Slightly New Development for Haitians

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
My kid's older brother was by this morning. He told me that the DR is now enforcing the 30 day stay on Haitians. Caught at 31 or 32? Bye bye. It's typical that once apprehended, you spend a day or 2 in prison before being deported. He spent one night in prison here when he was erroneously picked up a couple of years ago. He said it's horrible.

This is a change because last year my kid was told by the migracion dude in Pedenales that they didn't care if it was 31 or whatever days, as long as they got their money. We had been operating on that premise ever since. Now, I have 2 Haitians in my home that need to do this montly. What a pain.

He also told me that France has opened up visas for Haitians, but not Dominicano/as. I don't know how true that is but he has generally been a good source of info in the past. Personally, I have no desire to ever visit France, but if that helps the Haitians find work...

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My kid's older brother was by this morning. He told me that the DR is now enforcing the 30 day stay on Haitians. Caught at 31 or 32? Bye bye. It's typical that once apprehended, you spend a day or 2 in prison before being deported. He spent one night in prison here when he was erroneously picked up a couple of years ago. He said it's horrible.

This is a change because last year my kid was told by the migracion dude in Pedenales that they didn't care if it was 31 or whatever days, as long as they got their money. We had been operating on that premise ever since. Now, I have 2 Haitians in my home that need to do this montly. What a pain.

He also told me that France has opened up visas for Haitians, but not Dominicano/as. I don't know how true that is but he has generally been a good source of info in the past. Personally, I have no desire to ever visit France, but if that helps the Haitians find work...
How many Haitians have a visa for a stay in the DR? That visa is priced at "no can do level". Isn't it?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
How many Haitians have a visa for a stay in the DR? That visa is priced at "no can do level". Isn't it?
It's no can do for Haitians. It's doable for me for some of them. I just can't afford to help all.

It fluctates, but it's around $650 a year for one visa. I think I sent $700 last time because Kenson's cousin does the legwork and I wanted to help him out a little. The other guy I helped is TiBlan, and his was much less. Around $500 if memory serves me (which at my age is mucho debatable).

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have a Haitian that does some work for me that has been here many years. He is a DR ciltizen. He has a wife and kids here also.............

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That is the case of my kid's older brother, Jeffly. He is around 35 and has a cedula. It was so much easier before.
Everything was a lot easier years ago. I got citizenship in 2004. Went a grand total of three times to SD counting Residency...............

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
N

No, I couldn't afford that. I pay around $650 a year and then the standard overstay fee that we all have to pay for staying in excess of 30 days. I will have the overstay fee very soon for the 2 guys I have.
If they are working at all they need to save a little monthly for their own visas. Heck my house cleaner manages it. Sure she lives poor but somehow she stashes away the visa fee.
She cleans houses, dog sits, walks dogs when owners are out of the country, does some sewing ..... If a Haitian can't manage the most import document ( or at least half of it) they should leave.
Otherwise they are working too cheap or just not working or have found a gringo who they are wanting to carry their whole load.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What is the name of the visa NanSanPedro?

Is it a multiple entry visa for one year that lets someone from Haiti enter the DR for 30 days at a time?

They also pay the tourist card overstay fine if they overstay and are deported?

If there is a law that says it is a violation to be her for 31 days, then it should be enforced.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
What is the name of the visa NanSanPedro? I don't know the name, only that it's a tourist visa

Is it a multiple entry visa for one year that lets someone from Haiti enter the DR for 30 days at a time? Yes, exactly, but like I said, they did not used to deport. They only wanted their $.

They also pay the tourist card overstay fine if they overstay and are deported? Only if they want to reenter, which they almost always do.

If there is a law that says it is a violation to be her for 31 days, then it should be enforced. Ok then.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Is the initial (first time) visa easy/hard to get assuming one has the ability to pay?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The practice in La Romana at present seems to be to round up a number of Haitians every so often and take them to Azua and then they are released but I do not know if they have to pay a little for their release.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The practice in La Romana at present seems to be to round up a number of Haitians every so often and take them to Azua and then they are released but I do not know if they have to pay a little for their release.
Pay to go in effect. However, I have two Haitians that go back and forth (up to a week ago) whenever they have a few bucks earned from work they do for me. One of them went back two or three weeks ago and returned with this pregnant wife to a hospital in San Pedro last week.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Little off topic but I just got 3 videos from a DJ friend of mine in okap. There is a club there that I don't know called Sensations. Looked very nice. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because there is some money in Haiti, just not a lot. I'm glad they were able to have a good time.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
What is the name of the visa NanSanPedro?

Is it a multiple entry visa for one year that lets someone from Haiti enter the DR for 30 days at a time?

They also pay the tourist card overstay fine if they overstay and are deported?

If there is a law that says it is a violation to be her for 31 days, then it should be enforced.
In the past it cost Haitians with the visitor visa $20 USD ( or the equivalent ) to have their Haitian passport stamped at Dajabon. Due monthly. Many didn't go monthly but were always allowed to pay for the months overdue.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
In the past it cost Haitians with the visitor visa $20 USD ( or the equivalent ) to have their Haitian passport stamped at Dajabon. Due monthly. Many didn't go monthly but were always allowed to pay for the months overdue.
I'm confused because visa, stamped, monthly are mixed together:
Do they first get a visa that is valid for one year that cost about $700 usd?
Then each time they go back and forth it cost $20 like the $10 we pay here in the DR?
3. What are "overdue" months.
4. If they have a visa are they legal here?
5. If not, why get a visa?

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
1. Yes.

2/3. As I understand it - the stamp definitely goes in the passport. I'm not sure if the visa is a separate document but I seem to remember seeing a sticker ( the visa I assume ) attached to a page in the passport. While they have paid for the visa - they are still required to return to a border migration booth ( in this case Dajabon ) and pay $20 USD per month. If they didn't do this for 3 months they would pay $60 USD.

4. Yes

The point I was trying to make is that they have to go every month and according to the OP - if they are beyond 30 days ( say 1 or 2 months) they will be detained and deported. No longer allowed a "grace period" as long as they paid the arrears.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
I see the immigration 'lorry' almost daily loading up illegals at the National Police station in Boca Chica, the 'gentleman' that frequent Calle Duarte at night aren't happy