staying at home

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
En boca cerra'......

Well done.
With this you should have fought the meanest dogs off. ;)

Welcome!

m'frog
Hehehehehe, that was funny.

What is it that SOME say?:

"Don't judge a book by it's cover", or some schit like that, hahahahaha!.

Feb 7, 2007
I agree with Cris. This guy is not an American. He can't write in english. It is painful to read. Maybe he is illiterate.

Even though EZ-guy explained himself (the voice recognition SW thing), I still think THIS merits some reply.

I just SO hate when native speakers make fun of people that try to speak in second language. Charlielyn, when YOU will try to post in some Brazilian board having a question about Brazil, and you write something like "Mim portugu?s falador muito pouco, por favor dizendo me algo sobre Brasil" and they will make fun of you and tell you that YOU are maybe illiterate, THEN you may understand.

The fact that a person lives in States does not mean he has to speak perfect English. There are many immigrants who speak passable English, not a perfect one. How is YOUR Spanish? If somebody comes to this Board, he asks in English, becuase the language of this board is English, not Dutch, German, French, Polish or Kwali. When he does not speak or write 100% good English, so WHAT? What's the deal about it? He comes asking for advice, not for grammer lessons.

I recall my first communication in Spanish. Back in States, trying to communicate BUSINESS in Spanish, which I was just learning at that time. Looking back the "product" of my Spanish then, is ridiculous now. Did we get business done? YES and YES! Because people appreciated I was trying to speak their language. So PLEASE don't disrespect people who do not speak the second language perfectly. See you in Japan, so I can check out your Japanese!

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
To' pa' ti'......

Even though EZ-guy explained himself (the voice recognition SW thing), I still think THIS merits some reply.

I just SO hate when native speakers make fun of people that try to speak in second language. Charlielyn, when YOU will try to post in some Brazilian board having a question about Brazil, and you write something like "Mim portugu?s falador muito pouco, por favor dizendo me algo sobre Brasil" and they will make fun of you and tell you that YOU are maybe illiterate, THEN you may understand.

The fact that a person lives in States does not mean he has to speak perfect English. There are many immigrants who speak passable English, not a perfect one. How is YOUR Spanish? If somebody comes to this Board, he asks in English, becuase the language of this board is English, not Dutch, German, French, Polish or Kwali. When he does not speak or write 100% good English, so WHAT? What's the deal about it? He comes asking for advice, not for grammer lessons.
I think she already understands that she "jumped the gun". Her silence say it all.

"Maybe he is illiterate" was a little bit over the top.

cuas

May 29, 2006
I do not know if she is fake, but I can understand her concerns. In DR you do not have a husband and stay with your parents. You do not marry and stay with your parents, but you can ask the parents permission to let her stay there until you move there. Also remember men support their Dominican wife.
She will be the talk of the barrio. Tell me, I grew up in a bad barrio. La piso y la dejo. He won't come back. If she stays with her parents they think they have the right to be in her business, she will have no privacy and the whole barrio will know her business.
I think the best thing is for her to stay with her parents as a novio until you are ready to live together because you do not know what can happens if she moves on her own. As a novio you are not obligated to support her.
Ohhhh, I do not want to be in her shoes.

eztime

Feb 11, 2007
cuas....now it all makes sense at first I did not understand .thank you for your reasonable explanation of my situation this does make a lot of sense now that I read your reply this is just the information I was looking for..you see she is also a student and she also works.a very high working person..I have been to many countries which most of them have been Latin American..but none compare to the customs and traditions of the Dominican Republic..I will take your advice when I'm there in May .and her an eye will make a decision after talking it over with her father..the main reason I believe she wants to marry is of course for the financial stability..but also to believe she is worried about me meeting someone else...I think she has a little bit of a low self-esteem..but I'm always telling her it is the heart of the person in which I see .so thank you for your honest and biased in sight

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There Is No FOOL Like An OLD FOOL!

She is feeding you all the "Tried and True" Bull$hit" lines that we have all heard,and fallen for ourselves. They want to marry before you find someone else! Yeah Right!
She is about to take you for a ride you don't want to take!!!

Not THAT RIDE,but the other unpleasant ride!

No need to "Buy The Cow" here! They will all give you the milk for free!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC