counts of life without parole.

Mr. John C Congdon has now been in 23 Prisons the last I knew, 4 years ago

Tom